Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sluggish?!

starletsr

<_< Does this ever happen to anyones starlet or whatever vehicle u have, sometimes that the car feels totally sluggish and doesn't wanna move when u put ur foot down on the pedal?! And sometimes the car feels quite nippy as in it gives you some reaction..... does it happen to you?? Why does it happen? Anyone know?

:help:

ive got a seo and that does the same, some days it reacts brill and others it feels like it takes forever to get there.

Could be how warm the engine is as that makes a difference, could also be how often the car is used as im at uni i dont get to use it for more than a few days a week or maybe even two!!! :(

Otherwise i dont know any scientific reason, anyone else have any other suggestions??

• 6 months later...

All SR owners, does this ever happen to you guys? I hate it when it happens..... wow bringing up this old post, but only one person replied....sad.

i aint had me starlet long but YES it has actually happened to me one day it felt fast as ******** the next felt sluggish, me got a KnN lined up for mine also thinking of a boost valve? has anyone actually tried this product on a starlet and wat kinda effects has it had?

Try getting your plug leads checked. Water gets in and shags them specially if you have just washed your ride or driven in the rain.

:) :) :)

mines does this too shelly,somtimes it feels really qwick others it takes a while to pick up,i mite try a new set of leads

every time i start my car i wait atleast five minutes before i go anywhere over 3000rpm...to let the engine warm up

then i rag the !Removed! of it!

my injectors could do with a clean tho as there is flat spots all over the revrange.

10k boost should sort that out. or some redex.

my 95 celica seemed to drive crap tonight ( damp and horrible ), so ur not alone on this topic.

Ive been driving my 98 starlet since jan this year, ive not noticed any big differences from one day to the next. Maybe youve got a flaky connection to one of the engine sensors to the ECU? Im no expert (youve probably worked that one out for yourself already) but maybe the ECU is sometimes getting duff sensor readings and its upsetting the mixture???

cheers

U must feel some response sometimes martin.... sometimes u put ur foot down it doesnt seem to go... but today my starlet shot like anything :D, but hate my tyres in the rain.

Best check you plugs and leads .. rotor arms and dizzy caps are also notorious for causing this fluffyness.

and the wet weather plays tricks with the eletrics ..

And mine always feels slugginsh .. 250bhp just aint enough anymore ..

Yeah i will have a big service done when winter comes, but for now, i dont know how to check those things u guys said.... cos iam a useless girl lol... bibbs..... ur car flys like anything mate....

Yeah i will have a big service done when winter comes, but for now, i dont know how to check those things u guys said.... cos iam a useless girl lol... bibbs..... ur car flys like anything mate....

Pop over on a weekend and I'll have a look for you ..

Lol, that an invite over? lol. Just because u want me to go MR2004! hehehe. Seeing that it's my birthday weekend, my olds might have some plans. Have to see iam afraid bibbs. :!Removed!:

Best check you plugs and leads .. rotor arms and dizzy caps are also notorious for causing this fluffyness.

and the wet weather plays tricks with the eletrics ..

try revving up half way release the throttle momentarilly and then boot it

if theres a sudden surge of power doing this and it just begins to fly then your plugs may just be a bit cacked up and everything requires a good flush

common thing in injection cars as the ECU has lost the plot due to all sorts of things being a bit grubby! ;)

generally just needs a good 'internal' clean methinks :thumbsup:

Every car I've ever owned has it's good days and bad days. I think it's the same for all cars personally.

So basically my car just needs a good clean internally... does service at toyota do that? Aint sure... :help:

nope

a can of 10k boost, some redex fuel flush and quick clean on the old HT leads and plugs should sort ya

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links