Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Got The New Prius Today Woohoo!

DaronB

Well the new Prius was due to arrive with the dealer on fri but low and behold it arrived today :D Needless to say my wife is delighted should be in the good books for a while ;) , got plenty of looks on the way home , hats of to you Toyota this is a fabulous car :D And here it is:

imgp0465r.jpg

imgp0466i.jpg

imgp0467.jpg

imgp0468r.jpg

Happy to answer any questions folks , cheers. :)

Congratulations.... it does look good :thumbsup:

You will feel like a member of an elite club whilst there are none or few in your area.... I have not seen a single new Avensis in my locality.... so enjoy it whilst you can :D

Looks good, I will be getting mine tomorrow afternoon.

Congratulations.... it does look good :thumbsup:

You will feel like a member of an elite club whilst there are none or few in your area.... I have not seen a single new Avensis in my locality.... so enjoy it whilst you can :D

Haven't seen any others on the roads here yet and both the main dealers got an allocation of 3 cars each so I don't expect to see many until next year .

Looks good, I will be getting mine tomorrow afternoon.

You won't be disappointed ! :D What spec did you go for ?

Congratulation to those lucky new Prius owners, and welcome to the dark side. B)

Don't forget to update your profiles?

All went well and the T Spirit in Tyrol Silver is now sitting in my garage.

First impressions, the HUD is great, it is much more stable and rolls less than the previous model, although my memories are 3 years old.

The "touch tracer" switches are useful but the sequence of changing screens, resetting trips etc will take a bit of learning, do it in your driveway and not on the road ;)

The brakes are a little weird, initially little effort is required but in the last few yards coming to a stop an extra push on the pedal is required.

All went well and the T Spirit in Tyrol Silver is now sitting in my garage.

First impressions, the HUD is great, it is much more stable and rolls less than the previous model, although my memories are 3 years old.

The "touch tracer" switches are useful but the sequence of changing screens, resetting trips etc will take a bit of learning, do it in your driveway and not on the road ;)

The brakes are a little weird, initially little effort is required but in the last few yards coming to a stop an extra push on the pedal is required.

I agree completely on the resetting trips , on the Prius 2 it was all done on the sat nav screen but now the fuel ecocomy info is on a seperate independent screen we haven't worked out yet how to reset it , we have been able to change thru the various screens but can't reset the MPG.

Besides that congrats on your new car , I still haven't seen one in silver can you put up a picture ? The dealer here had only 6 allocated and all are sold , 5 pearl white and one vermillion red. Cheers

Congratulations new owners! Lucky people indeed. Can I ask what MPG you've seen? Early days of course but it would be interesting to see.

Congratulations new owners! Lucky people indeed. Can I ask what MPG you've seen? Early days of course but it would be interesting to see.

I have managed around 50MPG of motorway driving so far (done 1200 miles) although mostly on Power mode

Ours was reading 33 when we collected it with 3 miles on the clock and it has just kept going up since , 87 miles on it now and its at 44.7 , all our trips have been short so far haven't got near the motorway. My parents have an 06 Prius 2 which they use mainly around town and they average 51.5 in it so I would expect or hope that when the engine loosens up in ours after 1500 miles or so it should average mid 50's in mostly town driving which is ok by me .

We have used the power and eco modes but you have to set them each time you switch the car off and on again so we generally just drive in the normal mode it runs in when you don't select a specific one.

Ours was reading 33 when we collected it with 3 miles on the clock and it has just kept going up since , 87 miles on it now and its at 44.7 , all our trips have been short so far haven't got near the motorway. My parents have an 06 Prius 2 which they use mainly around town and they average 51.5 in it so I would expect or hope that when the engine loosens up in ours after 1500 miles or so it should average mid 50's in mostly town driving which is ok by me .

We have used the power and eco modes but you have to set them each time you switch the car off and on again so we generally just drive in the normal mode it runs in when you don't select a specific one.

I am confused about switching the modes between Power and Eco mode only when the car is off, did your dealer tell you that? Because I have been switching mid driving to get that extra power to overtake at difficult times.....

I am confused about switching the modes between Power and Eco mode only when the car is off, did your dealer tell you that? Because I have been switching mid driving to get that extra power to overtake at difficult times.....

News to me , we have only used them a few times but like yourself we switched whilst driving but it resets to normal mode every time you switch off and on again.

You don't have to press the power mode if you want a burst of acceleration, you can just floor it and you will get the same effect.

The ECO & POWER buttons just alter the response in the 1st 50% of the throttle travel - therefore when in ECO mode the 1st half of the throttle travel has a dulled response to help get better economy, POWER has instant response and neither selected gives normal response, but if you need to get out of the way quick, simply going past the half way mark will give you the power you need :)

I was told the above when I had my driving time at Longcross a few weeks back and it worked. I also seem to remember him saying that ECO should stay engaged even after you turn the car off, but I never got to turn the car off to confirm that, but by DaronB's post it looks like it resets itself.

I've done about 200 miles so far - overall average low 60's.

Best trip 43 miles at 72.5 mpg - mixture of towns, country and motorways - didn't annoy anyone, just kept pace with the traffic.

Easy to achieve late 60's. Once in low 70's it gets increasingly hard to improve the average.

Power button is brilliant - immediately hits the average by 3 or 4 mpg but worth it to win the traffic lights race.

Best roads for economy seem to be motorways at moderate speed (60 -70). Worst are 'A' roads.

Warning - it can be addictive.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links