Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

A Bit About Ourselves

no_data

Im Manuel from Porto - PORTUGAL 59 ,as well as my IQ 2 white i ve an Avensis 2.2 D 4CAT 177cv . For the moment, 3000km i like my little car and in town is really fantastic to parking.

Well here goes...

Jim, 40's, worked for the NHS for about 10 years. Building supplies industry before that. Live in Cornwall with my partner of 16 years, one small dog, a manics cat and 3 goldfish.

interested? Cars, reading, movies, camping oh and did I mention cars?

I practice Reiki Therapy, I am a Reiki Master/Teacher and my partner is currently a level 2 Reiki practitioner, we have a small therapy room in the house and do mobile calls to (although now I wont get my folding therapy bed in the iQ).

Other than that we live a fairly quiet sheltered life down here in Cornwall so if your passing then say Hi!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

This is Rob aged 50, originally from Gloucester and now living at Rattray Head in North East Scotland for the last 7 years with my darling Val, Dango the Newfoundland, and Rufus the Golden Retriever. I was a computer programmer between London and Bristol for 25 years (yawn), and escaped the rat race to embark on my second career starting up a tourist hostel in former lighthouse keepers cottages.

Started on two wheels at 17 and progressed to a VW Polo as my first car in 1980, then onto Saab, Volvo, Jaguar, Subaru, Suzuki - no brand loyalty at all. Pretty much always regarded cars as just a means to get from A to B, except the Jag of course, which was so much more.

Recently needed to replace my broken Suzuki and looked around at various economical town cars. Found it rather depressing as they are all much the same inside and out, so decided to check out the Aberdeen dealers on 6th July. Happened to visit Toyota first, and saw my very first iQ in the showroom, a shiny black one. Looking at the front I thought "what's that?, it's like a mini Mad Max, even rather menacing". So going against my 'don't rush into anything' principle, I bought that specific car on the spot.

I love him to bits, and he has rekindled the motoring excitement I had experienced with the Jag. What a big little car he is. I am making small cosmetic changes to personalise him with a little chrome and vinyl, and I will post photos soon. His name is MaveriQ.

Rob

post-80569-1249423668_thumb.jpg

Paul, 52 from Basingstoke. I've had my IQ2 for a week (almost) having chopped in my Lexus is200. There is some small difference in the power but once you wind it up the IQ is fine.

Used to work in hospital path labs but now work on a technical help line supporting lab equipment.

I have a varied motoring history from motorbikes - the last of those was a Honda VF500F2E that I fell off to a whole mess of cars - Hillman Imp anyone ? NSU Ro80 with a rotary engine. GTM kit car that I rolled on the M4 and walked away from. Not a bad driver really it's just that things happen if you drive long enough.

I love reading scifi, watching videos and listening to stereo.

This is a friendly group and it's great to get in with such an informative crowd.

Cheers. :-)

Hello in here! I am Devil-ish cos of my car reg....L 666 APA....hehe

OK I am Anne, wife of Giddlepin (erk) and I get my IQ on 4th Sept! Cant wait :D

Currently have 2 long haired miniature dachshunds, several goldfish in pond, one brother (boy is he hard work) and one husband (no comment!)

Hobbies? Reading, Gardening, TOC, going on holidays................and of course the cars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope to be posting more in here in the future!!! B)

Hello all fellow iq owners. I'm Sean from Swindon, picked up my black iq 2 weeks ago. I'm married with a 5 year old son, who loves the car more than me, especially when I let him climb in through the boot. I traded up from a 10 year old avensis 1.8.

Hi all,

I am 40 and a half - lol

Has so many cars cannot list them all - most recent Subaru Impreza traded in for Smartfortwo when petrol prices went mad last year. Saw the IQ early this year and just had to have one.

6 children, 1 grand child. 2 children have left home - I know - but I only drive the iQ to work on my own!

Other car is a VW touran with 7 seats so we can all get out together.

Work in sales IT and telecoms. Live nr sunny Bournemouth, moved here from London just over 12 years ago. Love it ( don't tell everyone or will get too crowded down here) !

Well here goes...

