Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gen 7 Vvti Fuel Injector Replacement

DSOTM

Hi

I think I need to replace the fuel injectors.

Is it straight forward to replace therm, any things to be aware of before starting, any special tools required ?

Any help or advice would be appreciated

Thanks

Dead easy. Take the two 12mm bolts out of the front and one 10mm bolt out of the side of the fuel rail to allow you to move it around. That'll allow you to pull it out and pull the injectors out.

Make sure the key is out of the ignition whilst working (stop any chance of fuel pumping out when you take the fuel rail off)

10mm spanner and 12mm spanner (easier to use T-bars or ratchet)

Better to wear gloves to try and avoid getting petrol on the skin.

Why do you think they need changing?

Was gonna say the same, what makes you think they need changing? It's rare you'd need to change all of them.

Well i think its fuel starvation causing the problem.

Basicly its a loss of power and slugish under low revs, & hesitation noticable as you change gear when pulling away.

Its been like this for a while & i have put up with it, but now its getting worse.

The air mass meter was replaced about a year ago, & recently changed the plugs and air filter.

I put sone injector cleener in the tank and that improved things greatly while the cleaner was going through, but now its just petrol in the tank, its gone back to the way it was.

Im not sure what elce it could be

Thanks

Or could it be a problem with the fuel filter.

Im thinking I should change this first anyway as it would be a cheeper option ( I think)

Where it the fuel filter located and is it easy to check ?

Thanks

• 5 years later...

The fuel filter itself sits above the fuel pump in the tank. You need to remove the whole lot to change the fuel filter and more commonly the fuel pump sock which is where the fuel line first makes contact. (just realised this is a 5 year old thread...fail)