Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Servicing Air Con E12

macdonb2

Hey i've 02 T spirit and have noticed the air con is quite weak lately just wondering does anyone know how to go about servicing it? Also is it not possible to demist the windscreen without bringing on the air con?

Cheers Brian.

Hey i've 02 T spirit and have noticed the air con is quite weak lately just wondering does anyone know how to go about servicing it? Also is it not possible to demist the windscreen without bringing on the air con?

Cheers Brian.

I'm pretty sure that u just need more R134a cold liquid for your air con.

There is a gasket that leaks if you don't use your a/c often.

I do this kind of work for living, so i'm pretty sure what i'm talking about. :)

yeah i wouldn't use it too often. where do i get this liquid and where do i put it? thanks for reply!! :thumbsup:

It could be just that u need ur pollen filter replaced, i had the same problem and wen i took out my pollen filter it was soo dirty i couldnt see n e light coming through the filter

You can buy cans of the gas at Halfords and do it your self or most kwit fit type place will recharge it for you

I think you'll need proper tools to add that liquid for your air con.

This is the most common reason for the air con not working properly, at least here in Finland. :)

If he's just topping it up he wont,he'll get away with a top up can from Halfords. All he has to do is run the engine,unscrew the gray cap,the can has an attachment on the end that either clips or screws on and it got a little pressure meter on it to to show how much gas is in the system and how much you should put in.

If he was having it done properly he'd take the plastic grill out where the high pressure valve is,then he'd pay someone with the proper equipment to suck all the old gas out by attaching it to both the high and low pressure valve, then pressure test the system and if all good refill it

The gas contains the lubrication oil in it,this applys to the stuff you can get for Halfords also

• 2 weeks later...
The gas contains the lubrication oil in it,this applys to the stuff you can get for halfords also

This isn't entirely correct. The ac compressor has it's own lubrication oil on the TS and it needs to be replaced with the system de-pressurized. It uses about 60ml of oil in total and it can be replaced without taking the ac compressor out (which I found out AFTER I had take it out). I got the oil from my local Mr. T for free :)

Shoot me for throwing in a torch here but I would personally not refill myself. The pre-facelift (at least the mainland Europe ones) uses 490g of R134 gas +/- 30g. At least for the T-Sport. If you put too much gas in you risk blowing your ac compressor up. Yes...I know you can read the pressure off of the system and keep it below 15 bar (if I remember correctly), but you still do not know how much is in the system.

If he has a leak he needs to get that fixed anyways and the system needs to be de-pressurized for that. If there is no leak there is no topping up to do. The R134 doesn't go bad.

I just did most of this a couple of months back, but luckily I have good friend who is an aircon expert and did the filling for me. Lots of meters, hoses, valves, weights involved...hehe