Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gen7 Exhaust Heat Deflector

CALSHOT

I've recently driven over a mamouth speed ramp. Unable to go over it on one side only, due to cars parked either side of the road, i had to drive straight over it.

This action was followed by a loud clunk and now my exhaust heat shield is just about hanging on. Whenever i go over a pot-hole or brake a loud banging noise occurs and rattles at all other times. (Edgebaston Council i'll be writing to you shortly!!)...

Does anyone know if it's easy to re-attach the heat shield and what to use to do it with?

thanks!

Chances are one of the screw holes has snapped. I fixed mine with an oversised washer.

I used two spanners as it was a nut and bolt

I think this relates to me too! I have the same sort of rattle, was told it could be the exhaust heat shield too! Yep, the rugged streets of Birmingham are to blame!! :(

What DSOTM said is most likely and easy fix, however some of the exhaust shields are riveted, there are actually six seperate heat shields for the exhaust on the Celica

• 3 weeks later...

i can pretty much quarante its going to be the rear/last heatshield on the exhaust shielding the fuel tank, over time the metal on the shield weakens and loosens away from the rivet causing it to fall off best thing to do is drill hole next to were the other rivet would have been and fit a cable tie through the shield an through the tank hole, unless the rivet just fell out in which case just stick a washered nut and bolt through simples.