Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

If You Could Spec The Sporty Aygo Gt What Would It Be?

zakelwe

Of course there is no sporty Aygo currently apart from the one off Crazy, but if you were working for Toyota and were given the brief to do a sports version what would you do to it to produce a fun car with more performance but which still retains some of the strengths that make the Aygo/C1/107 more and more popular in today's economic climate?

Regards

Andy

Of course there is no sporty Aygo currently apart from the one off Crazy, but if you were working for Toyota and were given the brief to do a sports version what would you do to it to produce a fun car with more performance but which still retains some of the strengths that make the Aygo/C1/107 more and more popular in today's economic climate?

Regards

Andy

They would need to address the four main areas:

(1) Interior

- more gauges - rev counter, fluid temperatures

- more comfort - better stereo, air con as standard, sport seats, sports steering wheel

(2) Engine

- probably the 1.3 toyota engine to give some more poke but keep insurance reasonable

(3) Suspension

- proper sports suspension, shocks and springs, and see if anti-roll bars could be included, and see if track could be widened slightly

(4) Exterior

- decent 15" alloy wheels

- some subtle bodywork additions (front splitters, rear spoiler) but nothing tacky

- special colours

I would be happy with this, providing the cost wasn't too large, otherwise you are in iQ money range

Mmmmm. I would add more colours, alloys, sport seats, lower suspension, rear spoiler, a turbo to the engine rather than plonking a bigger engine ...(just like what Daihatsu did to the Copen with it's small Toyota engine), and if possible sharpen the steering so it gives more feedback like the old Ford KA or Mini.

For me it would be

• a bigger, turbo charged engine
  • leather seats as standard
  • more dials for oil, revs etc.
  • a better stereo with MP3 COMPATIBILITY!!!
  • bigger alloy wheels as standard
  • rear spoiler as standard as well as optional skirting and front splitter
  • sports exhaust
  • climate control
  • better suspension

If it ain't broke don't fix it, probably the best thing about the Aygo is its motor which only weighs 68kg, you start putting extra stuff under the bonnet you run the risk of messing up its balance, good handling and steering feel (on skinny 155 tyres), which I think they must have achieved by accident. Also there would probably be even more rattles if it had a stiffer ride.

The Toyota 1.3 lump I guess will weigh more and does n't get great write ups when it is in the IQ3.

Though now I am thinking, what would be a definate improvement is front seats you don't slide off when cornering, though you can't slide far the car is so narrow.

:thumbsup:

If it ain't broke don't fix it, probably the best thing about the Aygo is its motor which only weighs 68kg, you start putting extra stuff under the bonnet you run the risk of messing up its balance, good handling and steering feel (on skinny 155 tyres), which I think they must have achieved by accident. Also there would probably be even more rattles if it had a stiffer ride.

The Toyota 1.3 lump I guess will weigh more and does n't get great right ups when it is in the IQ3.

Though now I am thinking, what would be a definate improvement is front seats you don't slide off when cornering, though you can't slide far the car is so narrow.

I'm going to get a CG Lock to try to cure the seat issue.

The Toyota 1.3 lump I guess will weigh more and does n't get great write ups when it is in the IQ3.

You are right about the rattles, heavier bigger wheels and 40 series tyres have shaken my car into submission. Even the rear tailgate rattles now. That's without lowering springs and sports suspension, those are to follow. You do get massive amount of grip with wider tyres though so it is worth it. Disagree on the engine, true I would keep the 1 litre engine as it is light, but you can offset the weight of a turbo by moving the Battery to the rear to replace the spare wheel.

I'd do the following

turbo so about 120bhp

steering rack quickened up by a good percentage

New gearbox with better ratio's 30,50,70,100, 130 say

Bilstein or Koni suspension.

15 inch 195/45 tyre, wheels.

Recaro seats.

Regards

Andy

• 5 weeks later...

I agree with the idea of keeping it simple. Peugeot got it just about right with the 106 Rallye; a light fun car. I'd like to see Toyota take the basic Aygo and make it the Aygo Sport with:

- Rev counter

- Sports seats

- 15" alloys

- Less assistance to the power steering

- Stiffer, lower springs

- Anti-roll bars

Also I'm sure Toyota would be able to get another 10-20 bhp from the standard engine.

I'll have one in white :)

Supercharger as standard and what the post above me said. :)

• 4 months later...

TTE Sports Shocks + Springs

TTE Bodykit, and centre exit exhaust, as standard (with optional TTE Fog Light Kit)

Lightweight alloys with 6.5J width (Like Rota's)

Limited Slip Differential

Better Front Seats

Alarm fitted as standard

Privacy/Tinted Windows

Possible N/A tuning (lightweight flywheel, pulleys, RAM intake if they were feeling generous)

Shorter Gear Ratios

And a proper sound system (6 at the front, 2 in rear doors and an optional pair on the parcel shelf ala Peugeot 107 and Citroen C1)

That would be my ideal Aygo T-Sport

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links