Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Glove Bag...with Or Without?

Lynshut

I've realised the glove bag is an optional extra so I got a quote and it costs around 80 quid! Is it worth it or does it look ok without it?

Wish I'd thought about it when I was doing the deal !!

Personally I wouldn't bother - it is next to useless. It's too small to be of any real use and the way it attaches to the dash means the velcor bits detach and it creaks. It's a poor piece of design to be honest - not like the rest of the car.

I've realised the glove bag is an optional extra so I got a quote and it costs around 80 quid! Is it worth it or does it look ok without it?

I took mine off and a funny noise from the front stopped, so I have kept it off, and not missed it.

Bought some "popper" covers to go on the fixings for the bag, so it looks OK.(The covers match the ones covering the fixings for the tonneau cover in the back)

I agree with everyone else -- useless.

Got mine for nothing, but don't use it. It's too small to hold anything sensible; it also rattles with all those little pop-stud things to hold it in place.

Don't waste your 80 quid

I took mine off and a funny noise from the front stopped, so I have kept it off, and not missed it.

Bought some "popper" covers to go on the fixings for the bag, so it looks OK.(The covers match the ones covering the fixings for the tonneau cover in the back)

Can I ask where I would be able to buy the popper covers from?

I think I got them from a Dunelm Mill shop (interior decor and furnishing type of place) near us, in a bubble pack along with all the other bits and pieces you get to fix poppers to material.

I actually bought them for something else and found I had four left which match the ones at the back of the car, which was lucky.

I think I got them from a Dunelm Mill shop (interior decor and furnishing type of place) near us, in a bubble pack along with all the other bits and pieces you get to fix poppers to material.

I actually bought them for something else and found I had four left which match the ones at the back of the car, which was lucky.

Thanks for the info, that's a good tip, I have one of those local to me!

perhaps some clever clogs will get out their Blue Peter stuff and come up with an aircraft-style foldaway table that will affix to the poppers - now that'd be handy!! B)

I agree with everyone else -- useless.

Got mine for nothing, but don't use it. It's too small to hold anything sensible; it also rattles with all those little pop-stud things to hold it in place.

Don't waste your 80 quid

Would you sell it ?

Are you sure the dealer did not leave the popper covers in the bag, it could be the funny noise you have ?

Mine did

Popper covers come with the car! Mine were in the cup holder. I actually LOVE my dash bag, it has my purse with car park money in it, notebook & pen, maglite & buisness cards when I visit car tuners/bodyshops etc. It makes no noise & I think it looks the nuts. Would miss mine.

Horses for courses. :driving:

Jaine

though it can only hold a bag of skittles, and rattles like a snake, I still love my dash bag, and agree that it would look odd without it.

Would any Glovebag haters consider selling if they aren't using it?

though it can only hold a bag of skittles, and rattles like a snake, I still love my dash bag, and agree that it would look odd without it.

It looks fine without it, otherwise I would have found a way to silence it and put it back on!

Some could say it looks odd with the bag in place, because it is a weird piece of kit, but that is just a matter of opinion.

I like the bag but don't need it, or it's noises, so don't carry it around but will keep it as an asset to help if I ever need to sell the car.

• 3 weeks later...

well i wouldn't take it off it adds some style in the passengers side and besides empty feels a bit awkward

i might be wrong all my cars had somethin over there so i can't get used to nothin

i don't say it's nt useless but it's certainly much prettier with it

This bag is usefull... it prevents your passenger from scratching the plastic in front of him...

Not sure if that was a joke or not... :censor:

• 3 months later...

I am interested in buying anyone's unwanted glove bag. It's a bit naf, but I miss having something to to place bits and pieces.

Send an email and price to: simon@webindustries.co.uk

Thanks

It does NOT rattle and its very usefull to put small stuff in (charger for phone/pen/paper etcetc)

Also looks nicer then without.

In Germany you have not to pay for this part, because it is standard in all versions.

If you fit it well it can not make any noises. It is not perfect (it tells you please don't use me, I'm only good looking and my technical fitting/fixing is made by an novice) because the designer was driven by "form follows function". :P

I like this piece: it is something special in the car.

perhaps some clever clogs will get out their Blue Peter stuff and come up with an aircraft-style foldaway table that will affix to the poppers - now that'd be handy!! B)

Sounds like a job for Ruud. :D

Sounds like a job for Ruud. :D

My box came with the car, so I've no need for developing a solution for that. especially now that I have the double cup-holders in the middle. Used them yesterday at the mac already.

I would not pay 80 pounds for that rather useless glovebox, but an airline table gets me thinking.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have had my IQ for 10 days now & love it. One small niggle though, I ordered a glove bag only to be told when I picked up the car that the company making the bags had gone bust & the dealer does not know how long it will take to get one. Has anyone else had this problem?

I have had my IQ for 10 days now & love it. One small niggle though, I ordered a glove bag only to be told when I picked up the car that the company making the bags had gone bust & the dealer does not know how long it will take to get one. Has anyone else had this problem?

Picked my car up on Nov 12th - still waiting for glove bag

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links