Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

First Gear

gavin32

hi i have an avensis 1.8 when changing from first gear to second some times it is a bit stiff [hard] to get it out of first .mostly happens when starting when car has been left over night un driven .year is 2004 81000 miles on her.thanks in advanced. :angry:

hi i have an avensis 1.8 when changing from first gear to second some times it is a bit stiff [hard] to get it out of first .mostly happens when starting when car has been left over night un driven .year is 2004 81000 miles on her.thanks in advanced. :angry:

Don't know the reason, but on my 2005 D4D 79000 miles, I sometimes have problems getting it into first when its been left for a while!

David

Don't know the reason, but on my 2005 D4D 79000 miles, I sometimes have problems getting it into first when its been left for a while!

David

thanks dave like u my problem is geting it out rather then geting it in.

David

Same here.

Hi guys, My wife has a T180 and her box has been the same since we got it, And in the winter you nearly need to let it tick over for 5 min first thing in the morning so that you can get any gear at all.

On tue i got fed up and added 150ml of ZX1 into the gearbox oil and my God what a difference it has made, I really don't know why i let her put up with it for so long before i did it.

I have been using ZX1 for years now and it has not failed me this time either. The box is now seriously smooth and it has lifted the fuel consumption 4mpg in 2 days already.

Well worth a try if nothing else!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links