Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Problems!?

Omasis`

Exhaust

Seems to be blowing from the downpipe. I have changed the gasket and it still seems to be doing it.

Gearbox

When cold 3rd gear just grins and i have to avoid it. (fine once warmed up)

2nd gear seems to be the worst when driving hard it seems to grind into second quite badly and also dropping down is even worse i have to slow my car down to about 20mph to get it in. surly it cant be the sycros as the gearbox was only rebult in february? the gearboxes cant be that bad can they?

If anyone can shed some light onto these issues i would be greatful

Regards

Alan :thumbsup:

The exhaust blow - put silicon sealant on each side of the gasket and then tighten the joint up again.

I would also take the car back to whoever rebuilt the gearbox as the poor synchro operation/baulking is not right in such a short time.

It might be worth changing the gearbox oil to Redline shockproof or similar to improve the cold shifting problems.

Mick

The exhaust blow - put silicon sealant on each side of the gasket and then tighten the joint up again.

I would also take the car back to whoever rebuilt the gearbox as the poor synchro operation/baulking is not right in such a short time.

It might be worth changing the gearbox oil to Redline shockproof or similar to improve the cold shifting problems.

Mick

It Was done under warranty which has now ran out but i was advised that there was a 12 month warranty on all parts does this mean the work should get done for free if the parts have fair ie i wont have to pay labour?

do you have tsport decals on your side skirts?

i seen you a few weeks back dropping someone off at the MOT centre by the racecourse. it was a wet day and you set off bouncing off the rev limiter around 15times in 1st gear then around 10 times in 2nd gear. me and the manager thought what a knob - your car sounds well ragged too :no:

do you have tsport decals on your side skirts?

i seen you a few weeks back dropping someone off at the MOT centre by the racecourse. it was a wet day and you set off bouncing off the rev limiter around 15times in 1st gear then around 10 times in 2nd gear. me and the manager thought what a knob - your car sounds well ragged too :no:

:ph34r: Guilty. the person i dropped off was my boss :lol: I was demonstrating to a mate how traction control doesnt work, i very rarly boot it to be honist cant really afford to and it was more like 5 times in 1st and 3 times in second.

What corolla you got?

thats abuse right there! and people complain these cars done hold out and have problems!

Im not complaining im just after advice on how i can sort my issues mate but i can see your point. bare in mind my car gets the most expensive oil which is checked daily and changed every 8000 miles and i dont go above 3500k until the temp gauges is on half, i wouldnt say i give my car abuse and im sure some of you have hit the rev limiter before. The cars are designed to be driven hard otherwise they wouldnt of brought the lift in a 6200 to the limiter and im sure iv read somewhere that these engine had rigorous test where by they had it boucing off the limiter for 30 odd hours and it was fine (dont quote me on that one)

I know what you mean dude, just take it easy, i reckon it could even be clutch related so my guess first would be change transmission oil and then see if theres a change. Try get it done under warranty. But when i had clutch problems i thought it was my gearbox but it was my clutch, Same symptoms crunching into gear etc

I know what you mean dude, just take it easy, i reckon it could even be clutch related so my guess first would be change transmission oil and then see if theres a change. Try get it done under warranty. But when i had clutch problems i thought it was my gearbox but it was my clutch, Same symptoms crunching into gear etc

Cant be the clutch mate when the gearbox was off getting rebult i had them fit a fidanza lightened flywheel and a trd uprated clutch plate and cover in feb cost me £800 lol and that was in feb-mar time.

and it doesnt crunch into every gear its only second going in at high revs and coming down into 2 at any revs above 2500. and 3rd gear only crunches when its cold once warmed up its fine

Hmm id worry about that, must be gearbox then dude...I would push them to change the whole gear box and go firing in with complaints. The rebuild is fair enough but its never the same and your stuck if it happens years later again.

Hmm id worry about that, must be gearbox then dude...I would push them to change the whole gear box and go firing in with complaints. The rebuild is fair enough but its never the same and your stuck if it happens years later again.

The warranty was with the AA and as mentioned above has now ran out so would it be toyotas fault for the parts failing so quick?

Possibly yea, go through the AA and open a claim with the for the workmanship. Its an expensive job dude and i wouldnt trust anyone aparts from toyota to fix something like that.