Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T-sport Mpg

ayjay

Been getting great info the past few weeks - thanks all!!

Thinking of buying a 2004 T-Sport and I wondered what miles-per-gallon I'm likely to get. I do a lot of motorway miles, usually staying at about 80mph when traffic permits. What MPG am I likely to get on the motorway?

Thanks

I do mostly A road driving and I get around 34mpg.

I'd expect similar for yours perhaps touching 36mpg.

I average 31 mph but tend to use lift a lot.

problem is that at 80mph your looking at 4k rpm...the car is really short geared, which makes it less trhan ideal i would say for motorway munching...

I'm just in the middle of performing an MPG trial on my Celica, it's the same essentially as a T Sport but with some extra bits of plastic bolted on it.

I gassed her up to the brim and will see how far I go on it driving "normally" i.e. not feather footing it but not using lift at every opportunity - although I have used it a couple of times :unsure: . I'll put my results on here when I top up again :thumbsup:

problem is that at 80mph your looking at 4k rpm...the car is really short geared, which makes it less trhan ideal i would say for motorway munching...

Agreed, a 140 would be the sensible choice, no need for ear defenders either.

yeh a 140 would be your best bet. Ive filled mine up to the brim and am so far about halfway through the tank and done 180miles so far with mixed driving.

I think the best tank I've ever had out of the T-Sport so far lasted about 360miles. Motorway/A-Road and town with copious amounts of lift ;)

when im on the motorway and using lift, i can see the petrol needle moving...(always down and not up:/)... i go through £10 VPower in like 2-3 days @ 55 miles per day!

im not sure getting a 140 would really help, they are a bit slow (sorry 1zz'ers)... so you have a great looking car that is all show, and not very much go..

maybe get a turbo diesel?!

i tend to get about 75 miles to a tenner thats a mix of roads driving too and from work

if you do motorway miles in a 140 at say 80 mph you must get up near to 40 to a gallon, something ive never checked tho

i tend to get about 75 miles to a tenner thats a mix of roads driving too and from work

if you do motorway miles in a 140 at say 80 mph you must get up near to 40 to a gallon, something ive never checked tho

the celica gearbox is ment to be geared for motorways and i find mine does alot of mpg when im comuting to and from uni in keel (bout 65 mile away from where i live) last time i toped up it had a full tank of v-power and i did about 300miles befor the fuel lite came on. I have had a remap tho.... but did errr use a good bita lift racing a vtec lmao!!! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I had a longish test drive along the motorway and decided I can live with the engine noise, so parked ouside is a 2004 T-Sport, Thunder Grey, 32,000 miles, one owner, serviced bang on time every year. :)

I'll report back on the fuel consupmtion I get once the novelty of the acceleration has worn off !!

I'll report back on the fuel consupmtion I get once the novelty of the acceleration has worn off !!

The novelty doesn't wear off :D Congrats on the new car.

Sorry to bring up an oldish post but I said I'd get back :unsure:

I've done mixed driving on A & B roads, Motorways, and round town - plus I have used lift a few times :o

I have carefully topped right up to the brim of the filler neck both when I first topped up and again today. I haven't used a full tank because I wanted to fill up before our "greedy government" (polite term) adds even more tax starting tomorrow - I read fuel costs around 40p per liter in Taiwan and it must come from the same place, go figure.

Anyway, back on topic:

Total miles 382, liters used 46.290 - by my reckoning that's 37.51MPG :D . Had I been driving in a more sedate way I think it would have been well over 40MPG and that's pretty damn amazing considering it's not a tiny little euro box with no space or performance :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links