Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help - Install Oem Roof Rack On '97

enviromental

I recently acquired the OEM Roof Rack (cross bars) for my '97 RAV 4 and I could not figure out how to install them in 5 minutes, so I guess I need instructions. Does anyone have something like this? Or experience they could pass on?

Also, I had a Thule system on the roof, but took it off thinking the OEM rack would be better. Does anyone have an opinion as to which would be best? I use the rack for transporting building material, a cargo bag, and a canoe (not all as once).

Thanks for your help!

I recently acquired the OEM roof rack (cross bars) for my '97 RAV 4 and I could not figure out how to install them in 5 minutes, so I guess I need instructions. Does anyone have something like this? Or experience they could pass on?

Also, I had a Thule system on the roof, but took it off thinking the OEM rack would be better. Does anyone have an opinion as to which would be best? I use the rack for transporting building material, a cargo bag, and a canoe (not all as once).

Thanks for your help!

I have the Toyota Roof Cross bars on my 98 RAV, you pull up the cover on the side of each side of the bar and a rod with a T piece should drop down so that you can engage this in the slot in thr cars roof rail, then you pull the cover down which clamps the bar securely to the roof. Once you have done this a few times its no too bad.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links