Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Water, Water Everywhere!

Teddylicious

I am in desperate need of help (mechanical rather than mental... but the mental help might be of use!) My '04 MR2 has sprung a leak, behind the back of the passenger seat there is a large amount of water ingress, this in turn extends to the footwells on both sides, and as a result is now messing with my alarm. :crybaby:

I've tried emptying the drains to resolve the problem but that has proved unsuccessful, i'm now at a loss as to what to do, if anyone of you fine boys or girls could offer me some assistance in suggestions of either things to do, or respectable places to take it around York then please let me know. :help:

If you want you can bring it over here tomorrow and we will turn the hose on it while someone looks for the leak inside?

If you want you can bring it over here tomorrow and we will turn the hose on it while someone looks for the leak inside?

Sorry for the late reply, I fear i've been a bit of a numpty and not doen enough of a job on the drains. Gonna give them a good going over on Tuesday and if it's still causing me problems I will have to request your very kind offer of assistance. Cheers Les. :D

I thought you'd vanished!! :lol:

Long time no see!!

HOORAHH!! - I've cracked it, my attempt at clearing the drains was in vain when I was doing it from the outlet upwards. As the culprit was a stuffed animal... (eeyore too be precise!) had blocked all the top up with rubbish! now thats sorted everything seems to be panning out nicely now, got my stereo fixed and my alarm is alot less problematic.

One down side is i've killed my aerial motor now... :(

I must admit my presence on the boards ahs been somewat slack over recent months, I shall be sure to improve it. :D

• 3 months later...

Sorry to raise this board from the dark merky depths of abys but I feel it relevant to this thread... what with my rubbish drainage system in my car I fear it may of had an adverse effect on my Alarm system. Now, albeit very sparadically I sometimes get my alarm go off when opening the door, the only way to stop it is to insert my key and press the unlock button on the key fob, any ideas girls n boys? :rolleyes:

Have you tried disconnecting your Battery for a bit to reset all the on board electronics, worth a try?

I cleaned my drains out 3 months ago as i had a build up of water, i have had no problem with my alarm, last week i fitted a post cat oxygen sensor and now the alarm keeps going off every now and again when locked, i think its got to be something to do with the control unit when i dissconnected the Battery, could be totally wrong?

Sorry to raise this board from the dark merky depths of abys but I feel it relevant to this thread... what with my rubbish drainage system in my car I fear it may of had an adverse effect on my Alarm system. Now, albeit very sparadically I sometimes get my alarm go off when opening the door, the only way to stop it is to insert my key and press the unlock button on the key fob, any ideas girls n boys? :rolleyes:

You could try a key re-set....funily enough this is in the "Hints & Tips" :rolleyes: :P :lol:CLICKY

:thumbsup:

I have had an intermitant problem with my alarm going off every now and again, the red light on the right hand dash would stay solid some times and then flash other times how its ment to. I tried resetting the alarm how les has explained in this forum but it didnt work.

I found out it was a problem with the microwave sensor which is situated under the rear of the centre console ,the sensor is to set the alarm off if someone gets into your car by sending out a microwave field inside your car.

All i did was remove the centre console which is 4 screws, 2 either side, the sensor is located just under the top flap of carpet at the rear, i disconnected it via the white plug located by it and eliminated it from my alarm system stopping the alarm from going off all the time. The alarm still works if the doors are opened but wont go off with someone inside it.

I was told if i wanted to replace it, it would cost about £100 for a new part, hope this might help

Neal

• 2 weeks later...
Hint my friends:

If you get water in your car, The big black grill on side by the doors towards the rear wheels, these have drain holes, if they are blocked,you can guess where your water goes ........

The drains,unfortunately, are behind these grills, so they need to be removed and fish round in side and clear the muck away.

CLICKY ;) Lots of stuff HERE :yes: