Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Buzz Thro Brake Pedal At Very Low Speed When Stopping

bmthavensis

Ok... i'm probably being stupid here, buy I can't locate the ABS pump... can anyone please tell me where it is?

Thanks

If the ABS system is functioning well in higher speeds, i assume the ecu unit

and the pump ( if there even is one) is alright.

Even if you have tested the resistance of the rear sensors, you should test

the output voltage too, because the resistance may still be fine even if the

output voltage is too low, if the distance to the sensor ring is too great (from what

I have read anyways).

Also, if you haven't already done so, check to see that none of the tooths are damaged.

• 13 years later...
On 8/19/2009 at 4:17 PM, Gooli said:

If the ABS system is functioning well in higher speeds, i assume the ecu unit

and the pump ( if there even is one) is alright.

Even if you have tested the resistance of the rear sensors, you should test

the output voltage too, because the resistance may still be fine even if the

output voltage is too low, if the distance to the sensor ring is too great (from what

I have read anyways).

Also, if you haven't already done so, check to see that none of the tooths are damaged.

Hi, apologies for resurrecting this thread but I have recently bought an old 2006 Avensis Estate and have the same issue. Braking fine at high-medium speeds. At a crawl, in traffic jams whilst edging forwards and gently touching the brakes I get a buzzing noise. 

19 hours ago, FungleJunk57 said:

Hi, apologies for resurrecting this thread but I have recently bought an old 2006 Avensis Estate and have the same issue. Braking fine at high-medium speeds. At a crawl, in traffic jams whilst edging forwards and gently touching the brakes I get a buzzing noise. 

I had this problem, when I owned my Mk1 1998 model many years ago. I found it was a build up of brake dust. I would hose down the disc and callipers and it helped for a while. The better solution is to disassemble and clean using brake cleaner, then add copper grease on the back of the brake pads. It might be worth replacing the pads and discs, if they are worn and the discs are heavily ridged. Also make sure the slider pins move freely and suitably greased.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
On 8/30/2022 at 8:39 AM, Konrad C said:

I had this problem, when I owned my Mk1 1998 model many years ago. I found it was a build up of brake dust. I would hose down the disc and callipers and it helped for a while. The better solution is to disassemble and clean using brake cleaner, then add copper grease on the back of the brake pads. It might be worth replacing the pads and discs, if they are worn and the discs are heavily ridged. Also make sure the slider pins move freely and suitably greased.

Thank you. Will try that but I'm no mechanic. I was wondering if it might've been a fault with the ABS. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links