Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gen 7 Performance Mods

listy

looking to upgrade the engine on my gen 7 140....looked at chips, induction and superchargers, but unfortunately, superchargers and chips dont mix, so what would be your advice.....go electronic....or go supercharged???

The only S/C out there now days for the 140's are a Rotrex kit, i have just started doing them and this is a pic of the first Install that is going on as we speak to 1 of my customers cars

P7307147.jpg

P7307157.jpg

P7307158.jpg

Sadly no one makes a turbo kit for a RHD gen7. There are a few LHD kits out there but the exhaust/turbo manifold fouls the steering colomn on RHD cars.

Mabbs is correct, the only way to get any decent power out of the 1zz-ge (140) without spending a stupid amount of money is to supercharge it. They can't be chipped as the stock ECU will 'unlearn' any changes the chip makes + an induction kit/exhaust will only give you negligable gains if any. You could consider an engine swap to a 2zz (190 / t-sport), would probably be the most cost effective way to more power.

Sadly no one makes a turbo kit for a RHD gen7. There are a few LHD kits out there but the exhaust/turbo manifold fouls the steering colomn on RHD cars.

Mabbs is correct, the only way to get any decent power out of the 1zz-ge (140) without spending a stupid amount of money is to supercharge it. They can't be chipped as the stock ECU will 'unlearn' any changes the chip makes + an induction kit/exhaust will only give you negligable gains if any. You could consider an engine swap to a 2zz (190 / t-sport), would probably be the most cost effective way to more power.

yeh engine swap would give you an extra 50 bhp and the allmity lift for a small price without you modding the engine plus its a very simple drop in so im told! :P also that way if you did want more POWER!!!! after that then theres loadsa mods out there for the 190's

Yes mate, it got to 297.7bhp but was pulled back so it was safe with less engine knock ;)

I must say its an awesome machine now tho :D

P8117199.jpg

P8117197.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links