Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

So....how Far Is Too Far....

Hou

......to go buy a car?

I have always bought cars I have looked at before hand as they have been close, but one I want is 190 miles away :(

With lots of pictures i could still get there and find a problem on the test drive

Nope and you are still relying on someone else!

Its Chelmsford in essex and I have fallen in love with a car but cant decide what to do about it

If you really want it then i don't think distance is an issue.... it just depends if you're willing to foot the travel costs and potentially come back without it... :huh:

Go on bite the bullet, whats a couple of gallons of gas if you find your dream car.......

Well its going to cost me 50 quid ish to go see it, and whatever i give my mate for the time :wub:

I guess if it is meant to be it will be, and the lad who bought my SR flew over from NI to get it!

I guess if it is meant to be it will be, and the lad who bought my SR flew over from NI to get it!

Thats my whole big thing point, you have to be in it to win it :rolleyes:

I travelled from Ireland to Loughborough to buy mine, sight unseen.

5 years later , still going like a sewing machine :thumbsup:

Ok, there were no bids on E-bay, so I offered the reserve & had some correspondence with the Seller, who seemed an honest Gentleman & was :lol:

Price was only £400 stg & I had an older one for spares, so I thought it worth the gamble. It paid off, in Spades :thumbsup:

Pic in signature

Its Chelmsford in essex and I have fallen in love with a car but cant decide what to do about it

Get the address for me and I can drop in on Sunday and take a few photos for you :yes:

I am driving right past Chelmsford and this will only be a couple of miles out of my way and it presents no problem :thumbsup:

If you can arrange it then PM me with the details if you want me to do it for you :)

Because cars are usually the 2nd most expensive thing you will buy - i would be willing travel a fair distance to get the car i want (or a car for the cheapest possible price)

By only buying local - you are drasticly restricting the amount of "options/"products" you have to choose from..

Matt :)

Get the address for me and I can drop in on Sunday and take a few photos for you :yes:

I am driving right past Chelmsford and this will only be a couple of miles out of my way and it presents no problem :thumbsup:

If you can arrange it then PM me with the details if you want me to do it for you :)

That would be cracking, I know he gets back off holiday tomorrow but i'll drop him a text and see if thats ok, just to give me an unbiased view on it etc

I did 1300 miles looking for and getting a new vehicle for my wife.

I will do another 450 miles tomorrow on a round trip to pick it up.

Yeah there are a few of us Essex members about you know! :lol:

Yeah there are a few of us Essex members about you know! :lol:

Who of our members lives in or around Chelmsford? It would be good for Hou to have a couple of opinions of the car he is interested in :yes:

But I have a confession to make

its a honda!

In that case it is far too far :lol: :lol2:

But I have a confession to make

its a honda!

I don't mind helping out the prospective owner of a different Jap car :D

But a Honda :o Man what are you thinking of :eek:

mmmmm I don't think I would go that far :wacko:

Haha well it all doesnt matter now, guy came back off hol this morning and car has sold this aft :(

gutting, never mind back to the drawing board, cheers for your help guys

Haha well it all doesnt matter now, guy came back off hol this morning and car has sold this aft :(

gutting, never mind back to the drawing board, cheers for your help guys

On a serious note.... if a similar situation crops up then give me a shout :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links