Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sidelights

Phil_M

Do the sidelights and foglights form part of the test (If so I need some new bulbs, Kingo can you quote please!)

Hi mate, the sidelights are 100% part of the MOT as are the rear Red fogs/high intensity light needs to work (from 1980 onwards) the white light front fogs/spots don't need to work.

When you get them sorted it is a wise move to carry at least one spare bulb for each type of light on your car not just for your own and others safety but it is the law to have all your lights working so if one bulb fails the police might just let you off if you have a spare bulb. :)

Regards Pete.

When you get them sorted it is a wise move to carry at least one spare bulb for each type of light on your car not just for your own and others safety but it is the law to have all your lights working so if one bulb fails the police might just let you off if you have a spare bulb. :)

just hope that you never have to change 1 at night, in the rain & wind ....

it's a pain even in the daylight.

just hope that you never have to change 1 at night, in the rain & wind ....

it's a pain even in the daylight.

Don't want to take this story any further as a bulb can go at any time. The type of policeman who may let you off would not be the kind who would make you fit it in those conditions and i was just trying to give some sound advice to someone who asked a reasonable question about car lighting for the MOT which is the law. Just carrying spare bulbs is sensible anyway. :thumbsup:

Regards Pete.

Do the sidelights and foglights form part of the test (If so I need some new bulbs, Kingo can you quote please!)

Fog bulbs about £14 each, sidelight bulbs 2 for a £1 :lol: or free with every fog lamp bulb purchase :D:

Kingo :thumbsup: