Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo 5dr Back Windows

Birddy

Why Have toyota put pop out windows on 5dr Aygo's??. it looks !Removed! awful!!!

Any 1 Else agree??

:wacko:

Why Have toyota put pop out windows on 5dr Aygo's??. it looks !Removed! awful!!!

Any 1 Else agree??

:wacko:

Coz it's cheap.

Stops my daughter winding them down though and throwing stuff out. They are noisy though.

Regards

Andy

I think personally they are better than wind down rear windows. Its a safety aspect for kids from my persepctive, i remember as a kid i always used to wind the window down and stick my arm out.

I think personally they are better than wind down rear windows. Its a safety aspect for kids from my persepctive, i remember as a kid i always used to wind the window down and stick my arm out.

Yeah, but what about the poor dogs though, they can only stick their tongues out of the window now ! :crybaby:

Regards

Andy

Why Have toyota put pop out windows on 5dr Aygo's??.

To keep costs down... :thumbsup:

Please wait a few seconds for Video to load!

Had mine nearly four months and the wife only noticed last week.

It did seem a bit odd to start with, but I quite like them now.

Had mine nearly four months and the wife only noticed last week.

For 3 months I had a 2 inch exhaust silencer sticking out of the back of mine and it wasn't spotted either.

Regards

Andy

Pop-outs have another benefit besides being cheap: they don't need space INSIDE the doors!

With roll-downs and the same outside measurements of the car you'd loose about 4 to 6" of

inside space for the rear passengers! In front there's no problem, but the back tapers in.

The idea seems to have caught on too, as the new Nissan Pixo/Suzuki Alto also have flappy windows!

Personally I DO kind of like them: before I had my sunroof I drove with the popouts open

when it was hot: due to their design they actually create a kind of "drag" sucking the hot air

out of the car and making it easier for the A/C to fill it wilt chilled air.

Now that I have my sunroof I use that in the same way, except it's easier, since it's electric.

Tip if you want to drive with both popouts open: open them up from the bootlid!

That way you don;t have to walk around your car of crawl through it of the other side!

My Mate has a KA - with rear pop out windows - i think there good.

Weve got a galaxy which also has them.

I just wish they were electric pop out windows to make life REALLY easy...but ya know, its an aygo.

Matt =)

3 door Aygos FTW :toast:

I second that; plus I think they look alot better :)

Pop out windows suck; they look like they are stuck on wiht blue tack and a cable tie :D

I don't mind the pop out rear windows - at least they open! Imagine if they were fixed.

I understand that, when considering to buy the Aygo, there were economy trade-offs. This is one of them and I'd much rather this than something else or a higher purchase price. If I want luxury (and speed and handling and swiftness ...) I have my BMW ;) They Aygo is good and honest in what it does.

My first car, a D reg Fiat Uno had them. Not a new idea.

fiats tend to come with a lot of things...they dont necessarily work tho!!

:lol:

I like the pop outs - there good, provide more inside space as mentioned higher up the thread.

Plus - its an aygo - doesnt require vast amounts of open air flow

Matt :)

I just think the 3 door guys would say they were horrible ... because they are lacking in the door department they have to whinge. It's like Keira Knightley complaining about lovely curvy Jordan. Or that guy off the Mr Muscle adverts complaining about lovely curvy Peter Andre.

So there.

Regards

5 door Andy

PS I am madly in love with Keira even though she is only a 2 doorer ... here's an icon of me licking her belly button which has been filled with Marks & Spencers best Baby Cham.

:P

Mmmmmmmmm

I've got a 3 door and would love rear windows that opened.

I prefer the 5dr to the 3dr Aygo and definitely prefer the 5dr Aygo to the 5dr Yaris. The rear windows on the 3dr Aygo look too small and don't open. The 5dr Yaris looks like a 5dr hatch, but the 5dr Aygo could pass for a 3dr hatch(from a distance) especially with pop out windows rather than the windup ones.

It's pointless buying a 5-door. People still try to get in the back through the front doors anyway. My Dad did it a couple of months ago. It's not as if I've owned the car for 3 years or he's been in the back of it before or anything...

First time I went to take my mates to the movies in it, my friend got out to let someone else in.

'Where are you going?'

'To let Gareth in the back.'

'It's got four doors, ya pillock!'

(looks to the back of the car confirming it indeed does have rear ingress)

'Bugger me. !Removed!, y'see? They think of everything.'

Anyways, pop-out windows are the future. Does your house have roll down windows? Does it fairy cakes. Pop-outs are cool. Along with new trainers, keyboard music and LaserDiscs

Anyways, pop-out windows are the future. Does your house have roll down windows? Does it fairy cakes. Pop-outs are cool. Along with new trainers, keyboard music and LaserDiscs

I had a LaserDisc player many, many years ago... Ah, the memories...

Having a three door means that your wee sister cant decide to commit suicide in the middle of the motorway! and also less doors to smash against the wall. There is no point in a 5 door unless you are planning to haul everything or everyone around in it. Am quite happy with a three door althought the windows look like a port hole lol!

Having a three door means that your wee sister cant decide to commit suicide in the middle of the motorway!

This point is moot, as the rear doors have the child-safe lock on them.

Flick a little switch on the trailing edge of the door and the interior handle doesn't open

the door anymore. And since the rear doors have flappy windows instead of rolldowns,

they can't open up the window enough to pull the outside handle from the inside!!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links