Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear View Camera For B9010

GregT3-S

Ok I have been looking to fit a rear view camera to my Avensis T180 which has the B9010 navigation system. However it does not have the 4 pin connector normally for connecting the camera. So i did a bit of digging and found the Corrola and Auris accessory instalation manuals which show the 4 camera wires going to the 20 pin connector (normally steering wheel controls and rear audio control) see pic below.

30995710004_large.jpg

So it seems that the 4 pin connector has been integrated into the 20 pin connector, what is needed now is to find out what the pins are e.g. video in.

I'm hoping i'm right and this will help people who want this option on the B9010.

Further investigation shows that the black is ground, red is +12v reverse signal and the white/white-black are the video signal. has any one else had chance to look into this?

There is a wiring kit hopefully parts king can give us a price for:-

PZ417-X0140-00 Wire harness. £20.88 delivered thanks parts king!

LOL I'm just waiting for some one to come on here and say I'm wrong.

OK has no one any interest in this or any technical insight? I have ordered a camera and emailed parts king for a quote for the wiring.

This is sort of a bump and i need some independant confirmation on this subject.

I'm interested & watching your experience - you would appear to be the sacrificial lamb! :lol:

I have ordered the camera and wiring kit, I will let you know what happens when it is fitted.

• 3 weeks later...
I have ordered the camera and wiring kit, I will let you know what happens when it is fitted.

Hi,

I have been following this with great interest as I have just fitted a 9010 to my Avensis verso. All is well, but I didnt realiase that the trip computer functions would not work! There doesnt seem to be a place to connect the wiring for these. (also for the outside temp display)

Anyway, I also looked at the install manual you refer to, but I am wondering if this is the rear of the TNS510 and not the 9010?? Or have I got it very wrong?? :-)

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, Can you tell me if the TNS700 plays DVD's

Unless there's some weird and wonderful software crack out there no sorry. The only DVD's it plays are the satnav ones.

Expect an update on the camera install in about a week, been to busy at work to get round to it.

Thanks for that, I'm getting one for my landcruiser, do I need an ecu unit for the sat nav, or is that build into the tns700 unit

Thanks for that, I'm getting one for my landcruiser, do I need an ecu unit for the sat nav, or is that build into the tns700 unit

It's an all in one unit but it does require a seperate gps antenna. There's no seperate ecu, good luck with the fitting.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

any updates on this?

very interesting

• 1 month later...

Ok Guys I have not been able to get this to work sorry for the delay but i've been playing around with this for weeks and even tried a few different cameras but to no avail.

• 1 year later...

Hi guys,

I know that it's an old topic but i just got my tns700 on my Auris without bluetooth, and as I'm interested to add an AUX/USB/input and in the same time add a rear view camera, i'd like to know if it was possible , and if somme of you have a picture of the back of this TNS700 or B9010. Cause as i think this manual is maybe not the good one...

and by the way if you have the pinout for the cd Changer...

thanks

• 1 year later...

Ok Guys I have not been able to get this to work sorry for the delay but i've been playing around with this for weeks and even tried a few different cameras but to no avail.

Hi GregT3-S

I know this is a very old topic but, i'm very curious how this end up as i'm planing to try it

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I have been contemplating trying it as well -- if anyone has had any success it would be great to know!

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

hello guys,

any news about this topic maybe? I read about some italian guy that was able to plug a camera to this B9010, so I suppose this is really working.. I'd like to also try it out.. but wanted to know if some one else also didi it and if it needed a particular camera or setup (ntsc, plain video in signals are necessary, etc.)

tent

I have not tried it in the end.

Best of luck and let us know how you get on with it!

ok.. will do.. ordered the cam and will make some tests.. if someone has some suggestion about how to test and connect the wirings on the 20 pin connectour: they are warmly welcome! :)

the B9010 itself has in the engeneering menu a rearcam test and shows a sensor for rear gear so I suppose everything needed is already there..

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I've finally received the camera and am now trying to make it work.. so far I can read from Pin 10 and 20 2.5 Volts but then I tried to connect to those two signal and ground of RCA of the cam and nothing seems to work.. I also tried to bridge 19 with 10 but still nothing.. any suggestions?

(http://hexaden.aliensystem.com/diy/kamera/tns700.jpg)

tent

I can try to clarify it better with a picture maybe:

2eusbxe.jpg

so it could be that camera goes in e only for B9010 and in B9004 and TNS510 it goes in i connector, pins 20-24 ?

anyway still trying to figure out those pins how should they go.

my guess is:

9 of connector e and 22 of connector i remain unconnected

20 of connector e and 24 of connector i are video signal

the other two ar to be bridged and linked to ground together with video shield (10+19 in e + 21+23 un i to shield)

tent:wq

still no way.. wherever I connect the camera to the b9010 it is not working...

I can measure a 2.6 Voltage across 20 (W signal?) and 10 (R, gnd) but strangely also between 9 (B, camera power?) and 10 (R, gnd)! I was supposing to find c.a. 7V here...

The same if I bridge 10 and 19 (W/B, gnd?) together, the avobe give 2.6V. Otherwise unbridged it has no voltage if I test 20 and 19 for instance.

I start fearing the pinout is wrong or it is not possible at all.. Ialso tried to connect in all possible combinations those four pins with the RCA out of the camera..

tent

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links