Jim, 40's, worked for the NHS for about 10 years. Building supplies industry before that. Live in Cornwall with my partner of 16 years, one small dog, a manics cat and 3 goldfish.

interested? Cars, reading, movies, camping oh and did I mention cars?

I practice Reiki Therapy, I am a Reiki Master/Teacher and my partner is currently a level 2 Reiki practitioner, we have a small therapy room in the house and do mobile calls to (although now I wont get my folding therapy bed in the iQ).

Other than that we live a fairly quiet sheltered life down here in Cornwall so if your passing then say Hi!

UPDATE: I can actually get my therapy bed in the iQ. take it out of the case and it fits like a glove. Well chuffed with this little car!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys ..... I'm Paul 30 yrs young, retail manager originally from Nottm but moved to Hull to live with my other half last year ...... finally decided to get off my ***** and learn to drive in May (still can't quite work out why it took me 13 yrs to start :huh: ) Anyway passed my test 4th Aug (1st time -2 minors :D ) and ordered my iQ2 in black on the 8th lol .... pick it up on 10th of Sept and cannot wait ... any other iQ owners out there see me around Hull or Nottm then gimme a wave and i'll do my best not to give you a shunt in return :P

Hi Guys ..... I'm Paul 30 yrs young, retail manager originally from Nottm but moved to Hull to live with my other half last year ...... finally decided to get off my ***** and learn to drive in May (still can't quite work out why it took me 13 yrs to start :huh: ) Anyway passed my test 4th Aug (1st time -2 minors :D ) and ordered my iQ2 in black on the 8th lol .... pick it up on 10th of Sept and cannot wait ... any other iQ owners out there see me around Hull or Nottm then gimme a wave and i'll do my best not to give you a shunt in return :P

OOooo another IQ from Hull!!!!!!!!! I am just outside there in Sproatley.....you will have to come on down and we can compare!! erm..when we get them!!! B)

Keep the replies coming, tis interesting to see the various types of people owning these little cars

I'm next. I Ordered an IQ2 white metallic, with no extras for mid-september. I am trading in my Yaris for this as no longer need such a [relatively, compared to IQ, large car]

My main vehicle is however a Piaggio X8 scooter. I do wonder how I will cope with the lack of storeage space, the Yaris being well endowed in that area.

I wonder if anyone produced any tailored IQ storeage boxes etc other than the Toyota accessory glovebag ? a must for me is to work out the best way to carry a folded bicycle onboard inside and upright. Any ideas ?

Do we have an opinion on the pronunciation of the model, I asked the sales rep for an ick two, but he seemed puzzled and said oh you mean an eye queue squared :rolleyes:

Anyway looking forward to its arrival next month.

Deffo an i Q not ick! My mate wrote that on my back window other day & I did not notice till I got home!

Hello everyone! OK then...

-Katy

-Normal IQ, black, called Xenji: LS09 XEK, tell me if you spot me!

-Previous cars were black 1997 Nissan Micra called Dante; white 1993 Fiat Uno Start called Moriarty.

-Primary school teacher (Year 6 + SENCO) in Harlow

-Live in Hertford with big hairy Scotsman

-Have also lived in Scotland and Hong Kong (oooh!)

-Love rock music and cheesy musicals!

-Wish more things in this world were purple.

Can't think of anything else!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Everybody!

I´m FinniQ, obviously from Finland, aged 48. Got a new iQ seven weeks ago (after 10 long weeks of waiting), now 3000 km on the clock.

Like to share experiences with iQ with You, because I haven´t seen any iQs around here (except one showroom iQ which is always in local dealers showroom).

It seems that Finns usually like to have as big car as they can get at the same price,so...

I´ve been lived steadily here in south Finland DINK with my wife for last 25 years as electrician repairing survey instruments.

My hobbies including music (used to play drums in bands), home theater (in Big scale), and motorbiking (with, urp, my BMW1200LT -99).

Used to drive few decades motorbike in summers (winters by public transport), then three years by leased Fiat Panda, and now by my "own" iQ.

Average fuel consumption been between 4,6 - 5,2 / 100km (mpg?)

