Do Not Sell My Personal Information

D4d Fuel Filter Change

wheelbrace

hi all ,can anyone talk me thru changing the diesel filter on a 2006 avensis d4d? or is there a post on here with pictures? i have tried looking for it on here and i did find one post but it was'nt that clear to be honest. or maybe i'm just a complete cabbage! thank you for any advice. about the filter that is not me being a cabbage.

hi all ,can anyone talk me thru changing the diesel filter on a 2006 avensis d4d? or is there a post on here with pictures? i have tried looking for it on here and i did find one post but it was'nt that clear to be honest. or maybe i'm just a complete cabbage! thank you for any advice. about the filter that is not me being a cabbage.

hello mate

follow me:

- turn off ignition;

- release an air escape screw/bolt locacted on the upper lid;

- put a can under the filter case and unscrew the drain plug (the diesel is drained into the can);

- wait for a while unless the last diesel drop will appeared and tighgt this drain plug;

- take a spanner and unscrew the tie rod bolt to have the filter dismantled;

- inspect this filter insert - regarding to condition;

- have all parts cleaned in the same diesel;

- unpack the new fuel filter and have all new consumable O-rings;

- have all an old O-rings changed on new ones;

- hold the bottom lid and have the new filter positioned inside;

- join this package to the upper lid and the assembling tie bolt must be inserted in order to tight all this package;

- when tighten -- observe correct poitioning of the filter and bottom lid;

- have all package tighten in reasonable limits;

- have drain plug tighten and be sure the air escape bolt is released;

- turn ON ignition key (without cranking of the engine);

- use a booster pump hand driven on th eupper lid and pump it unless a pure diesel is appeared thru the air escaping bolt;

- have this bolt tighten;

- clean the spsace under the filter to prevent fire and dust accumulating;

- now your engine is ready to be started.

Cheers/Igor

hello mate

follow me:

- turn off ignition;

- release an air escape screw/bolt locacted on the upper lid;

- put a can under the filter case and unscrew the drain plug (the diesel is drained into the can);

- wait for a while unless the last diesel drop will appeared and tighgt this drain plug;

- take a spanner and unscrew the tie rod bolt to have the filter dismantled;

- inspect this filter insert - regarding to condition;

- have all parts cleaned in the same diesel;

- unpack the new fuel filter and have all new consumable O-rings;

- have all an old O-rings changed on new ones;

- hold the bottom lid and have the new filter positioned inside;

- join this package to the upper lid and the assembling tie bolt must be inserted in order to tight all this package;

- when tighten -- observe correct poitioning of the filter and bottom lid;

- have all package tighten in reasonable limits;

- have drain plug tighten and be sure the air escape bolt is released;

- turn ON ignition key (without cranking of the engine);

- use a booster pump hand driven on th eupper lid and pump it unless a pure diesel is appeared thru the air escaping bolt;

- have this bolt tighten;

- clean the spsace under the filter to prevent fire and dust accumulating;

- now your engine is ready to be started.

Cheers/Igor

thank you friend.

Hello

HAve you managed it?

Cheers/Igor

Hello

HAve you managed it?

Cheers/Igor

yes igor it was very easy with the advice you gave me. thank you friend.

Hello

HAve you managed it?

Cheers/Igor

yes igor it was very easy with the advice you gave me. thank you friend.

hi

that is OK

Cheers/Igor

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Sorry to labour the point but, is the hand primer pump actually loacted on the fuel filter housing?

Thanks,

Hi,

Sorry to labour the point but, is the hand primer pump actually loacted on the fuel filter housing?

Thanks,

hi

yes it must be there as designed by Toyota.

Cheers/Igor

Hi mate here is the method from the Toyota service manual post-74463-1254739403_thumb.jpg :thumbsup:

Regards .... Pete.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi lads.I got today a fuel filter for my d4d 2003(new shape),and now I want to change it.I found the filter just at the back of the engine,and to me looks a bit difficult to acces it.Do I have to remove the airfilter cover in order to get to the fuel filter or is an easier way to do it??I asked a mecanic to do the job and he wants €50, :o

Hi lads.I got today a fuel filter for my d4d 2003(new shape),and now I want to change it.I found the filter just at the back of the engine,and to me looks a bit difficult to acces it.Do I have to remove the airfilter cover in order to get to the fuel filter or is an easier way to do it??I asked a mecanic to do the job and he wants €50, :o

Hi there, i don't want you to take this in the wrong way but in my last post i went to the trouble of including an attachment from the Toyota service manual which tells and shows you exactly how it's done!

Here it is again ...post-74463-1255513078_thumb.jpg :thumbsup:

Pete.

Hi there, i don't want you to take this in the wrong way but in my last post i went to the trouble of including an attachment from the Toyota service manual which tells and shows you exactly how it's done!

Here it is again ...post-74463-1255513078_thumb.jpg :thumbsup:

Pete.

I 've seen that,,thank you.The filter was changed today at a much lower price...€15,by a qualified fitter.Thank you for your reply.

• 3 months later...

Igormus

Just bought a 2004 Avensis. I'm after the techinical manual and I noticed you posted a picture from it. Would you be able to PM me a link so I can download it.

Ta

Igormus

Just bought a 2004 Avensis. I'm after the techinical manual and I noticed you posted a picture from it. Would you be able to PM me a link so I can download it.

Ta

Sent you a PM Andy.

Pete.

Igormus

Ta

Sent you a PM Andy.

Pete.

thank you PETE

Igor

Igormus

Ta

Sent you a PM Andy.

Pete.

thank you PETE

Igor

That's what friends are for mate, take care. :yes:

Pete.

• 3 months later...
Igormus

Ta

Sent you a PM Andy.

Pete.

Hi Pete i have been reading your post about changing the fuel filter and have downloaded the page from the technical manual and am very grateful as i want to change my fuel filter soon.Would it be possible for you to send me the link so i can download the technical manual please it would be much appreciated as i have bought a disc manual but it is not very good.

Thanks for your help

Philip

Hi Pete i have been reading your post about changing the fuel filter and have downloaded the page from the technical manual and am very grateful as i want to change my fuel filter soon.Would it be possible for you to send me the link so i can download the technical manual please it would be much appreciated as i have bought a disc manual but it is not very good.

Thanks for your help

Philip

Hi Philip, sent you a PM.

Regards Pete, :thumbsup:.

Hi folks,

Just joined, and picked up the very helpful info posted in this topic.

Hopefully you won't a couple more questions! :)

My car's a '54 Avensis Estate 2.0 D4D (is this any different to the 2006 that wheelbrace has?).

1. I can't see where the air escape bolt/screw Igor mentions is.

I can only see what I presume are two mounting bolt heads.

I've attached a photo - could someone point me in the right direction please?

post-95044-127626501161_thumb.jpg

2. The Tech Doc extract t-spiritpete posted describes disconnecting the fuel hoses and removing the whole filter casing.

Are the hoses likely to be loaded with fuel, or will it all drain back to the tank/from the filter draincock before they're taken off?

Many thanks in advance,

Dave

• 3 years later...

Hi there, can the fuel filter be the answer to the black exhaust smoke in the back of the car while speeding? Thanks