Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

No Lift In 1st Gear

L13DOP

My Gen 7 T sport when pulling off under hard acceleration(abit of wheel spin) does not go into the lift at all and hits the 7000rpm limit, iv noticed that the speedo doesnt register untill after few seconds however if i pull off slow and put me foot down it goes into the lift fine and its fine in all other gears.

anyone else have this issue?

Im sure thats by design, but dont quote me on that. Like a turbo charged car, you cant hit full boost in first gear (im sure some turbo'd cars can but every one i've owned has been a toyota and they are far too sensible to let you have fill boost in first). The ECU limits power on most cars in first to stop you from killing it.

The only time that should happen is if your engine isn't fully warmed up.

Once warm Lift is definately available in 1st :thumbsup:

Gaz, Not true.

I've bounced off the limiter in 1st when my engine has been running for hours in the past. If the car can't get enough traction without using Lift it somehow knows and will limit at 7K RPM. I have a video as proof, actually. :P

Wheels span like mad in the wet and wouldn't go in to lift in first. 2nd + was fine though.

Though... with plenty of Traction lift is fine. :thumbsup:

I'd like to see said video... as mine has never done that!! :P

I'm looking for it now. Youtube ftw...

Please wait a few seconds for Video to load!

Epic Lift fail is 1st Gear...

TRC was off and the floor was SOAKED! This was the first time it had happened to me and I worried myself.... but seems the ECU was just trying to protect the engine :P

Mods - Please be aware that I never managed to get in excess of the speed limit on this video, and as far as I'm aware there's no law on how quickly you can accelerate to the roads speed limit. :P

TRC was off and the floor was SOAKED! This was the first time it had happened to me and I worried myself.... but seems the ECU was just trying to protect the engine :P

Mods - Please be aware that I never managed to get in excess of the speed limit on this video, and as far as I'm aware there's no law on how quickly you can accelerate to the roads speed limit. :P

exactly the same its friggin annoying, my m8 Omasis' on here has a corolla t sport and we have tried it with that however that is fine never not gone into the lift no matter the harshness of the pull off!!!

exactly the same its friggin annoying, my m8 Omasis' on here has a corolla t sport and we have tried it with that however that is fine never not gone into the lift no matter the harshness of the pull off!!!

Yep we even drove each others cars (on a private road) it looks like to me that the speedo doesnt update quick enough therefore making the engine think your still sat there revving and mine has never done it

It's never wise to regularly give a car stick in first gear anyway.

Plus i'd say most of the time it's never really worth it in the Celica. :unsure:

Plus i'd say most of the time it's never really worth it in the Celica. :unsure:

Why not?? Its a race engine, designed for high rpms. Surely it built to take a bit of abuse now and again as long as it looked after.

Lift works PERFECTLY well in 1st gear. If your one does not you probably have a problem.

In 1st gear lift takes you to 42 mph.

In 2nd gear on to 64 mph.

I'd give you 3rd, 4th and 5th but I'd be breaking the law :lol:

Lift works PERFECTLY well in 1st gear. If your one does not you probably have a problem.

In 1st gear lift takes you to 42 mph.

In 2nd gear on to 64 mph.

I'd give you 3rd, 4th and 5th but I'd be breaking the law :lol:

u wouldnt it states it in the owners manual lmao. but yeh mine seems to lift in 1st however i did let it roll off the line without wheelspin then floored it.

Why not?? Its a race engine, designed for high rpms. Surely it built to take a bit of abuse now and again as long as it looked after.

I was just talking in terms of gearbox stresses that's all.

I was just talking in terms of gearbox stresses that's all.

I'd hope the gearbox would live through it even if it is done now and again!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links