Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fitted The Camcon!

farhanali89

Fitted the camcon guys, Done it on the driveway and tapped the ecu wires, Not sure if emsi would know but i have set it to the bast stock settings however my car is idling up and down with the camcon on and engine light comes on.

If i turn the camcon off and take the fuses out and put them back in. Then start car my engine light stays off and car runs as normal.

Needed to know if there are some settings i should put in to return it to stock...also the small switches at the back of the camcon theres 8....and they are all set to off, if i push them down it will say on....which of those should be switched on etc.

Finnaly, In the manual it says some of the wires have to be connected by male and femal connectors. I didnt bother and just shaves the wiring covers back and put the wiring around them. Unit sets fine etc but could that be the reason.

Is it a must to use the female to male connectors on the 4 wires that the manual says.

For any UK owners our ecu is the same as what emsi posted up, if anyone needs help just identifying wires PM me.

Dont know any answers to your questions, but dont you have to get it mapped in farhanali???

Yep has to get mapped, but i just want it back to the base settings and identify and make sure that i havent fitted it incorrectly. Just wanting to put the base map on...the base map wont effect the air fuel and will only do a slight but safe adjustment to the cam timing.

Nice one fella! Let the fun commence! Updated your sig already you tart :P

Are you going to use it in conjunction with a piggyback?

Nice one fella! Let the fun commence! Updated your sig already you tart :P

Are you going to use it in conjunction with a piggyback?

Defo will be using it in conjunction with another piggy back possibly a system that can control ignition. I would have waited for a power fc but considering i bought the camcon for a great price, so buying a piggy back wont be to much considering i can save on fitting the damn things as i know how to now wire to the ECU.

Hats off to you for giving it a go. Wiring scares the crap out of me, especially when cutting/splicings involved!

well i will do one today, but as said before i just have to make sure the connections are allright. This will go for fitting most piggy backs as these are the wires you need to identify.

Hats off to you for giving it a go. Wiring scares the crap out of me, especially when cutting/splicings involved!

Same here!

When I had to fit a new tailgate, I had to wire it up to keep certain things working like the heating strips. I got my mate to solder them so that I could blame him if it went wrong..... :lol:

I think that it'll be a while until I grow the stones to mess around with the ECU!.

And good on you Farhan for having a decent bash at it, I'd never touch wiring as important as that.

I really want to do some write ups or get this forum kicking with people showing how stuff is done....you can save so much on labour if someone gets there hands dirty and does a write up. Will do a write up very soon on this but more importantly the weather doesnt look promising so it might have to be photos on sunday

Needed to know if there are some settings i should put in to return it to stock...also the small switches at the back of the camcon theres 8....and they are all set to off, if i push them down it will say on....which of those should be switched on etc.

Finnaly, In the manual it says some of the wires have to be connected by male and femal connectors. I didnt bother and just shaves the wiring covers back and put the wiring around them. Unit sets fine etc but could that be the reason.

Is it a must to use the female to male connectors on the 4 wires that the manual says.

For any UK owners our ecu is the same as what emsi posted up, if anyone needs help just identifying wires PM me.

All dips should be at off position. Those are just for honda's.

I did but those male & female connectors like the install guide said, but it shouldn't make any difference.

Did you disconnect the negative from the Battery when you installed your camcon?

I didn't get any lights or any other problems.

Did you double and triple check that the wires are at right place?

Thanks emsi just the man i needed. Well i im sure iv attached them to the write wires but regardless of what i do if i turn the camcon on it triggers my ecu light, if the camcon is off and i remove the terminal to reset ecu the lights stay off its only when camcon comes on. Could it be the way i have attached the wires? I have all dips switched off. I made sure i disconnected negative terminal during the install.

Also how did you attach the wires did you splice them all and just wrap around? i have two wires from the camcon that i have attached to 1 wire on the ecu is that allright to do? Tried changing settings on camcon to 0 but the car doesnt run right and just stalls on idle etc.

Thanks emsi just the man i needed. Well i im sure iv attached them to the write wires but regardless of what i do if i turn the camcon on it triggers my ecu light, if the camcon is off and i remove the terminal to reset ecu the lights stay off its only when camcon comes on. Could it be the way i have attached the wires? I have all dips switched off. I made sure i disconnected negative terminal during the install.

Also how did you attach the wires did you splice them all and just wrap around? i have two wires from the camcon that i have attached to 1 wire on the ecu is that allright to do? Tried changing settings on camcon to 0 but the car doesnt run right and just stalls on idle etc.

VVT-i and A/F has got 2 wires coming from the camcon and you have connected both of them on the same wire coming from the ecu? Like two VVT-i wires are connected to ecu's one VVT-i wire? Two A/F wires are connected to ecu's one wire?

The signal should go through the camcon, not like the other 3 wires ( RPM+, RPM- and IG Power ) that you can "steal" from the ecu.

VVT-i and A/F signals should go like ecu -> camcon -> engine, not like ecu -> camcon AND engine.

Now it gives two signals for the engine. From the ecu and from the camcon. It should get only the signal from the camcon.

I think that is the reason that you got the light on.

Do you know what i mean?

I did use those pipe connectors for the other 3 wires and male+female connectors for the VVT-i and A/F.

Thanks emsi thats what i need to do. Yep as you said above i have the vvti & afc 2 wires from camcon splicing onto one single wire.

Bit confused on how i should wire ecu ->camcon ->engine...should i snip the wires in the middle connect one part into the camcon and then one wire from the camcon to the other half of the snipped wire so the signal goes.

VVTI WIRE vvti Wire

----------| |----------------ECU

.............| |

.............| |

RPM + RPM -

So i basically have to do it like that, snip in the middle male and female connector so the signal isnt just feeding off the wire one signal fromm one wire goes into camcon and the other will feed signal back into camcon?

Cut the wire then connect the wire that comes from the ecu to the VVT-i CP and A/F CP (orange and purple).

Then connect the other two wires VVT-i and A/F (peach and brown) to the wire that goes to the engine.

Get it? It's quite hard to explain it in english. :D

i got you so in simple terms! cut the ecu wire lol. man im scared to do that but hell im going to do it. so snip in middle one snipped side from camcon coming in, the other connect to the other part so it goes into circuit.

ECU-------)WIRE ----) CAMCP ------)CAMCON---------)CAM--------)WIRE----------)GOING TO ENGINE

and you have to do the same for afc wires to.

right off to Halfords to buy some male and female connectors! emsi if i get this wrong ur coming to the uk to help me sort this out haha!

WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I DONE IT! NO EML NOTHING PERFECT NOW TUNING! THANKS EMSI i took loads of photos so going to do a full write up of how to fit the things. Well pleased emsi thanks again alot of credit goes to you in this!

wow glad uve got it working! let us all know how u get on, ive been thinking camcon for some time!!

Thanks to emsi for helping me out with the silly management light problem. Emsi if you dont mind can i use your pinout sheet to make a DIY?? ill put credits to you init!!

Thanks to emsi for helping me out with the silly management light problem. Emsi if you dont mind can i use your pinout sheet to make a DIY?? ill put credits to you init!!

Of course you can. :yes:

wicked i did a write up yday night so please do have a look at it once i post it up. just need to take some more pics.

• 2 weeks later...
wicked i did a write up yday night so please do have a look at it once i post it up. just need to take some more pics.

about damn time!!! WELL DONE!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links