Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Trim Fix

david j starkie

Only me, This problem is'nt very technical i know , i have a bit of trim inside my avensis near the hinges on the rear hatch which runs from one side to the

other on the roof, it keeps coming down there are small stubs that are meant to hold it up but they seem loose, there is also double sided black tape, im not sure if that

has been done by the previous owner, i have tried tape but it doesnt hold it up for more than a couple of days what else can i try ?

Its getting sad when i have to reply to my own posts ! anyone had and solved this problem, cant get anything to stay stuck it seems to vibrate its self loose

and then drops down :crybaby:

The clips are part of the trim when you push the trim up it doesnt seem to engage with anything like there should be a click but its loose i think ill take it to Mr T

as try and botch it, thanks for the reply mate

Had 2 avensis and my dads current avensis have all had this trim come loose. I got mine fixed at work, they ordered new clips job done, toyota fixed my dads never said how i guess they did the same has my work and replaced the clips.

Had 2 avensis and my dads current avensis have all had this trim come loose. I got mine fixed at work, they ordered new clips job done, toyota fixed my dads never said how i guess they did the same has my work and replaced the clips.

I work on the line that used to fit this part. When you take the part off you will see 5 clips(iirc) each one should have a detachable white clip on top of the trims plastic lug.

If the trim is loose it will be this part that is missing. It is possible that if the trim has beem removed this white clip stayed in the body, probably getting pushed inside the body when trying to refit the trim.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links