Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Back Box Fitted

10 ft man

Well went to infinity exhausts in Bristol today to have my backbox made and fitted, and well the result is interesting. As it stands its way too loud for me (reminds me of chav's in pug 106, plus thats not a dig at 106's either) i was told that it should get quieter over a period of a few days. We shall see, not sure on whether or not its any faster yet but on a positive it does look good. When its not p***ing down i will get some photos up.

Its loud because you have a tiny muffler dude. It will increase performance more unless they packed it!! But a bigger muffler would make it quieter. Sounds alright in that video tho it will take a week to bed in, my full system did :thumbsup:

Its loud because you have a tiny muffler dude. It will increase performance more unless they packed it!! But a bigger muffler would make it quieter. Sounds alright in that video tho it will take a week to bed in, my full system did :thumbsup:

Its a strieght through system and i am actually getting used to it and i think its growing on me, need to wait for better weather to really test the performance :D

Mine seems to have gotten louder.

I thought it would become deafening when i took all the rear interior out but that doesn't seem to have made much difference.

Same style as me and I'm also completely free flow, would agree it's mental loud lol, if it's too much have the exhaust place make u a bung for it like what hks and the likes offer for the impreza/evo, returns it to almost stock volume and retains most the power benefits.

Must ask tho, do youget poppig and backfires? I do without bung and I love it! The missus frigging hates it!

Same style as me and I'm also completely free flow, would agree it's mental loud lol, if it's too much have the exhaust place make u a bung for it like what hks and the likes offer for the impreza/evo, returns it to almost stock volume and retains most the power benefits.

Must ask tho, do youget poppig and backfires? I do without bung and I love it! The missus frigging hates it!

LOL i do its popping all the time which puts a childish smile on my face. I have emailed the exhaust company as it too loud even for me, its not really bearable between 3 to 6 k. It is actually quieter in lift :blink:

LOL i do its popping all the time which puts a childish smile on my face. I have emailed the exhaust company as it too loud even for me, its not really bearable between 3 to 6 k. It is actually quieter in lift :blink:

It will be quieter in lift as the flow is such a crazy rate it doesnt have time to boune round the muffeler. In short it wont get quieter when it cokes up it may well get louder mine did. Mine got deeper and more of a drone when it was new it was cool and raspy... i have gone back to the stock muffeler as i like the sound of that and the performance gains of the after market exhaust were not obvious.

Joel

It will be quieter in lift as the flow is such a crazy rate it doesnt have time to boune round the muffeler. In short it wont get quieter when it cokes up it may well get louder mine did. Mine got deeper and more of a drone when it was new it was cool and raspy... i have gone back to the stock muffeler as i like the sound of that and the performance gains of the after market exhaust were not obvious.

Joel

Well i am in communication with the people that did to see what they suggest, Grrrr things are never simples

CHAV EXHAUST :lol:

Hoover :thumbsup:

lol, oh your words hurt lol

Going back saturday to get the noise sorted so its more barable. Will update this weekend!!

I recently got an exhaust fitted on mine it was far too loud i went back a few days later got a new back box and now its perfect the old one i had was similar to what u have and it sounded good but just not comfortable for every day use, now mine is perfect loud enough when i want it but quite any other time,

i have to admit i do keep my foot down more often to hear it but i love it

heh nahim, I know what you mean there, I do tend to boot it at every oppertunity, absolutely LOVE the sound it makes at about 4500rpm until it hits lift at which point it becomes nothing short of amazing!

heh nahim, I know what you mean there, I do tend to boot it at every oppertunity, absolutely LOVE the sound it makes at about 4500rpm until it hits lift at which point it becomes nothing short of amazing!

100% agree with you about 3.5k - 6k is perfect i think since i have had this exhaust my car had been revved a lot more than usual, the stock back box dont sound half as good as an after market one, speaking of which i think my stock one is still in my mates civic and its been there for 2 weeks at least he hasnt said anything lol nevermind

Well have had my changed for one that aint chavy loud and it sounds mint and still pops slightly :D