Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Removing Auris Bumper

Speed_Chaser

I am planning to remove front bumper from my Auris, where are the screws which I have to find and how many of them is there? Also interested to know same things about the rear bumper!

Best regrards, Alex

I remember seeing a guide to fitting parking sensors on the Auris, on the Tech Doc site, that showed removal and refitting of the Front and Reap Bumpers.

May be worth a look?

Hope this helps, Alex ;)

Hope this helps, Alex ;)

Thanxx so much :) I thought I had to pay for using techdoc? :blink: Will get to work TOMORROW!

Best regards, Alex

• 2 weeks later...

My bamper is removed now, big thanks to Auris 1.6 vvt-i for the techdoc one more time!

I am going to remove the "glass" from my headlight, there are many many clips on it, is that plastic attached to the lamp only with the clips or is there some silicone or something like that which I have to warm before the removal will be possible. On most cars the plastic is attached with silicone, but it seems like it's not the case on Auris :huh:

Best regards, Alex

Usualy the front plastic is glued with some hotmelt, to remove it you have to heatup the headlight in the oven at about 300F (~150C) or use a heat gun. I never done it but this is what i read about it at hidplanet forum. You can also watch the

, it can be inspiring. Good luck, let us know what you accomplished.

When I looked at the lights more careful and tried to open the pins it turned out that they do have that hotmelt. I would have been very surprised if they wouldn't have had it... I know how to remove the plastic by heating it up, but as there's one piece which I could not remove (I think it's height control, was able only to disconnect the plug coming to it, but not to pull the unit out from inside the lamp). This is why I am very suspicious about heating the lamp. I was thinking to try a hairdryer but not sure about will it work. Also, there are pins which I have to open and it will be pretty difficult. At the time I'll be opening them, the hotmelt will become hard again! Maybe I will forget that project... But I promise to let you know if I'll try to do/find out something new and interesting regarding that issue.

Best regards, Alex

Alex, don't know what you are up to, man, but I wouldn't recommend opening the headlight up, unless you are ready to meet the consequences and get yourself 2 fish tanks :lol: Once opened, the headlights are difficult to seize again and humidity gets inside them. If you are trying to get rid of the chips on the glasses, I'd recommend to just remove the headlights and use some wax to polish the imperfections. :thumbsup:

Yeah fish tanks came to my mind also and I decided to not to open the lights for that reason also... Actually I just did not want to ruin anything and just wasn't ready for the job and hadn't prepared good to do it. I was considering to paint the chrome parts in black but on the first place I was planning to insert side reflectors on both sides:

02-AZ-HA03-PCC-R-A.jpg

Maybe I will do these both things or only one of them later when I'll be "more ready".

I am going to remove the scratches from my lights later using "Mother's Plastic Polish" without unmounting the lights. I do not understand why should anyone remove "plastic lenses" or lamps to polish them :blink:

Best regards, Alex

• 3 years later...

It can be done by putting them in the oven for a short time and detach.keep the oven heated and put them back in,if it is hard to detach.it is better to repeat that a few times then to melt them.I tried doing that on my prelude and succeded.painted it black,put a hot glue and never got water inside.

Although I like it very very much I wouldn't dare doing it on auris,honda's lamps where condensing so I had nothing to lose

It's not that easy. People told me that on Auris it's a whole different story. The sealant material is not very good and it stays hard for a long time. The plastic parts start to melt, but the glue isn't just giving up...

Sorry to hear that,better to leave it as it is