Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Whats The Best Compression Ratio For A Supercharged And Turbo 1.5 Yari

amirrzz

guys, jz asking.... whats the best compression ratio for a supercharged and turbocharged yaris? can anyone give me the reason?

Yaris 1.5 TSI

Recipe for disaster surely?

hahha maybe.... i dont know..

whats the pros n cons?

Depends on what mods you have to support a high CR.

My last car had a fully forged engine, and ran 9.2 psi, on an 11.7 compression ratio.

And since I've seen 18psi on similar CR's. It's all in the tune.

Standard 1.5 is what? 105bhp

A turbo will probably see 120bhp easily.

Super charger on top likely 125~130bhp

At a guess of course. But I highly doubt a standard engine would take the strain. Toyota or not, you're gunna need to uprate the engine components before you even attempt it.

Id love a Yaris 1.5 TSI with 130bhp+.

It's a poor comparison, but a Fiat Grande Punto 1.4 16V Turbo (sporting) is 120bhp. Some have seen 190bhp out their 1.4s. With the right displacement and the correct tuning, 200bhp wouldn't seem out the question for a Yaris.

The question is, how far will it go before something goes horribly wrong?!

Next issue - handling. After 150bhp on FWD you're guarnteed to get torque steer. 200bhp and you will have a right game keeping it just in a straight line

The Yaris is also top heavy and that amount of torque entering corners in a high car can only spell wheels off the ground and the increased chance of rolling it.

It'd be fun to do and you'de have a truly original hot hatch. But at what cost?

After 150bhp on FWD you're guarnteed to get torque steer. 200bhp and you will have a right game keeping it just in a straight line

My old compressor had terrible torque steer :shutit: although it was great fun once you were used to it :yahoo:

TTE told me it was safe on its internals to 150bhp but anything over that they wouldn't guarantee it would last :unsure:

TTE told me it was safe on its internals to 150bhp but anything over that they wouldn't guarantee it would last :unsure:
Very good to know. How much does a turbo cost these days?

I believe supercharged yaris's push out about 140bhp and are fairly easy to set up and reliable enough, there are only a couple of turbo'd ones and to be honest it seems that you have to spend alot of them to get them to run right. Matty and kimi had supercharged ones and they were about Civic Type R/182 standard!

Toyota did a turbo'd yaris but not in the UK, so i imagine it would be a hard job finding one!

As for Bi charged i wouldnt bother!

Guess you could buy an old 300sx for the prise of a terbo and fitting these days.

Why not just sell the car you have now, and buy an imported Jap turbo Yaris? :thumbsup:

I dont believe you can get an MOT on them, thats why they didnt sell them over here. Something about emissions i believe!

thanks for the comment guys... btw i jz found out that there is no stroker kit for my yaris but there is eagle piston+ring+conrod+gasket which can lower the compression to 8:5:1. one of my friend at the local hks dealer told me that to turbo NA cars, there will be a need to lower the compression ratio in order to reduce the probability of my yaris's engine bleeding to death :P with greddy turbokit, emanage, c-one clutch kit n flywheel, ae101 front brakes... it can easily reach 180whp or more without much pain...