Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Worst Driving Incidents?

toyboata

Monkeys!

horses

After watching the horses one, it reminded me of a time where i came round a bend and there was a cow standing on the road...side on, just staring at me! It was late at night and very dark (countryside) and was a 60mph road (thankfully i wasnt going that fast!)....didnt hit the cow...but felt like a scene out of jeepers creepers!

Any of you lot had any such "incidents" in your driving time!?

No incidents with animals that i can recall , just people !!!!

About a month back , i was aproaching a T-Junction and was just starting to slow from approx 30mph when without warning a battered looking old car with an old african woman at the wheel pulled out from a row of parked cars on my near side straight into my path , i did'nt even have enough time to sound the horn , i had to react immedietly to avoid a head on collision , i steered to the right and slammed the brakes on at the same time , narrowly avoiding collision , its lucky for me that no other cars had just turned into the road from the main drag because if they had i would not have been able to swerve onto the right side of the road and would certainly have had a head on collision , also its the first time i have ever owned a car with ABS , and i have to say i was really impressed with the handling of the Auris , there was no body roll , no skidding , and i stopped perfectly in the offside curb , the old African woman carried on up the road still on the wrong side of the road :rolleyes:

Worst driving experiences?

I had a front tyre explode on a fiesta doing 80 around a fast country lane... it put me through three trees......

My old man hit a black ice patch on the Autobahn in rush hour once doing 180 km/h in a '98 S class... he did a full 360 degree spin without hitting any other cars or the barriers, by the time he was pointing forwards again he had scrubbed off 90 km/h. He did the rest of the drive at under 50 :lol:

Possibly the worse experience though is when I once drove an FTO.

Oh dear animals.... I attended a serious road crash on a local dual carriageway where a small van hit three horses. The van was mangled and the driver was in a bad way.... all three horses had to be shot :huh:

Another was when a guy hit a deer and smashed the front end of a Ford Galaxy.... we never did find the deer :rolleyes:

I once hit a fox whilst driving a Rolls Royce.... the fox was dragged under the car and all I heard was the thumping as it was rolled along over and over again. The fox was mashed by the time it came out the back and the car suffered no damage at all :lol: I have also hit a cat in the past.... wow it bounced for ages but I never saw the outcome other than the paint on my bumper was cracked.... damn cat :angry:

Mine would have to be driving across a set of a cross roads (no we didn't have the right of way), in the day time at about 70 with minimal/no vision of what was coming either way. I wasn't driving and I let my mate know it wasn't fun! Having said that getting a fiat 500 off the clock with 5 up was a bit scary as well......

Other than that anyone who drives quickly to impress somebody else scares me - not big or clever IMHO

As for wildlife I have hit loads, living out in the country as I do, I hit a badger in the afore mentioned S class, just a big thump as it hit the front and another thump as it hit the diff.

I have lost count of the many rabbits and birds I have hit.. I once got a bird splattered accross the front bumper so hard it stuck on my first twin turbo soarer - one hell of a bugsplat! I also once hit a pheasant on take off in a supra... it was at dusk and the headlights were on (i.e. flapped up) the pointed edge caught the pheasant and it exploded infront of me.

Pleasant.

Oh dear animals.... I attended a serious road crash on a local dual carriageway where a small van hit three horses. The van was mangled and the driver was in a bad way.... all three horses had to be shot :huh:

Another was when a guy hit a deer and smashed the front end of a Ford Galaxy.... we never did find the deer :rolleyes:

THREE horses! - how did he manage to hit THREE horses! did the first and second one not tell him theres a problem?

Theres some sad but funny storys coming out here lol!! The exploding pheasant is a new one!

Worse one for me was on a dual carriageway.... came to a junction where i needed to turn right... 90 degree turn... was going a bit too quick and spun my Yaris down the other side of the dual carriageway..... thankfully it was 1am and there was no other traffic....

That was lucky then!

In the winter, a few years ago i was driving through the local town, went round a roundabout which i know as being "slippy" anyway...but unknown to me there was some black ice on there and the car just did 180 degree spin! wasnt going that fast either!

Didnt phase me, just thought to myself "know why did u do that...come on, lets try again" *turns around*

Just was a bit wierd being that the car was just sliding and not paying any attention to what i was telling it do!...good job i was going slow else could of mounted the kerb and done some real damage

Matt :)

Cars slide... it's what they do.... Maybe it's more shocking that I'll have an incident where I'm steering by looking through the side window, but don't think as much of it as to even tell anyone lol.

My old grey supra was great like that, - I few members that know my might remember it. It was just lairy, even not being silly it would happily go sideways at any given moment, on such time was when I floored it at about 70 on a cold dry November evening (on a private track that is not the M25 at 3 am collecting my folks from Gatwick), the back wheels spun up and the back stepped out of line, lifted off to a huge flash of flame that lit the road up in my rear view and didn't think much more about it (apart from grinning lol)

Great moment was in '05 my other half was driving it around the Nurburgring, she flew up behind an M3 (same shape as my car now) and overtook him on the outside of a corner, sideways... I was in the passenger seat and saw him looking over to see a crazed woman in a pink hoodie and blonde pig tails driving a 12 year old car with less than a respectable watch past his new £50k ish M3 lol

I never get any of this anymore, the car just grips and gos, no slides, no flames, Its faster, and "better" in every single way... but not as fun as an 80s turbo car!

THREE horses! - how did he manage to hit THREE horses! did the first and second one not tell him theres a problem?

Theres some sad but funny storys coming out here lol!! The exploding pheasant is a new one!

All three came out of a local riding stable hence they stuck together when galloping down the road.... that was their undoing :(

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links