Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Iq3 - Fitting Aftermarket 2-din Navigation Unit

dimitris71

Hi,

I just ordered my IQ3 and I can't wait! :) I am new to this forum and I live in Greece.

I was about to get it with Toyota's TNS-510 preinstalled, but I was told that the maps provide only 53% coverage and no Greek language at all.

(not even planned)

So, I am thinking to fit a Pioneer AVIC-F910BT as soon as I get the car.

I read here: Iq Aftermarket Radio & bluetooth that I can get the "centre console trim" part which will allow me to install any 2-din unit.

But there are some things that I don't understand and I would like your help.

link to Toyota IQ TNS510 Picture

1. In this picture, I see next to the navigation unit (on the left), some Airbag indicators (or are they controls?).

If I get this "centre console trim" will I get these indicators ? Do I need a different part?

2. Will the steering wheel buttons work with the Pioneer unit ?

3. What size Speakers can I fit after removing the preinstalled 6 Speakers ?

(I suppose those are 2-tweeters and 4-mid )

:(

I guess no one can answer my questions... even Toyota avoids answering (at least here in Greece)

• 5 months later...

Hi,

I just ordered my IQ3 and I can't wait! :) I am new to this forum and I live in Greece.

I was about to get it with Toyota's TNS-510 preinstalled, but I was told that the maps provide only 53% coverage and no Greek language at all.

(not even planned)

So, I am thinking to fit a Pioneer AVIC-F910BT as soon as I get the car.

I read here: Iq Aftermarket Radio & Bluetooth that I can get the "centre console trim" part which will allow me to install any 2-din unit.

But there are some things that I don't understand and I would like your help.

link to Toyota IQ TNS510 Picture

1. In this picture, I see next to the navigation unit (on the left), some Airbag indicators (or are they controls?).

If I get this "centre console trim" will I get these indicators ? Do I need a different part?

2. Will the steering wheel buttons work with t

Dimitris71 firstly, i' m so pleased that somebody else in Greece is thinking to fit an aftermarket double din in his/her own iq!

I'm about to purchase iq2.! I have contacted one toyota dealer near Piraeus and reassure me that it is possible to fit an aftermarket! Now, pay attention:

He talked about 5 different parts that i should order from a dealer( including the side screen with the airbag /seatbelt information which cost 60 euros) with a total ammount of money near 450 euros! After that, i immediately contact an aftermarket dealer at psihiko in order to discuss which model i should buy and fit in the toyota parts. There's only one thing.. I'm not sure whether i should buy all the 5 parts of toyota to fit the aftermarket. I thought it was just one part.. ( the one that fits the screen of tns 510). Anyway, can anyone tell me if i need the all five parts and give me the exact 5 pαrt numbers to order them..?

I've looked into this futher, but decided not to pursue it at the moment due to cost.

Here's a link to an image containing the relevant parts that are required.

http://www.celsusice.co.uk/images/prod/Toyota_iQ_parts1.jpg

Here's a list of parts & prices that I was quoted:

Top SatNav Dash Cover

55414-74020-B1

£75.25+vat

Inner SatNav Dash Cover

55422-74010-C0

£37.66+vat

Replacement Dash Middle (Outer/Top)

55412-74020-B0

£75.25+vat

Replacement Dash Middle (Inner/Bottom)

55416-74020-C0

£23.16+vat

Lower Dash Structure

86211-74020 (Left)

£9.08+vat

86212-74020 (Right)

£9.08+vat

Airbag Indicator

Warning Lamp Telltale (TypeB)

83950-74080

£42.21+vat

You'd then also need:

An aftermarket DoubleDIN stereo head unit

The DoubleDIN facia adapter (ebay)

ISO lead to convert the IQ wires into the standard fit for aftermarket stereos (ebay)

Possibly another lead that can connect the IQ steering wheel controls to the new head unit (if it supports it)

And probably a lot of time to fit it!

• Like 1

Matt, I should thank you for your immediate reply!! You did a great job mate!! I needed nothing more than your report! I' m off for the dealer tommorow with your report printed at my hands! Thanks again..and a happy new year!

• 2 weeks later...

Morning gentlemen! Matt, I' ll need your assistance because here in Greece i'm having problems in comunicating with the Toyota dealers :angry: The numbers of the fitting parts that you've recently given, are correct and i should thank you for one more time! However there appears to be a difference in the airbag indicator/warning lamp. You gave me the 83950-74080, and toyota hellas says that there is also the 83950-74080. Believe me they are not in position to tell me which part of the two i should order..! I think it has to do with the vertical and the horizontal version of the indicator.. If you could please give me an answer, i would appreciate that! You are my only hope..! Thanks again!

Ok, I can only really provide the information that I've already stated.

(Although looking at your post, you've listed 83950-74080 twice - slightly confusing!)

Airbag Indicator

Warning Lamp Telltale (TypeB)

83950-74080

The part you require is the TypeB version, which is the vertical one. I assume TypeA is the horizontal one as fitted as standard to most IQs.

My only other suggestion, if your contact can't differentiate between the two parts, is to go ahead and order both then just return the one you don't need!

Let me know how you get on.....

Maybe not an answer for your question but I have seen double din blanks for the Toyota IQ on eBay, maybe worth checking out.

BTW, does anyone have a picture of an IQ with an aftermarket stereo fitted?

• 3 years later...

I've used a bit of ingenuity to solve the cost issue of the double din conversion.

It occurred to me that the toyota IQ is sold in the USA under the SCION brand as the Scion IQ

It also occurred to me that all US scion IQs have double din units, and therefore that every IQ in the breakers yards will have the double din dash parts.

