Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will 15" Yaris Alloys Fit An Aygo?

toyboata

Hi all,

I'm looking for some toyota alloys for my aygo (when i get it) - just wondering, would 15" alloys from a yaris (latest shape) - fit the wheels hubs on a new aygo?

I'm asking this because i would like slightly bigger rims than 14", but dont want "aftermarket" alloys...

I'm thinking, 15" yaris alloys, with lower profile tyres, to give the same/similar wheel circumference, and better handling in the bends?

By doing this i hope to keep the speedo/odometer accurate.

Thanks

Matt ;)

• 4 weeks later...

I think the answer is yes Matt....

I've sadly spent an hour searching around the internet, looking at "alloy wheel fitment" sites (well I needed a break from looking at machine polishing threads...).

I first thought that you'd be out of luck because I realised that the Aygo was a Peugeot/Citroen/Toyota collaboration rather than a "normal" Toyota car, but looking through the guides and falling across a Citroen C1 forum, it looks like the Aygo has the standard small Toyota fitment of 100mm PCD, 38mm offset and a 54mm mounting hole, the same as the Yaris.

The alloy wheel sites show 14, 15 and 16 inch fitments...

I was going to photoshop a set of 16" Toyota Motorsport Pit Lane alloys, as fitted to my SR onto your photo, but couldn't find a photo of the wheels to copy easily....

http://www.citroen-owners-club.co.uk/citro...amp;mode=linear

But someone on the Aygo forum says not - I've asked for clarification as I can't see any difference in the fitment between Yaris & Aygo....

Looks like you're out of luck.

The expert says:

"That is correct, they're the same fitment size, but the Aygo uses conical-headed bolts whereas the Yaris uses studs and nuts with a flat face, washer and shank.

It is impossible to get a bolt for the Aygo which has a flat face, washer and shank like the Yaris nut. I've tried, and in the end had to machine my own.

Even then, the Aygo offset is 38 and the Yaris offset 45."

Gosh you've done a lot of research!

That’s a shame - really liked those alloys but no way am i gonna jeopardise the safety of the car for the sake of alloys.

I think i will just keep with a set of standard aygo alloys and be safe!

Will give them coat of that collinite wax to keep them clean and pretty!

Thanks again!

Matt

Hi all,

I'm looking for some toyota alloys for my aygo (when i get it) - just wondering, would 15" alloys from a yaris (latest shape) - fit the wheels hubs on a new aygo?

I'm asking this because i would like slightly bigger rims than 14", but dont want "aftermarket" alloys...

I'm thinking, 15" yaris alloys, with lower profile tyres, to give the same/similar wheel circumference, and better handling in the bends?

By doing this i hope to keep the speedo/odometer accurate.

Thanks

Matt ;)

Hi ,

I have just bought an iq with 15~ alloys on, I have changed them for another set.

The wheels are unused, except for delivery mileage and I aslo have locking nuts for them too.

They are 4 bolt, 6 spoke wheel.

Let me know if you are interested, you can call me on 01889 883930 if you wish.

Regards

Sylvia