Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dead T Sport 2002.

The Crow

Hi

I am after a little help - my Yaris T Sport 1.5 VVTi has blown up.

Engine Kaput.

Need to sell it or get a new engine. Car has done 67,000 miles.

So if anyone has a 1.5VVti lump kicking around then please get in touch.

Michael

Hi

Engine Kaput.

Michael

When you say it's "Blown up", has it literally blown to smithereens all over the road (unlikely), or has somthing broke, like the timing chain (likely) for example? :lol:

Hi

Engine Kaput.

Michael

When you say it's "Blown up", has it literally blown to smithereens all over the road (unlikely), or has somthing broke, like the timing chain (likely) for example? :lol:

Engine is making a very odd sound and runs like a pig and then only for a short while.

Have diagnosed the problem as no oil pressure - so ends are shot and pretty much everything else.

Its a new engine time - cheapest I have found is £300 plus delivery.

Michael

Ohh bugger :(

Guessing you've tried 24/7 spares & Japspares etc ?

Yes tried them both.

24/7 seem pretty good - avoid the text ££££ and call on landlines to breaakers - their 07 number is a premium rate 50p plus.

That said maybe I am being cheap as they have an engine for £375 ish.

I do not know whether to sell the car on as I do not have the time to fix it up.

And there was me thinking !Removed! Toyotas were reliable!!

It's all down to regular servicing, if you neglect to maintain a vehicle then you're asking for trouble. It's very important to check the car's service history before you purchase.I have seen it countless times before where people who have never looked after their car (by that i mean very rarely wash and service it) then trade it in for a new one, the garage then gives it a quick polish and oil / filter change before passing it on to a unsuspecting purchaser who then has problems with it a few months later. But by and large Toyotas are reliable.

It's all down to regular servicing, if you neglect to maintain a vehicle then you're asking for trouble. It's very important to check the car's service history before you purchase.I have seen it countless times before where people who have never looked after their car (by that i mean very rarely wash and service it) then trade it in for a new one, the garage then gives it a quick polish and oil / filter change before passing it on to a unsuspecting purchaser who then has problems with it a few months later. But by and large Toyotas are reliable.

I suspect that post Stanley is the smuggest, stupidest most pointless post ever.

Thankyou.

You Stan are our TW*T of the Week.

Congratulations

What? Why? Who exactly are, when you say OUR .... of the week?

What's wrong with saying Toyotas are reliable? I was only pointing out the fact that a car of that age and relatively low mileage should not have a US engine unless it's been abused, you cannot go around implying it's unreliable. I must have hit on a raw nerve!

I suspect that post Stanley is the smuggest, stupidest most pointless post ever.

Thankyou.

Congratulations

When people spend the time to reply to other owners problems, the very least you can do is NOT slag them off whatever your feelings! :censor:

People remember this on here, so next time you have a car issue, be safe in the knowledge that you may not get a reply. ;)

It's all down to regular servicing, if you neglect to maintain a vehicle then you're asking for trouble. It's very important to check the car's service history before you purchase.

Thankyou.

Have diagnosed the problem as no oil pressure - so ends are shot and pretty much everything else.

Which I would put money on being due to being neglected during its life by current or previous owners?

Wrong viscosity oil, no oil, too much oil will, as you have found out, will kill your engine. Did you have a flickering oil warning light on at all? There must have been some warning signs prior to it going kaput?

Thankyou.

Congratulations

MODERATORS NOTE:

TOC will not tolerate rudeness to its members when they have responded to your questions with a perfectly sensible answer.

There is not much point in you asking questions on a TOYOTA OWNERS FORM if you are not prepared to listen to the answers and be polite to the members :rolleyes:

In future please keep your offensive comments to yourself. :)