I found a breakers yard fairly easily in the US which had the parts, and kindly emailed me these pics before completing the sale,

selling me the parts for US$135 + US$55 shipping (total £123.51) to the UK

the breakers yard I found didn't happen to have the two lower metal parts (what's called "lower dash structure" in the list posted earlier), so I had to get those two metal brackets from the dealer. they are required, and are the metal brackets to which the double din radio attaches. the existing standard single din brackets which you'll find behind the plastics on our normal IQs for the funky hidden radio will NOT work, even if you were only fitting a single din unit, because the new double din dash plastics, because of the position of the airbag light unit, put the double din unit itself in a slightly off-centre location, hence the different metal brackets to hold the radio. Also these double din brackets ("lower dash structure") parts require 2x more bolts where they attach to the car than the standard existing brackets do, so don't forget these extra bolts which aren't on the list posted above. the 2 extra bolts are the exact same bolts as the 2 on your existing brackets. I'm talking about the bolts that attach these brackets to the car here, not the bolts which attach the radio to the brackets (you'll probably need 4 more of those too, being a double din unit, if you want it securely attached. I'm waiting to see if some come included with my new double din radio)

these two "lower dash structure" brackets cost me £29 inc vat from dealer, would like to know what dealer the prices on the list posted earlier came from, I can't find any dealer to give prices this good!

Lesson here is , if like me , you're sourcing from a breakers yard, try and ensure you get the double din radio brackets ("lower dash structure") and the bolts to go with, along with the plastics. In my case I guess the breakers yard had sold the radio already and left the brackets attached to it.

EqiKW7s.jpg

DR4YPNZ.jpg

6JU3Z0t.jpg

TGEv2KT.jpg

fV6NFVG.jpg

zP2XG1y.jpg

us$96 (£62.41) including postage to the UK for the steering wheel controls adapter

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Metra-Axxess-ASWC-1-Universal-Fit-For-Aftermarket-OEM-Steering-Control-/400403186171

£2.50 inc postage for the wiring harness adapter http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160834046916&ssPageName=ADME:L:OU:GB:3160

£15 inc postage for the fascia adapter

http://www.amazon.co.uk/CT24TY25-TOYOTA-ONWARDS-DOUBLE-SURROUND/dp/B00AQGX2T4

So can be done for £140 + headunit if you're not bothered about steering wheel controls, or £210 plus headunit if you want the best headunit steering controls solution

• 5 years later...

Hello and thank you for all the information above.

I finally upgraded my iq's stereo for a double din one, using used parts from a scion IQ from the states.

Everything is ok with the exception of the airbag display unit that shows airbag off instead of on and the other way around once i disable the airbag.

Did @Valman or anybody else that sourced the parts from US ran into a similar problem ?

Whould changing some wires fix this ?

• 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Hello to all

I am also trying to change my current toyota iq radio/cd player with a double din touch screen steering controlled unit.

I have read about US breaker yard and other parts that are required.

Would it be possible to provide any contact details of the breaker yard that could supply the parts from a toyota scion; and as far as the list of MattIQ, from where I can purhcase the pats mentioned in the detailed list.

Parts are available in the uk, this thread is 7-11 years old so things change

Connects 2 do all the install kit minus the hood (see part numbers above)

steering wheel control adapter CTSTY001.2 then add the suitable patch lead

On 8/20/2020 at 5:30 PM, jcsjcd said:

Hello to all

I am also trying to change my current toyota iq radio/cd player with a double din touch screen steering controlled unit.

I have read about US breaker yard and other parts that are required.

Would it be possible to provide any contact details of the breaker yard that could supply the parts from a toyota scion; and as far as the list of MattIQ, from where I can purhcase the pats mentioned in the detailed list.

hi mate, i got all mine from a japanese parts dealer, it cost quite a bit but it was worth it see pics, unit is an android double din unit from aliexpress

IMG_20200309_155753.jpg

IMG-20200813-WA0004.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Ηere in Greece they are asking for 550E to sell the parts for the modification . Im thinking ill get them from eBay

• 2 months later...
On 8/25/2020 at 10:36 PM, Dannyw13 said:

hi mate, i got all mine from a japanese parts dealer, it cost quite a bit but it was worth it see pics, unit is an android double din unit from aliexpress

IMG_20200309_155753.jpg

IMG-20200813-WA0004.jpeg

Hi Danny. Can I ask what the website is that you ordered from? Tia

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi there. After giving my iq some love and seeing a shot of one with a double din head unit has anyone done this recently? Im currently looking for spares to convert to a double din unit...

On 1/9/2021 at 5:36 PM, Tony17 said:

Hi Danny. Can I ask what the website is that you ordered from? Tia

Would you happen to have a parts list of what you ordered...id love to do this mod.

That is for the tell-tale

there are a few threads on the forum

Oem Numbers

• Top SatNav Dash Cover - 55414-74020-B1
  • Inner SatNav Dash Cover - 55422-74010-C0
  • Replacement Dash Middle (Outer/Top) - 55412-74020-B0
  • Replacement Dash Middle (Inner/Bottom) - 55416-74020-C0
  • Lower Dash Structure - 86211-74020 (Left) or 86212-74020 (Right)
  • Airbag Indicator Warning Lamp Telltale (TypeB) - 83950-74080

If you want OEM used, find a scion IQ on eBay.com

Hi there. Thanks very much - found a Toyota spares place in HK and sent them the list....hopefully i can get some combined postage to lessen the blow...!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Got everything apart from the tell tale light for 335 delivered to the uk.

Something tells me the tell tale will be hard to locate...!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links