Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cam Com

frainy

just a few question on the cam com im not to clued up with them so hear goes , were can i get one from and how much ? is it worth it can i get much gains out of haveing one ? can u change when lift kicks in with them or is it mainly used to alter the air and fuel mixture, thankyou frainy anyone know were to get one set up allso . :thumbsup:

It works like a piggy back ecu

It cannot adjust the lift point, It tunes VVT-I and alters the cam setting, It can also adjust air fuel. The prices for camcons has gone up as a friend found out today most websites price is around 230. However prices have pulled up to around 260, You will need to have it tuned on a dyno for best results.

As farhan said prices are varying..i know a compant near gatwick that will tune up cam con on the dyno for around £100. Will be getting it done very soon so if your interested let me knw and we might be able to get a discount on the camcon as well as the tuning...this goes for anyone else who reads this post and wants to go for it.

As farhan said prices are varying..i know a compant near gatwick that will tune up cam con on the dyno for around £100. Will be getting it done very soon so if your interested let me knw and we might be able to get a discount on the camcon as well as the tuning...this goes for anyone else who reads this post and wants to go for it.

What sort of gains we talking

The torque increase is noticable lift will be much more smoother. So the intial flat spot at 4-6 will be removed alot. Making the lift feel as it kicks in smoother. You will need to get it mapped. It can get upto around 10bhp at the top end with a reasonable tune. It can then be altered better with some stronger mods.

The 2zz-ge modifications are put in average. Ill make it easier!

On our engine either charging it or going NA its about £100 per Single BHP!

EG....TYPHOON £190 Gives around 2bhp

TTE CHARGER £2000 (Without Install Labour)- 25BHP Roughly!

SP Upgrade Looking at £3000 so a fair 50bhp is not bad but you get the idea!!!!

EG....TYPHOON £190 Gives around 2bhp

2bhp? :eek:

I know some members who will disagree with that!! :lol:

Many will disagree but come on lets be honest....if there was a real 10 bhp increase you would notice it, Driveability would change a fair bit but tbh honest there isnt, Look at shaun and williams cars...both been dynoed with inductions on and from the before to after the inductions have done barely anything on stock set up.

I dont see no gain in them its sound maybe the car breaths bettery lower down torque but if you want more power then i reckon theres not much power to be had. We can talk silly numbers and say induction 10bhp....manifold 20....but it doesnt work as such its hard to get power out unless you put money and time in.

I think 'l be leaving the engine tbh, lots of money for little gain.

190hp is good enough for me, for now

Many will disagree but come on lets be honest....if there was a real 10 bhp increase you would notice it, Driveability would change a fair bit but tbh honest there isnt, Look at shaun and williams cars...both been dynoed with inductions on and from the before to after the inductions have done barely anything on stock set up.

I dont see no gain in them its sound maybe the car breaths bettery lower down torque but if you want more power then i reckon theres not much power to be had. We can talk silly numbers and say induction 10bhp....manifold 20....but it doesnt work as such its hard to get power out unless you put money and time in.

Couldnt agree more on that! 2bhp if you're lucky, but lets face it, its all about the noise!

Playing with the vvti is good fun. I've remapped mine myself so many times its almost like an obsession. Good gains can be had when you're supercharged. Not got actual figures as I'm only datalogging on the road reading the MAF voltage (ie more volts at any given point on the map means your making more power) but by reducing the overlap on the vvti settings you are blowing less boost out the exhaust. Works well on the 2nd cam. Seems MUCH stronger! Also helps relieve some pressure if you're mapping and getting knock on certain parts of the map. Rather than richen that cell or pull timing excessively compared to the neighbouring values, a few degrees off vvti keeps it in check.

So i guess you 2 will be bringing a False Advertising case against K&N's claims for the Typhoon then??

I didnt buy one so no :D

Bet it said ... 'Up to 10bhp' meaning if you had a dead sparrow sitting in your old air filter then you'll really notice difference!

I'm sure Lotus would have put one on for the elise so they could say 200hp if it was that easy to squeeze 5% more power out of an already highly tuned performance engine.

:lol:

K&N claim a 7.5bhp increase

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links