Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Iq Owner In Two Weeks

steveybaby

Hi all,

just a short note to say that I should be an IQ2 owner in two weeks!

Have ordered a manual IQ2 in white with urban pack, sat-nav and DAB radio however after reading some of the posts regarding the manual gearbox, I'm a little concerned.

I once had a ForTwo and got rid of it shortly after purchase because the auto box was horrendous with 2-3 seconds of no drive between gearchanges and this nearly caused an accident - appalling was the nicest thing I can say about it.

Anyway, should I have gone for the auto option I wonder given previous experience or is the manual box OK - abuse, sympathy or re-assurance welcome ;)

Thanks for reading.

Hi all,

just a short note to say that I should be an IQ2 owner in two weeks!

Have ordered a manual IQ2 in white with urban pack, sat-nav and DAB radio however after reading some of the posts regarding the manual gearbox, I'm a little concerned.

I once had a ForTwo and got rid of it shortly after purchase because the auto box was horrendous with 2-3 seconds of no drive between gearchanges and this nearly caused an accident - appalling was the nicest thing I can say about it.

Anyway, should I have gone for the auto option I wonder given previous experience or is the manual box OK - abuse, sympathy or re-assurance welcome ;)

Thanks for reading.

for what it's worth, I think the Automatic is SUPERB. I had mine for a few months now. No problem. As smooth as a baby's bum.

Even after the problems some of us have experienced with the gears I would still go for the manual everytime.

I've had the same concerns as the OP. I've not ordered the iQ yet and debating between the automatic & manual. When I test drove a 1.0 manual a few months ago, I noticed the car rolling back immediately after releasing the brake at an uphill traffic light. I currently drive a Mini & a Smart ForTwo which both hold the car in place for about a second before rolling back.

Just wanted to confirm whether Toyotas have this anti-rollback feature in their cars or not. Thanks in advance.

The manual does not have anti rollback but i used to have a Smart Fortwo also and got too used to the anti rollback. Once you drive a car without it again, you get the hang of clutch control again quite quickly.

If you holding the clutch in the right place when moving from brake to accelerate, it should not roll back anyway

Thanks for all the replies, the car is due on Tuesday so no going back now!

Manual it is.

Good point about the anti-rollback feature, I also got very used to the indicator on the Fortwo where you flicked it once and it gave three flashes. This is also on the F*at 500 but so is poor pedal positioning I thought :rolleyes:

Good to know about having to use the clutch properly again.

Steveybaby: let us know how you get on with the manual.

Picked it up about 2 hours ago!

Great fun little car and I think there is the essence of the original mini about it - go kart like.

First impressions:

Handbrake is too far forward

Gearlever over too far to the left

Gearbox is a little notchy and I'm not always sure that it's completely in gear - could be newness

Goes far better than I expected.

Had a quick scratch of the plastics and couldn't mark it - will keep you updated

DAB - for once in my life, I will have to read the manual, this isn't intuitive at all.

Sat-nav is good with an excellent display - first IQ from that dealer with sat-nav so they played too.

Found the various displays, guages etc. a little fussy and un-coordinated - getting *really* picky now!

I quite like the Allegro type steering wheel which caused a bit of a alarm initially when I let it run through my fingers whilst turning.

I think the tonneau cover will be on permanently and the back seats down.

Nervous about the locking system. Am using the key fob to un/lock at present - noobie!

Overall - great :D

Oh, a quick addition, need better thigh support on the seats, they're pretty flat and need to hold the occupant better and if I'd thought about it more, I'd have gone for leather seats, the upholstery quality reminds me of a set of car seat covers I bought from a market in 1982 for a pound.

i went into my local (ish) toyota to sign the reg papers today and i'm pretty sure my iq was sitting in the car park waiting to be plated up :D :D

Good for you!

Prepare yourself for the 45 minute talk through you'll get whilst looking out of the window at your new car and take a bag - youll get so much paperwork and lots of manuals :rolleyes:

Very good service from the Dealer I must say.

BTW, I met my wife in Harlow - sorry - OT!

Well I am happy for all of you who have your iQ's and enjoying them.

We were scheduled to take delivery of our iQ3 tomorrow but upon going in to the dealer last Saturday to check the car out seeing that it arrived the Friday (24th), we discovered the idiot of a sales manager ordered our car in manual and not auto.

I'm sure I don't need to express on this forum just exactly how I feel, but their service stinks.

The joke is that to think I used to work for Toyota and the Dealer in question is also just hilarious as I now know why customers out there loose their temper.

I really feel like telling them to shove the deal and go buy elsewhere.

Well I am happy for all of you who have your iQ's and enjoying them.

We were scheduled to take delivery of our iQ3 tomorrow but upon going in to the dealer last Saturday to check the car out seeing that it arrived the Friday (24th), we discovered the idiot of a sales manager ordered our car in manual and not auto.

I'm sure I don't need to express on this forum just exactly how I feel, but their service stinks.

The joke is that to think I used to work for Toyota and the Dealer in question is also just hilarious as I now know why customers out there loose their temper.

I really feel like telling them to shove the deal and go buy elsewhere.

I will also receive my IQ3 on 24th of august... but they will need time to install "black windows" and spoiler. Hope the seller didn't make any mistake he's a friend of mine and one of toyota france best sellers. (actually i wish he'll make a mistake to mock him for a long time !!! :lol: )

i picked mine up today (31st) and i love it!

bit embarrassing seeing as i tbh ratted the clutch trying to get it out of the dealers ( i havent driven in 4 years, i passed my test 4 years ago, reasonable really considering....)

once i got used to it i was very comfortable with it and felt good about 'where the car was in relation to me' (something my tutor used to say to me) which i think has got to be a good thing for a novice driver?

need a bit of late night driving with no-one around to really settle and 'know' the car (because i am a bit nervous) but i hope to be trucking around after then!

even my dad who doesn't like the look of the car was impressed by the spec and feel of it so good news :D

Hey Chris, did you get it from Stortford dealer? I am very near to you in Nazeing so we may see each other a bit.

Jaine

i did enquire about the iq at the stortford dealer but ended up buying from Ben Rose at the Hills of Woodford dealership instead. Sadly for the stortford garage they only had one iq for me to look at and that was up on the plinth/slopey bit and the sales pitch was a little bit poor, although they were quite friendly.

Hills of woodford bent over backwards to make everything go smoothly and got me a decent deal and were extremely friendly to boot :)

ahh yeah i know nazeing! not far from me! what colour is your iq? i'll look out for you!

The iQ is being built in Japan, so I wouldn't be worried that much. That's what I was at least told in the dealership.

Yeah I wish I had got mine from Ben, he is lovely bloke, but got mine in Stortford & not impressed with them at all. Told them I will be taking it to Hills Woodford for anything I need. Mine is the lowered, tinted, noisy purple one! Always round Harlow getting various animal feed etc so toot if ya see me & we can have an iQ chat.....yawn yawn :lol: