Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Timing Belt

happychappy

hi new member, and surprised if managed to get this far,I'm not a computer person, anyway i have just purchased a Toyota avensis 2.2D4D T spirit with 53,000 miles, i pick the car up tomorrow just wondering when the timing belt is due to be done

cheers mitch

hi new member, and surprised if managed to get this far,I'm not a computer person, anyway i have just purchased a Toyota avensis 2.2D4D T spirit with 53,000 miles, i pick the car up tomorrow just wondering when the timing belt is due to be done

cheers mitch

Howdy from North Lanarkshire,

Ye huvnae got a timing belt. It's a timing chain on the 2.2 same as mine I am sure, so no worries there. Enjoy yer new moatir.

Big Kev

cheers mitch

Howdy from North Lanarkshire,

Ye huvnae got a timing belt. It's a timing chain on the 2.2 same as mine I am sure, so no worries there. Enjoy yer new moatir.

Big Kev

Hi Big Kev and thanks never had a Toyota before so looking forward to driving it cheers happy chappy

Avensis 2.0 and 2.2 diesel only from July 2006 have chains.

Models before that have belts.

I have a 55 D4D, and mine needs to be done at 60k. Any idea on the cost from a main dealer?

Cheers

Grape.

• Like 1

I have a 55 D4D, and mine needs to be done at 60k. Any idea on the cost from a main dealer?

Cheers

Grape.

hi mate

ask for the same belt from PARTS KING on here.

He's to quote youo soon.

Cheers/Igor

Cheers

Grape.

Mine cost £191 at Hodgson in Gateshead

The 60K service is one of the biggest and has a book time of 3 hours 24 minutes. The cost includes a timing belt and the cost is in the region of £400 depending on your dealers labour rate

Kingo :thumbsup:

The 60K service is one of the biggest and has a book time of 3 hours 24 minutes. The cost includes a timing belt and the cost is in the region of £400 depending on your dealers labour rate

Kingo :thumbsup:

Thanks, appreciate that. As I paid 12,000 for the car.. 400 is well worth the investment! ;))

hi i was talking to a mechanic today he looked under the bonnet and said it has a sealed metal housing so it will be a chain, if it has a plastic housing it will be a belt any comments welcome cheers happy

• Thanks 1