Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Celica Gen 7 Fast Idle At Cold

TommyTanky

I purchased a Gen 7 celica T-Sport (190) a few weeks ago and firstly, I must say its one of the best cars I have ever owned as far as driving is concerned. However, i have just notices over the last few days that the engine idle when cold is hovering at 2000rpm. This didnt happen for the first few weeks i owned it for. When its warmed up its ok (hovers between 800-1000)

The local garage has cleaned all the throttle linkage but still a problem. I dont want to take iot to a Toyota garage at £80 per hour thanks.

Could it be a problem with the auto choke? Where is the auto choke?

Anyone had this kinda problem before?

Ta

I purchased a Gen 7 celica T-Sport (190) a few weeks ago and firstly, I must say its one of the best cars I have ever owned as far as driving is concerned. However, i have just notices over the last few days that the engine idle when cold is hovering at 2000rpm. This didnt happen for the first few weeks i owned it for. When its warmed up its ok (hovers between 800-1000)

The local garage has cleaned all the throttle linkage but still a problem. I dont want to take iot to a Toyota garage at £80 per hour thanks.

Ta

I have the 140 and my autochoke kicks in every time i start the car, warm or cold, varying the length of time it stays on for, but does start at around 2000rpm and gradually reduces. Doesn't bother me, but it is jerky to drive as the choke reduces and then disengages. That does annoy me.

Ta

I get exactly the same problem but mine idles at 1500 RPM. You can read about it here

In the end I just couldn't be bothered and left it the way it was.

• 1 month later...

Ta

Hi ya...

i think it's normal for them to be like that for the first few mins. to warm up the engine but make it sure that when the engine is warm... it will be down to 800rpm on idle...

• 2 weeks later...

Ta

I wouldn't call it a problem, but all the cars i had have been like that. Assume they are supposed to.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links