Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Iq Or Iq2?

Dewi Daniels

I'm thinking of trading my Smart ForTwo Cabrio in for a Toyota IQ. I prefer the look of the leather upholstery to the cloth upholstery, but it's only available on the IQ2. The IQ2 with leather costs £1,690 more than the base model. The climate control sounds good, but I'm less sure about the other IQ2 extras, such as smart entry/smart start, rain sensing wipers, dusk sensing headlights, electro-chromatic rear view mirror, bi-halogen headlights, etc. Do those of you who've bought an IQ2 feel it was worth £1,000 over the base model?

I'm also thinking of ordering the JBL premium sound system. Has anyone heard an IQ with the JBL system fitted?

Are there any other tips for a would-be IQ owner? Are there any must-have options/accessories? Any tips for getting the best deal from the Toyota dealer?

Hello,

I've just got an IQ2 and I think it's worth the extra.

I also wish I'd gone for the leather, it is far better than the cheap (quality, not price), stretchy viscose type seat material that is standard.

Also glad I got the sat nav and DAB radio options - can't comment on the JBL system, urban pack was not such a good idea I think - this would have paid for the leather option!

Wish I'd gone for the auto box too.

I would have liked the glove box/bag thingy but not at £80, hopefully a good aftermarket one will appear, as for getting a good deal, I don't think a sawn off purdey up the nose of the salesman would have helped as they were not playing ball at all. :(

Hello, New to this group having joined from the Lexus Owners Club. PX'd my Lexus for an IQ2 with leather and sat nav just last week. The extras on the IQ2 are very worth it, having driven 400 miles in the rain on my first weekend those rain sensing wipers are just great. As for quality it's not a step down from the lexus and I'm 100% glad I made the change.

Go for it !

Paulk.

So that's a 100% yes vote for the IQ2! It's good to know that the rain-sensitive wipers are effective. I hired a VW Golf with rain-sensitive wipers that made me wish they had a manual override, as they never seemed to be on the right speed.

uhm.....for your information: the VW Golf has a manual overide. (as do all cars with rain-sensitive wipers)

Absolutely worth it, for pure gimmicks as none of these extras are necessary or particulary useful, just great fun !

I have the iQ2 and once I saw what extras come with it the £1k more just didn't matter.

I have a base IQ (i.e not an IQ2) and had the leather fitted for £690 at the time of ordering.

It can be done, just ask the dealer nicely.