My basic 1,0 Deep Amethyst iQ is equipped with JBL Audio (of course!) with subwoofer (not JBL), chrome package, "door window spoilers", darkened alloys for tires (for summer and winter tires),

reversing aid for dark winters, color coded side protection on doors, rust protection, AC heating system for motor & indoors (before drive!!) and all four mud flaps. Heated front seats are standard in Finland...

I´m curious to see how my "Pätkä" (shortie) can handle finnish winter. Is it warm enough, and how economy can handle cold climate.

Please inform me if You like to share that kind of views.

Once again greetings from Finland,

Just joined to forces

arto

hi my name is Joe and im a software developer for a small scottish firm

im usualy found underneath the bonnets of other cars just gona purchase an IQ Diesel, the gf has one and everything about them they are the future!

Hello everyone.

My name is João and i'm from Portugal. I own a 1.0vvti iQ2 Black.

Until now everything's fine. But he's only 10 days :thumbsup:

My previous car was a Megane II, but I wanted something smaller to go around in the city.

Why don't we organize an European iQ encounter?

Greetings from Portugal.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I'm Dan, 25, live in Essex with wife and 5 month old son. We have a mondeo as the main 'family' car, but the iQ gets me to and from work.

Got 2 cats (mandu & tinkerbell - which one do you think is the wifes!!!).

I work for a basement company as an architectural design manager.

I never thought i'd own a toyota, always been ford, had my deposit down for the RS until the little one came along, so priorities changed, but to be honest, i really like the iQ, and would swing more towards toyotas in the future

Well that's me......

Hi,

I'm Faye, my husband and I have just placed an order for an IQ2 in amethyst. We have a MKIV Supra each, so needed something more economical for commuting, the IQ was an absolute bonus when we realised how fun it was as well as being so cheap to run!

Get the little fella in December, the days are dragging till then!!

I turned 40 last December. 6 children - some are gown up so no I don't try and fit all into iQ - lol

I use mainly for travel too and from work. Main car is my husbands VW Touran which we can get the 3 younger children who still go out with their parents and out 1 year grandson in when we are out and about at weekends.

Have white iQ2 bought in March. Not my first brand new car.

Bought new a Renault 19 in 1990 (H reg) , a renault 21 savanna (7 seats) in 1992 (K reg) and a Toyota Carina E in 1993 (L reg).

Since then have had everything from a Scooby to an older MR2 to a Smart car ( which I traded in for the iQ).

Love the iQ - cannot fault it. Had a few niggles at first like notchy gear change but left it along and now have nearly 4k miles on the clock and it has settled nicely, no more gear problems.

• 3 weeks later...

Trish and I will be iQ people at 9.00am tomorrow, a base model iQ with the sport kit (we couldn't resist), in black.

We are very involved in motorsport, hillclimbing an old 911 and recently a Porsche 911 engined Lola sports racer.

The iQ is the home car for all things domestic, Co car for towing the racer etc, but I hope the iQ will be unusual, fun and utterly reliable as our 10 year Yaris is (that is going to srappage tomorrow...)

I may be the oldest on here so a bit old school, but the iQ seems to 'fit' and my 24 year old daughter is in love with the iQ as much.

Good cars can span such an age range.

Nice to see there is a site for the cars, and looking through the posts so far you all seem a friendly lot!

I like the look of the Gazoo Racing cars mind..

Hi!

I am a soon to be IQ-owner and right now I am just waiting for the car to arrive!

I live in Sweden with my wife and our four jack Russells, one being a Parson. I have a degree in law from Cambridge and from a university in Sweden.

This is our very first Toyota, the closest thing would be our previous Lexus cars.

Our current cars are a Jaguar X-Type Estate -09 and a Jaguar XKR.

Since both of us are working from home, wife has her dental clinic in our house, our cars often only goes from our home to the nearest grocery store. The IQ will be our shopping car and casual driver.

No offense to you guys, but I didn't expect to be this enthusiastic about a Toyota!

We bought a pearl white IQ3 with leather, no other extras since it would push the delivery date to spring 2010! I just hate waiting for things in general and especially waiting for a new car to arrive, anyways my dealer has told me it will be delivered late November (this year I hope!).

I will enjoy the forum during my wait!

Cheers!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links