Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reversing Sensors

llith

Bought some reversing sensors from tesco direct at 75% off . Fit both sensors on the spare wheel cover on my 2005 XTR. Tested them today and they work very well. The signal is sent wireless from the rear of the car to the bleeping unit at the front , so no need to thread a wire .Managed to wire the sensors through the rubber conduit that has all the other wires going to the back door .

How much were they?

If they are the ones I found, they were £52.84 [cat#201-6749] but are now discontinued apparently.

LINK

There are some cheaper ones with varying reviews

LINK

Anyone any experience of front parking sensors and how they work/are activated............................just curious :unsure:

Maybe they don't work?

Front sensors??? That's why we have bull bars!

I thought bull bars were for nudging broken down L Rovers out of the way on narrow country lanes ;)

Answered my own question re. front sensors LINK

Though why you would want to fit an obstacle under the dash, as it suggests in the text is beyond me :unsure:

I've got a reverse camera fitted, and there's an extra input, so I was thinking of putting a front facing camera in as well, and switch between the two. Trouble is, most reverse cameras flip the image, which would be rubbish on the front.

I've got a reverse camera fitted, and there's an extra input, so I was thinking of putting a front facing camera in as well, and switch between the two. Trouble is, most reverse cameras flip the image, which would be rubbish on the front.

How about this system?- compatible with tow bars too, apparently LINK

I think I like the idea of a camera better. If it's IR, I could drive in the dark with the lights off. For a bit. Till the crunch.

I think I like the idea of a camera better. If it's IR, I could drive in the dark with the lights off. For a bit. Till the crunch.

Just get some night vision goggles and you will have a 'Stealth RAV', in the dark at least ;)

How much were they?

They were £13.21 instead of £52.84 plus £5 postage. Ordered before noon last Thursday arrived 7.30 a.m. Friday.If you want I could post some photos of the set up.

P8040088.jpg

So where do you place the cover when you need to use the spare ;) ;) ;) ;)

The wires would break, ar at least be in the way....

P8040088.jpg

So where do you place the cover when you need to use the spare ;) ;) ;) ;)

The wires would break, ar at least be in the way....

If you look carefully at the last photo you can see that I have two male/female two pin connectors that simply undo to remove the cover plus sensors completely . :thumbsup:

Made a couple of modifications today

1.Power source to dash reciever unit is now fixed .Soldered connection to rear cigarette socket .

2.Power source to sender unit is now not from left side socket as in photo. Instead I have wired it in parallel with the rear right side reversing lamp .Much better as the unit now only comes on when I engage reverse gear. :)