Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Polish?

donnyvfr

i am not into this mega detailing some of you do but i do like my car to look nice. i use maguires gel wash to wash the car which says does not strip the polish off and autoglym super resin polish. i have noticed that after about 3 or 4 washes the water does not 'bead' anymore on the car suggesting the polish has all gone? what other polishes would be better for me or am i doind something wrong?

thanks

Stick with Meguires.... Autoglym has a slight cutting action so will strip off some of what has been put on before.... I don't like the stuff and hence don't use it :angry:

Meguires is good as is Zaino.... I use Turtle Wax ICE which is extremely easy to use in all weather conditions.

Good luck with whatever you buy :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Bear in mind that a polish is not the same as a wax - that's why in every supplier's range you will find different products.

A polish strips off the surface to make it very clean, flat and shiny. A wax then applies protection to the clean surface.

So in theory, you should do both steps separately, using two different products, unless you use a product that's designed to be a compromise and do both....

Both Autoglym and Maguires have polishes and waxes in their range - and also combined products for those who don't have the time or inclination....

The Autuglym Super Resin Polish is a good polish, but doesn't apply any protection, so only use SRP eveny six months or so and apply a protection layer like Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection or Turtle Wax Platinum Gloss Guard on top...

In theory, use a polish once or twoce a year and then wax more frequently to keep the protection up.

The Toyota Owners Manual says to wax every month......

• 1 month later...

I love how you just spray it on everything, even if car still damp and can have the car polished in hardly any time!

Plus it comes with 2 polishing cloths

Autoglym Aqua Wax is excellent.............easy to use ...........and smells great! B)

• 5 weeks later...

I use the Smart wax range...

As long as your paint is good it is awesome! It really brings out the deep blue/black pearl in my paintwork :)

• 4 months later...

Hi donnyvfr, polish is good for our car but be care about that quality. There are many brand available in the market of polish so buy one that have excellent customer feedback. I prefer formulaone for my car and my car always gives shine. You may have a Look at my car below.

Bugatti-Veyron-164-model.jpg

cheers!

I have always used Merguires, I have always found their products to be brilliant.

I only use Autoglym leather conditioner. B)

Polish is used to cut down on swirl marks & light rds in the clear coat, it has no protection what so ever. AG super resin polish only fills these marks and has a little protection.

You should only really need to polish your car once a year if using polish with micro abrassives ie menzerna, 3m. If you using SRP then yes this can be used every so many months as washing the car will gradually remove the fillers that cover the marks.

If your after beading for several months then there are good cheap waxes out there ie Megs 16, collinite 476. Any wax with a high amount of carnauba will protect for several months. Then every time you wash the car just top up the wax with a spray sealant of some sort. :thumbsup: