Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A Bit About Ourselves

no_data

I have noticed we have some very interesting people on the iQ forum from all corners of the earth so thought we could all introduce ourselves.

I am Jaine, 42 from Essex UK. Live with 2 cars, 2 dogs & 2 cats. (obviously like the number 2). Work for the police & hobbies are cars, music & studying serial killers. Got into cars at age 22 when I got a job at Ripspeed in London & started off with an 850 Mini. Since then owned 6 more Minis along with 2 Clio Williams, Clio 172, Austin A30, MGB gt, 2 MK1 Fiestas, Porsche 924, VW Beetle, Seat Arosa sport, MK6 Fiesta, 7 motorbikes & load of others I probably forgot. Love doing track days.

Next?

I am Jess, 19 from Littleborough, Manchester! I have 3 cats, live with my parents still and there are currently 3 cars at mine (Volvo, Volvo... TOYOTA :) ) I currently work in a solicitors as a data researcher but currently going through the cogs of joining the police also. Hobbies are music, crime and shopping!

Cool, thank you Jess.

Thought there might be more responses after 37 views! :P

I know I thought the same!

You say you're in the police?? What's it like, just going through the process of an application!

David, 32, live on Wirral with wife and our daughter. IQ is the wifes main car as i have a Nissan Navara pick up.

1 dog (blond german shepherd) 2 cats, 5 koi carp & sturgeon.

I am a building surveyor.

used to have fast cars until started a refurb of our house and so the fast lifestyle went in exchange for practicality!

not sure

crime and shopping
is a good hobby if your joining the police :unsure::rolleyes:

I have noticed we have some very interesting people on the iQ forum from all corners of the earth so thought we could all introduce ourselves.

I am Jaine, 42 from Essex UK. Live with 2 cars, 2 dogs & 2 cats. (obviously like the number 2). Work for the police & hobbies are cars, music & studying serial killers. Got into cars at age 22 when I got a job at Ripspeed in London & started off with an 850 Mini. Since then owned 6 more Minis along with 2 Clio Williams, Clio 172, Austin A30, MGB gt, 2 MK1 Fiestas, Porsche 924, VW Beetle, Seat Arosa sport, MK6 Fiesta, 7 motorbikes & load of others I probably forgot. Love doing track days.

Next?

I am John from Fife, 62 and a retired graduate Mechanical Engineer.Worked for Rolls-Royce aero engine division for a while but then moved to training.

At present I have an MG Midget and our IQ, but have usually built my own cars from kits and bits and pieces of scrap cars starting with a Mini Marcos I made while at university in the 60s.

Ran various british (Ariel,BSA) motorcycles when at school, them were the days!

I made a Jago Geep in the early 80s which I only sold when I retired about 25 years later..fantastic vehicle!

Live with my wife (and best pal) for the last 39years, but no kids or pets so the Midget and iQ suit us well!

I'm Alex, French living near Paris, 29. Used to be a real estate agent for 1.5 years and now looking for a job thanks to subprime and mortgage crisis...

Had before a peugeot 106, toyota Yaris TS and ordered a IQ3 coming for september (i hope...)

I'm (real name withheld due to paranoia)

I'm 33, live in Basingstoke (a beautiful, rural town in Hampshire)

I'm customer service manager for a amenities company (so if anyone wants any Crabtree & Evelyn or Bulgari, I'm the man to bribe)

Always loved small cars...previously owned a Lupo Gti (which I miss dearly) and prior to the IQ I owned a humble Aygo.

Not much else to say, other than the usual padding about getting married to the love of my life in September this year, and having a cat that pukes on every available square inch of carpet in my house.

Cool.

Brassik, I owned a Seat Arosa sport (nearly the same as your Lupo) & had the roof spoiler, with the two parts, I was talking to a bodyshop about fitting it to the iQ, what do you reckon? there is on the fleabay at moment. Do you think it suit iQ?

I'm 37, and live in Sussex (near Uckfield). :rolleyes:

Previous cars; Yaris T-spirit 5dr Auto (2004), Clio 1.4 Alize 5dr Auto (2001).

Oh, and I have a dog, but not a St.Bernard. :rolleyes:

My names pretty obvious! Im 22 from East Sussex. I work for the Post Office full time as a counter clerk and im also the main Bureau de Change clerk too. Gonna be looking at doing a course at college in the evenings though as i fancy a career change! Its an awful habit but i love to spend money, also am an avid reader. My favourite author has probably got to be Richard Laymon but i like an interesting autobiography too. Random fact about me is that i like to collect unusual mugs and cups!!

Been into cars since turning 17 really, my dad has always been into the (classic) car scene, and has always supported me and helped me out many a time with my cars, my car history has been a bit all over the place

Vauxhall Nova 1.2 to learn in

Ford Fiesta 1.1 when i passed

Peugeot 106 1.0 3 months later

Toyota Celica GTFour 2.0 Turbo just before my 19th birthday.... this then produced my love for Toyotas, best car i ever owned by far! Wish I hadnt sold it

Rover Metro 1.0 which i bought off my nan as a stop gap when she bought her new car

Smart Fortwo 0.7 turbo which i loved because of its size and cuteness but it was so BORING!!

Honda Civic 1.5 vtec when i got bored of the Smart after 3 months, this car was a little cracker, bought a smile to my face for the first time since selling the Celica

Then my little IQ :)

Im part of many car clubs and have a passion for modifying and different marques. Would love to do a track day but never had the right opportunity or enough confidence, although the Toyota Sprint Series is something i might look into. I go to quite a few car shows so if you see me/my car, feel free to say hey! :)

Hi i have 2 corollas, an IQ i can never drive, the wife is always in it, a Honda Fireblade bike and a Transit van with a race tuned 3.5 litre engine, and live in rainy North Wales,

Sally,

I too have confidence issues with stuff like that but I won mine by my Clio being best in show at Snetterton once so had no choice! Was petrified but once settled in & the instructor came out with me for a couple of laps it was awesome & I then won joint 1st for the day too. Some of the Jonathon Palmer circuits are good as a bit cheaper. Go for it but expect to replace your front tyres at end of day!

My favourite author has probably got to be Richard Laymon but i like an interesting autobiography too.

Nice! I LOVE Richard Laymon too.....I was totally distraught when I found out he passed away a few years back.....his books are fantastic!

Im 43 and live in the Fareham Portsmouth area of Hampshire.. Iv'e been in the motor trade for 20 years selling everything from Toyota, MBenz, BMW and now Lexus.. I have too have a cat and also a wife and three kids.. Apart from the family car the IQ is the first car I've ever bought as I've been a company car user ever since! So far Iv'e lowered the vehicle by 35mm which has done great things to way she corners etc!

Steve

I'm Kingo, 50 (Yer I know I don't look it)

Live in Ellesmere Port with other half two dogs and two rabbits

Currently off the beer and pies and training to be a racing snake rather than the pot bellied pig I currently am :D: See the JUST GIVING link where you can sponsor me to run 10 miles in the HELL RUN

Been in the Toyota dealer network for more years than I can remember (30 odd) as Parts person/leader/manager

Have always loved all sorts of sports, have been a Football Referee for 20 odd years and I am now also a County FA Football assessor, training and mentoring Referees to move up the ladder

Currently my job role has changed a bit, I now look after all the company websites and e commerce, including our motorsport division called SILVERSTONE AUTOSPORT

Kingo :thumbsup:

Im 20 From nuneaton, Live with my mum and work in a warehouse =[. Passed my test when I was 17 and since driven a rover 25 W reg, Honda civic 06 reg, Mazda3 55red and now my IQ2.

I am Peter and live in Hoek van Holland.

For the people who sometimes travel to Holland by boat (from Harwich) they will pass my home.

The chance you will see a white IQ in Hoek van Holland isn't small.

My car before the IQ was a Volkswagen Caddy comfortline.

It was built to carry 5 people a dog and a lot of stuf.

But in the 5 years I drove the car it happened 5 or 6 times.

Fuel consumption was high.

I wanted a small economic car with pleasure to drive.

When I saw the IQ or the first time I liked it a lot. And I bought it.

And it is fun.

post-81104-1248284311_thumb.jpg

Thanks people. :thumbsup: Anymore?

Chris, 26 from essex. Workshop supervisor for a Karting track in essex. Been there 2 years now. When i started i was trainee mechanic! Definately the correct career path for me. Spend my entire week with either karts at work, cars at home or radio control cars in the remaing time or typing these words on car forums :!Removed!:

As well as my iq3, i have an austin mini which is fully race ready in the engine department. Built it myself in the other bit of spare time i had :wacko:

Love the challenge of anything vechicle related, its my life incase you hadnt noticed.

Nothing else i would care to reveal... ha ha ha!