Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Suspension/link Part Identification

dns17

Hi guys,

I started getting this scraping sound on the front left wheel everytime the road was uneven. Took it to my mechanic and he identified the problem as the attached part being worn/dry. He greased it and put it back as a temporary measure but told me I need to replace it. Problem is I don't know what the part is or it's reference number.

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance

EDIT: It's for a yr 2000 Gen 7 190BHP model.

post-76947-1249476845_thumb.jpg

post-76947-1249476861_thumb.jpg

I'm not sure, but it looks like the front suspension camber control arm as found on Celica's with superstrut suspension.

figure of 8 . you really need to change it with camber control arm 1 , otherwise the knock will return in a week or 2 , and you have to pay the labour charge again .

fig 8 is about £100 nowadays , camber control arm 1 is £306 .

oil or grease will make it worse or may even cause the ball joint to pop out - bad error by that mechanic. IMHO.

chances are its the small ball joint on the end of camber arm 1 where it meets the steering control joint near the hub making the noises.

parts are cheaper here http://www.japarts.co.uk/shop/

Thanks for the repiles guys.

GT4, you refer to "figure of 8" and "camber control arm 1". Please can you tell me from which schematic you are refering to?

I'll edit my post above but it is for my yr 2000 Gen 7 190.

Cheers

schematic is in my head , never seen a gen 7 use this part , but its a figure of 8 link arm .

schematic is in my head

LOL sounds like a line from The Terminator ;)

I did some research and found that it's also known as the "Lower Camber Control Link". According to wikipedia, there was a JDM gen 7 model available with super strut suspension as Hawke56 mentioned before.

Will give the dealership a call tomorrow and see what they can tell me.

Japan

Japanese models continued to carry SS-I and SS-II trim levels. The SS-I is powered by 1ZZ-FE engine, SS-II comes with 2ZZ-GE engine. The SS-II also can be ordered with Super Strut Package with super strut suspension, rear strut bar, 16-inch alloys, metal pedals, and colored rocker panels. The SS-II has climate control AC with digital display. Options included the choice of the Elegant Sports Version with front lip spoiler and headlight covers, or the Mechanical Sports Version with full body kits. The JDM Celica was updated with minor changes in August 2002.

if this is so the same part will be on the gen 6 . figure of 8 link arm.