Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

7th Gen Induction Kit

Fozzy

Ive not long bought a vvti and was thinking about fitting a induction kit, has anybody ever fitted one and is it straight forward, any links on where to purchase one would be helpfule.and also was looking on eBay and see ecu mode anybody know anything about that? :thumbsup:

:crutchy:

:drool: Nice, I'm really into the Gen7's at the moment, is yours 140 or 190? Are you happy with it? Also whats the insurance like? :unsure:

I've got a CAI to fit at the moment.

nincacel00_au1.jpg

It depends what type you have?

Is it a RAM air one or CAI?

Nice, I'm really into the Gen7's at the moment, is yours 140 or 190? Are you happy with it? Also whats the insurance like?

I love mine at the moment, it's TSport (190) Insurance is £1300 @ 20yrs old (dad's) I think they are group 15E insurance and the 140 is 13E

Mines a 2001 y plate 140 horse model insurance was a extra £100 on top of my old policy (106 quicksilver) can see a price on the induction kit says tba :(

Mines a 2001 y plate 140 horse model insurance was a extra £100 on top of my old policy (106 quicksilver) can see a price on the induction kit says tba :(

Try sending them an email or phone them and see if they give a price

Kenny :thumbsup:

There are a few different choices for the 140. The Yanks say the Injen CAI is the best one to go for..

That would look similar to the one posted above but for your model.

Well here.

injen_coldairintake.jpg

Hj58508.jpg

Or you could have a short air one like

injen_shortramintake.jpg

The main problem with the CAI (Cold Air Intake is the filter sits behind your front wheel. This can cause Hydro-Locking if the filter ever got submerged in water. (I'm taking the risk)

I got my CAI from eBay. The kit cost £19.05 + Postage + Customs Charges = £70. It's a AEM copy but I’m going to chop it anyway for NOS so it doesn't matter.

Try...

Fensport

Tune a car

CelicaBit's

If you have any questions just ask..

Oli

Should be fitting the kit next week so i'll post some pictures for you.

Yeah if you could. i think i would prefer the shorter one and not risk blowing me motor sounds dodgy placed under arch what if you got through a big puddle. :eek:

Oli did you get yours fixed up?

What's the difference between the T-Sport & the older 190's? Also do you find it quick in comparison to your old Yaris?

Oli did you get yours fixed up?

What's the difference between the T-Sport & the older 190's? Also do you find it quick in comparison to your old Yaris?

I'm getting it this weekend i think.

it is loads quicker than my Yaris. I'm sure you can see from that vid that with a few mods you can make it so fast for a 1.8l

Ive seen a blitz induction kit for £200 on eBay (buy it now) is that about the going rate for a 7th gen ind kit? its bidding at £100 9 dayts left or buy now £200 :blink:

I know this is a old post but im having trouble getting a induction kit for my 140bhp celica vvti 2001 most only do a induction kit for the 190 only, if anybody got a link it would be helpfule cheers.

The way I've learnt is you can either get bent over for a normal induction kit, costing you £££'s or you can make use of the scientific facts. Basically I made my own kit using a universal induction cone (K&N) at £15 from Santa Pod.

All you need to worry about is getting colder air into the system as colder air has more oxygen, therefore burns faster and gives better acceleration!

The link at the bottom of this text is my induction kit where I’ve basically replaced the air box from my Celica st with the air cone. Then I made two holes under the car in order to lead a 4inch metal but flexible pipe (£10 from Homebase) and another plastic 3inch pipe (£5) to the air cone. They both suck up loads of cold air from under the car along with another plastic pipe attachment from the original air box to the air cone.

The final and most genius part are to make an air protection box to surround the air cone. If you don’t do that then your induction kit is almost pointless because the heat from the engine bay will simply swirl around the cone and outweigh the amount of cold air to the cone. To make it I simply went to a scrap metal yard (they're everywhere) and bought a meter-squared piece of aluminium sheet metal (£6). I measured the size of my air cone and cut the sheet metal to the correct size into a box that would surround the cone with holes to feed the cold air pipes. The only hard part of this whole process is cutting through the metal (it takes a lot of pain).

The end result is worth it because the outside of the box reflects the engine heat away from the cone and the inside of the box keeps the cold air present. My car is only a 1.8 but the acceleration is amazing as a result. Much better than any normal induction kit. If you can be bothered to do it, have a go.

Here is the link to the picture (http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/gallery/album01/CelicaInduction?full=1)

Good luck!

Dave.

• 4 years later...

IVe got a taiphoon induction kit for my 2004 140 celica...Tried to fit it last week and dont even have a clue what to do with the sensors..

Anyone in the wembley area on here who knows how to fit these?

• 2 years later...

I have just bought a cold air induction kit from eBay for my celica vvti 140 and it didn't come With any instructions, iv taken the standard air intake unit and filter out but can't seem to work out how the new one fits, could someone please help me, any links to fitting instructions or pictures would really help thanks.

Ian

I have just bought a cold air induction kit from eBay for my celica vvti 140 and it didn't come With any instructions, iv taken the standard air intake unit and filter out but can't seem to work out how the new one fits, could someone please help me, any links to fitting instructions or pictures would really help thanks.

Ian

Hi Ian,

See my reply to your post, here;

Clink

D.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links