Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Iq3 1.33 The Facts....

eco9rat

I would not buy it thru a dealer that charges something like £800 for sat-nav! And then it looks like a microwave on top of the dash :yucky:

JBL and navi sat are different things... but it's true that the handfree bluetooth micro looks very very very cheap...

Sorry, I meant I know they are different things, I meant if a dealer charges £800 for sat nav (79.99 halfords) then I dread to think how much the JBL kit was. I may look stupid but I know a fair bit about cars.

Jaine

having seen the IQ3 at my local dealer at the weekend my thoughts:

-Really don't like the silver wing mirrors, I think they look tacky

-I notice that this model has the nice 16" rims....bit gutted really as I wanted those on mine and don't fancy shelling out for aftermarket replacements.

My IQ 1.0 CVT from April 2009 has also rear drum brakes

My IQ 1.0 CVT from April 2009 doesn't. :rolleyes:

OK, here we go:

the rear brake:

post-80101-1248198356_thumb.jpg

and to answer some questions from the previous posts:

- tires are Bridgestone

- the JBL sound system cost around € 1.000.- including Speakers front and rear and an amplifier , small parts and labour (which is definitely not cheap...); as far as if it is worth the money: it is definitely a huge improvement over the stock system, but I admit at a price. Someone posted a link to the Toyota tech database where you can download installation instructions, there you can see what you have to do and what is included in the kit.

- the iPod integration costs around € 50.- for the connection to the sound system and another 110.- for the cable that plugs into the iPod. It works fine, however, charging your iPhone/iPod and giving you full control via the sound system and the controls on the steering wheel.

If you like to pretend: the JBL stickers are available seperately, they cost € 16.- and have the part# PZ4380023000...

Kinda embarrassing: the stock exhaust (although the chrome end pipe you can buy from Toyota doesn´t look significantly better):

post-80101-1248198924_thumb.jpg

post-80101-1248199024_thumb.jpg

So far, 300km down, everything OK, no drama. I am currently driving defensively and mostly only short drives, fuel consumption is at 7.2l/100km (no idea what that is in mpg, though), which is quite a lot.

The guy at the dealer said it usually takes about 4000km for a Toyota engine to become free power and fuel wise, meaning after that mileage the engine will reach its peak performance and its best economy. We´ll see.

The dome light alone is an LED which makes for a nice and techy look but it is weak. Maybe the accessorial footwell illumination makes sense, but it likely cost € 200.-, so thanks, I´m fine in the dark.

And I don´t know how to make the pics appear directly in the post :-(

The guy at the dealer said it usually takes about 4000km for a Toyota engine to become free power and fuel wise, meaning after that mileage the engine will reach its peak performance and its best economy.

2485.6 miles (approx) :thumbsup:

Mine must be well run in then, ive done nearly 5500 so far :( Goes up far too quickly!!

I have the answer about rear brakes.

Tambour do not fit to ESP system, so if your IQ does have ESP you must have disc brakes. If you don't have ESP toyota don't have to put discs and they put drums/tambour.

So in the countries where ESP is on all IQ versions (France, Germany...), all IQs will have rear brake discs.

Tha make me think in UK ESP isn't on all IQ ?!!! I would not have bought an IQ without ESP... :unsure:

That’s a major safety issue, ESP is essential no matter what size car you have. In the broacher it says that the iQ3 does have VSC and TRC, where did you get this information from?

The Aygo can have VSC as an option and that will have rear drum brakes.

Had this info from toyota seller in my town (which is not the one that sold me the car).

Tha make me think in UK ESP isn't on all IQ ?!!!

According to Toyota (UK), it is :thumbsup:

So there must be an error somewhere... or there isn't any problem of "compatibility", or IQs should not have drums ?

ESP = VSC (vehicle stability control) ;)

In Germany all iQ mixes (version and engine) are equipped with disc brakes. :rolleyes:

All mixes have VCS+ and TRC. ABS and EBD too. :rolleyes:

VCS+ is linked with the powersteering (EPS)

So there must be an error somewhere... or there isn't any problem of "compatibility", or IQs should not have drums ?

We had this discussion on the Aygo forum as originally all VSC-equipped cars had discs all round. But now it looks like the Aygos can have VSC even though they have rear drums, so I guess the same applies to the iQ.

Paul.