Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

K&n 57i Induction Kit

no_data

I was wondering if they would keep that electronic control thing or not (thing on right of airbox by the chrome endpiece of that cone filter with the wires) I didnt want to remove anything until i saw if its ok to leave but now i will. I have the typhoon system from a focus knocking around (aluminium tubing which is the corect lenght for iq funny enough with the corect bend. Its slightly oversize on the bore but i can fabricate it to fit i am sure (yes i know it will slow gas speed to a degree but its big, silver and very shiny so looks the part. The opening for the air flow sensor is bigger on the focus part but an adapter plate should be simple to make with sheet aluminium and sheet gasket) I am wondering though if the car will be happy without the controller thing connected to the air supply.

Just wondering (as have not removed the airbox yet) Is there an opening in the remainder of the black plastic box (between the cone and the air from the grill) or is it still pulling air from the bottom/side of the box. Hope that made sense :P Will probably dismantle mine tommorow for a looksee

I was wondering if they would keep that electronic control thing or not (thing on right of airbox by the chrome endpiece of that cone filter with the wires) I didnt want to remove anything until i saw if its ok to leave but now i will. I have the typhoon system from a focus knocking around (aluminium tubing which is the corect lenght for iq funny enough with the corect bend. Its slightly oversize on the bore but i can fabricate it to fit i am sure (yes i know it will slow gas speed to a degree but its big, silver and very shiny so looks the part. The opening for the air flow sensor is bigger on the focus part but an adapter plate should be simple to make with sheet aluminium and sheet gasket) I am wondering though if the car will be happy without the controller thing connected to the air supply.

Just wondering (as have not removed the airbox yet) Is there an opening in the remainder of the black plastic box (between the cone and the air from the grill) or is it still pulling air from the bottom/side of the box. Hope that made sense :P Will probably dismantle mine tommorow for a looksee

Did the work today. Got it all fitted in perfectly looked great. Had to make and adaptor plate to fit the airflow meter but no problem really. Started up the car and it it wasnt quite right. It was fighting not to stall, not badly but when the revs fell it would almost stall then recover. There are no air leaks to the flow meter and the orientation is correct. Only thing i can think of is it is mounted a bit higher than in the plastic airbox (maybe 2mm at most). I think the main problem would be where the sensor is in relation to the centre of the bore. The bore is quite large so its not in the same place as the standard one. Basically it does not work properly :( Fitting standard made things perfect again.

Where is your airflow meter no_data? Your car does not have the wires visible that go to the flow meter and i see no way they could have rerouted it due to length. I can only asume yours comes from a different part of the loom as mine is the 1.33 and yours i belive is the 1.0. Am i correct?

Did the work today. Got it all fitted in perfectly looked great. Had to make and adaptor plate to fit the airflow meter but no problem really. Started up the car and it it wasnt quite right. It was fighting not to stall, not badly but when the revs fell it would almost stall then recover. There are no air leaks to the flow meter and the orientation is correct. Only thing i can think of is it is mounted a bit higher than in the plastic airbox (maybe 2mm at most). I think the main problem would be where the sensor is in relation to the centre of the bore. The bore is quite large so its not in the same place as the standard one. Basically it does not work properly :( Fitting standard made things perfect again.

Where is your airflow meter no_data? Your car does not have the wires visible that go to the flow meter and i see no way they could have rerouted it due to length. I can only asume yours comes from a different part of the loom as mine is the 1.33 and yours i belive is the 1.0. Am i correct?

Afraid I would not have a clue, hence why it was left with K&N for two days while they designed it & rolling roaded it twice to get figures up & running properly. Sorry :(

Jaine

Me & TiQ TaQ off to K&N headquarters for two days next week to get the 1st ever 57i induction kit in the world made & fitted. I offered them the car as a guinea pig & I get the kit FOC. Result.

I am so excited, will, sound awesome. :yahoo:

Jaine

Can you confirm exactly what the K&N bods did to the car?

Did they provide 'before and after' performance figures?

Me & TiQ TaQ off to K&N headquarters for two days next week to get the 1st ever 57i induction kit in the world made & fitted. I offered them the car as a guinea pig & I get the kit FOC. Result.

Jaine

No I cannot confirm exactly as was not there taking notes but the main bits are in the other post in general topics. :P

Yes I do have the printouts from the rolling road.

Jaine

Jaine

No I cannot confirm exactly as was not there taking notes but the main bits are in the other post in general topics. :P

Yes I do have the printouts from the rolling road.

Jaine

Ok

Has there been a significant improvement in performance?

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Like everyone else I really want that K&N kit installed, so I emailed K&N up in Warrington,

at first they didn't know anything about a 57i Induction kit for the Toyota IQ -so gave them a web link to this forum.

Then it turns out they have had a donor car (no_data I assume) but futher tests are being carried.

No_data - did they say when the kit might go on sale?

regards

descartes

Hi,

Like everyone else I really want that K&N kit installed, so I emailed K&N up in Warrington,

at first they didn't know anything about a 57i Induction kit for the Toyota IQ -so gave them a web link to this forum.

Then it turns out they have had a donor car (no_data I assume) but futher tests are being carried.

No_data - did they say when the kit might go on sale?

regards

descartes

Might have been easier to have asked me direct by PM about it rather than mail K&N.

Luvverly :) She has such a deep growl now & definately quicker on the way up through the gears. My friends find it hilarious such a little car makes such a noise & goes quicker than they thought. I love it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links