Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Iq3 1.33 The Facts....

eco9rat

Just taken delivery of my iq3 today (pictures to follow) Thought this tread may start answering some questions people have had as well as observations about the car in my opinion.

1. There ARE drum brakes on the rear. Not discs. Was suprised but braking is superb anyway!

2. Bought the sports pack but does not come with the triangular exhasut finisher (thought it did) but does have a nice shaped end (pics to follow) Like this just as much.

3. I did get the luggage cover (some people aparently did not)

4. The chrome mirrors are the most shiney thing ever created B)

5. Standard red WAS the right choice... SOOOOOOOOOO SHINY.... :P

6. Test drove 1.0 litre car previously, this 1.33 feels much stronger (not pushed it hard yet)

7. MPG gauge has same 60mpg problem as others. Getting 60mpg show up at 30mph in 4th :P

8. Stop start works great (was concernered to may be slow to respond but perfect)

9. There is a mode on the computer to show how many seconds you have sat with engine off using stop start. Great

fun. Makes me look for traffic lights just to add time to it. :D

Info for tuning scene:

1. Asked superchips if there was plans for chip, they said probably not as system is probably not compatible with there tuning technique :(

2Positioning for and induction kit is perfect! Short length, grille intake only 1 bend.

I am surprised that the iQ3 has DRUM brakes :eek:

It doesn’t make sense, bigger engine, higher top speed and rear drums! Crazy

Fit for purpose and easier to set up the parking brake system was the reason that I was quoted. :thumbsup:

Drum brakes on rear? eek! If I had those I would have crashed the other day (I almost did, luckily the brakes saved me and the missus from rear ending a van that slammed it's anchors on in front of us)

More weight on the front, less contribution from the rear.

Paul.

You had best stay away from all Land Rover Freelander Mk1's then!!! The 5dr Diesel AUTO i had was a Disc/Drum car and the brakes were cack!

As Paul T says its the front that does the most, the balance is typically 80/20 so rear brakes don't do a lot and to be fair the IQ in any spec isn't exactly heavy.

Cool, interesting post, will follow this one. Hope you enjoy.

Just checked the broacher for the iQ and the iQ3 does have drum brakes! iQ and iQ2 have discs. I wonder why??

Just checked the broacher for the iQ and the iQ3 does have drum brakes! iQ and iQ2 have discs. I wonder why??

Maybe something to do with the stp/start system. :unsure:

I presume a brake must be applied automatically when the engine stops. :huh:

Maybe something to do with the stp/start system. :unsure:

I presume a brake must be applied automatically when the engine stops. :huh:

.............or maybe I'm talking poo..... :rolleyes:

Hello, I'm curious about the stop/start feature - I usually ride a scooter to and from work and have stopped alongside some cars with this - mainly BMWs. By the time their engine re-starts and they get going, I'm far, far away and there is a delay for the rest of the traffic to move on.

Under what conditions does the system kick in, is it after a preset time, do you have to have the handbrake on, what re-starts the engine?

Sorry - I'm really interested in this as a previous car I owned had this but on a later version. Pretty clever really, the car was just outside the emissions limit for road tax which put off perspective buyers. By adding this, they reduced the urban emissions level to just within the lower tax band - hey presto, more sales!

Cheers.

Just touching the clutch ever so slightly and the engine will start, the same with cruise control, if you touch the brake or clutch it will cancel, so by the time your foot is down enough to engage 1st gear, the engine is ready to go.

Just touching the clutch ever so slightly and the engine will start, the same with cruise control, if you touch the brake or clutch it will cancel, so by the time your foot is down enough to engage 1st gear, the engine is ready to go.

It works really well. I was worried it would be sluggish and would get "beeped" at every set of lights but its so fast you dont even think about it. Have been trying to beat it but its idleing by the time i have the gear in.

On a seperate note, current mpg average showing 49.7 mpg average acording to scangauge. All heavy town use with loads of roundabouts and traffic lights and not trying to be eco. My focus st mk1 best i could manage was 19mpg average in same conditions driving eco and 17mpg thrashing it???? Not an eco car i grant you but at 150% increase in average useage economy is most pleasing. I love my iq. :P Oh and got 2 level trolley loads of shopping in the back today and had space for 1 more bag easily and even more ontop if i wanted to loose visability B)

Hi

I just registered to this forum and don't speak perfectly english (i'm french).

I ordered an IQ3 in France that should be delivered in september so your feeling about the car does interest me ! (pics too)

Just have a look at this pic... it has been given to press as IQ3 and we clearly see it has disk breaks at the rear :

http://www.japanesesportcars.com/photos/d/...ota-iq3+_4_.jpg

Unfortunatly in France broachers are not complete... we don't have full details so i don't know if i will have disks or drums for rear brakes.

Hmmmm.........

Odd how the Multidrive 1.33 is quicker to 60 than the manual.............yet the multidrive 1.0 is considerably slower than its equivelent. :unsure:

Hmmmm.........

Odd how the Multidrive 1.33 is quicker to 60 than the manual.............yet the multidrive 1.0 is considerably slower than its equivelent. :unsure:

It may be due to the fact that you have to change gear... and it takes time !!! the 1.33 has 6 gears whereas the 1.0 has 5 gears... it may change a lot of things.

An other point is to consider... VVT-i motors get more effient after 10 000 - 15 000 km (don't know how many miles), and the stats are below reality. It's the same with my Yaris TS... it is quicker than announced on brochure because the tests has been done with a new car.

I got mine on friday and was only able to clock about 100km so far. Here´s what I can add:

- I am in Austria and mine has solid disk brakes in the rear. Obviously, there are country-specific differences (well, obviously!)

- I tried the 1.0 before (but unfortunately not the diesel) and felt the engine to be, well, adequate for this kind of car but suffers fro the long gearing

- the 1.3 feels stronger, of course, but still suffers from long gearing. It would make a different character car but I would prefer a little more liveliness

- friend of mine has the diesel with the CVT, I will have a chance to try it and will report my inpression

- the 6-speed gearbox is nice

- the start - stop feature works flawlessly, if you step on the clutch like you would with the engine running, there´s no delay or a tendency to bog

- the JBL sound system is not cheap but worth the expense

- the bluetooth works with the iPhone (although the dealer said it might not)

- there is a lowering option offered by my dealer (OEM, so to speak) which I will have installed at the first inspection

- and I have ordered a set of Advan Racing RS wheels because I don´t like the stock ones

- the ride is much more comfortable than in the smart ForTwo (which I had before)

- the ForTwo feels sportier but is not as "Eco" and altogether louder and "raw" and feels smaller driving it compared to the iQ

More to come (and pics)

Peter

Austria

How much was JBL system? I usually do my own installs so be interesting to see how much Toyota charging. I have asked two salesmen so far with "I will come back to you" but they never did & it is not in the price list.

Looking forward to seeing wheel pics

How much was JBL system? I usually do my own installs so be interesting to see how much Toyota charging. I have asked two salesmen so far with "I will come back to you" but they never did & it is not in the price list.

Looking forward to seeing wheel pics

I've heard this JBL kit isn't worth the price, It looks like they just change the Speakers wtihout any "study", and the result isn't very good.

I would not buy it thru a dealer that charges something like £800 for sat-nav! And then it looks like a microwave on top of the dash :yucky:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links