Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

P0627 Error Code

llith

Hi ,

Bought a code reader off eBay and plugged it in tonight.The engine management light had come on two days ago on my 2005 4D4 with no loss of power.The light went off on its own accord yesterday.The booklet that came with the reader says the fault is 'Fuel pump control circuit/open'.Does this mean my fuel pump is on the way out after 60000 miles.

Has anyone had any similar problems and saw the same error code on theirs ?

Regards

Hi ,

Bought a code reader off ebay and plugged it in tonight.The engine management light had come on two days ago on my 2005 4D4 with no loss of power.The light went off on its own accord yesterday.The booklet that came with the reader says the fault is 'Fuel pump control circuit/open'.Does this mean my fuel pump is on the way out after 60000 miles.

Regards

i found this using the search on these very forums ;)

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=82044 <-- second post down explains all

Cheers, yes , also did a search after I posted .Looks like the SCV valves are the problem.I also found a very useful post with photos of how to replace them.Should I replace them now or wait to see how often the light comes on and perhaps use some fuel cleaner .I have now cancelled the code using the reader.

Cheers, yes , also did a search after I posted .Looks like the SCV valves are the problem.I also found a very useful post with photos of how to replace them.Should I replace them now or wait to see how often the light comes on and perhaps use some fuel cleaner .I have now cancelled the code using the reader.

personaly as soon as i get even the hint of a fault i fix it but then im abit mad about things like that cause i depend on my car for work.

I personally wouldn't. These things cab sensitive and a surge in fuel pressure can cause the light to come on. Now you have a reader just monitor it for a while and if it does it again you will have the confidence to cough up your cash.

Hi ,

Bought a code reader off ebay and plugged it in tonight.The engine management light had come on two days ago on my 2005 4D4 with no loss of power.The light went off on its own accord yesterday.The booklet that came with the reader says the fault is 'Fuel pump control circuit/open'.Does this mean my fuel pump is on the way out after 60000 miles.

Regards

Which code reader did you go for?

Hi ,

Regards

Which code reader did you go for?

Hi ashpole ,

Sorry for the late reply to your question ,just got in from work.

Here is the link

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150403709077&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

£23.99 including postage ,quick delivery by registered post.Cheaper than the RAC one at Argos.Handy bit of kit .

Regards

Thanks for the info, looks good. Does it include a list of error codes etc?

Hi ashpole

Yes it comes with a booklet with all the codes.

If you click on the link then scroll down a bit you will come across the words 'click to read copy of manual'. A pdf file of the manual with all the codes will be downloaded to your PC which you can save if you wish . I saved one just in case I loose the manual.

Hope this helps. Handy bit of kit which you do not often use but could lend to your mates should they need one , worth a few pints.

Regards

Hi ashpole

Yes it comes with a booklet with all the codes.

If you click on the link then scroll down a bit you will come across the words 'click to read copy of manual'. A pdf file of the manual with all the codes will be downloaded to your PC which you can save if you wish . I saved one just in case I loose the manual.

Hope this helps. Handy bit of kit which you do not often use but could lend to your mates should they need one , worth a few pints.

Regards

Cheers, seems very comprehensive.

• 2 months later...

Just to update the thread.I took anchorman's advice and did not fit new SCV valves straight off.

Decided instead to fill up with Shell Vpower diesel rather than the Tesco fuel as I had done for the previous 60000 miles (sod the Clubcard points).I have been doing this for over a month and I have had no problems recently ,just got back from a 350 mile round trip today with no problems (touch wood).I know this fuel is more expensive and all this could be a coincidence and the SCV valves will have to be replaced one day but for the moment everything looks OK (famous last words)

Regards

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links