Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Oil

big taff

can any one please advise me of thecorrect oil to use in my 2004 1.8 vvti avensis. I have been to two dealers and been told 2 different things one yold me 10/40 semi oil and the other a 5/40 fully synth so can anyone please tell me what the best one is the car has done 62k and is about to go to the south France so i want the best oil poss thanks for your help

5w-40 is a good oil for your car. Castrol and Mobil both has that oil that fills Toyota requirements for your 1ZZ-FE engine.

Hi. I have the same car as you, and i recently changed my oil and filter. I bought Castrol Edge 0/30 W. There have been no problems up to now. I did recently, a road trip to Cornwall no bother.

Thanks Hati thats what i was going to use just got a tad thrown when i was told to use 10/40 semi synth. This is the first Toyota i owned always been a VW TDI fan very impressed with Toyota but the dealers seem to contradict themselves the handbook says 5/40 when i showed this to the dealer he told me that oil consumption was a problem and thats why i should use the thicker oil i have done over 5k in this car and never toped up once and as far as i know it has 5/40 in now

thanks for that just quick one i seem to average over 45 mpg out of this car i keep a steady speed on motorway about 60 miles a day and this mpg impresses me i only got 48 mpg out of a gti tdi golf do you guys get the same sort of return ?

I get about the same average wise. When on a motorway i get up to the early 60.s showing on the readout.

i have never had the mpg that high if i use the instant mpg it does but keep the lcd display to give me the mpg per tank it did go near 50 once wich i thought was impressive for a big estate have you any tips or advice on the avensis all greatly receved

Bought mine in January 09. I have done quite a few long runs since then. Every time i have had this mpg or there about showing. Seems correct as well. I do not fill up no where as near as to my previous car did.

can any one please advise me of thecorrect oil to use in my 2004 1.8 vvti avensis. I have been to two dealers and been told 2 different things one yold me 10/40 semi oil and the other a 5/40 fully synth so can anyone please tell me what the best one is the car has done 62k and is about to go to the south France so i want the best oil poss thanks for your help

hi mate

i have been using 5W30 full synth up to 115k kms , but thanks to the car selling i have stopped to use this oil :)

my both dealers recomended this oil grade.

cheers/Igor

thanks guys ging to change oil next weekend going to use 5/30 full synth ill decide what brand later prob use millers or Mobil

Toyota recommend going by the owners book 5w 30 thats what i used in my 1.4 vvt-i corolla my 1.8 vvt-i avensis and 2.2 d-4d avensis. Dad has also used 5w 30 in his avensis both of them 1.8 vvt-i . Only probs we has was both the 1.4 corolla and 1.8 vvt-i avensis needed new blocks due to oil consumption which is a common fault.

Thanks for all the help lads if i could push my luck a litttle further can any one recomend a brand been trying to get some Toyota 5w30 but our local dealer brookling have closed does any one know a web site where i can purchase gen toyota oil or recomend a good brand

Thanks for all the help lads if i could push my luck a litttle further can any one recomend a brand been trying to get some Toyota 5w30 but our local dealer brookling have closed does any one know a web site where i can purchase gen toyota oil or recomend a good brand

hi

why don't youo ask for the same oil at officials? They have all cunsumable oils.

Try this/Cheers/Igor

hi gormus

Waht do you mean by officals is that dealers its just my local dealer has closed and the next one is a 140 mile round trip

hi gormus

Waht do you mean by officals is that dealers its just my local dealer has closed and the next one is a 140 mile round trip

hi mate

sure i meant Toyota dealers -- it is the speedest way and you are assured to have an origina oil.

Cheers/Igor

hi gormus

hi mate

sure i meant Toyota dealers -- it is the speedest way and you are assured to have an origina oil.

Cheers/Igor

hi gormus

Oh sorry -- of course it is not necessary to cover 140 miles for 5 ltr of oil -- try to locacte the closest reliable products shop to buy 5W30 or the famous original brands sucuuh us BP; Shell; Castrol; Mobil; ELF.

Good luck/Igor

hi gormus

Oh sorry -- of course it is not necessary to cover 140 miles for 5 ltr of oil -- try to locacte the closest reliable products shop to buy 5W30 or the famous original brands sucuuh us BP; Shell; Castrol; Mobil; ELF.

Good luck/Igor

hi taff,

If you know anyone who can get into COSTCO and you have one up your way, you can get a Mobil fully synthetic for about £22.00 for either 4 or 5 litres. They also do the Castrol synthetic engineering or something like that, which is a good quality semi synthetic for about £28.00 for 10 litres.

They are generally cheaper than Halfords or motor trade wholesalers.

cheers

hi gormus

Hi Big taff

There's a new dealer in Cheltenham - Listers Toyota, that's only 9 miles away from Gloucester!

thanks guys there is no costco near here but will try the new Toyota dealers in Cheltenham was going to pop down to Macro today to buy Mobil one but the Saturday snooze took hold and won

thanks guys there is no costco near here but will try the new Toyota dealers in Cheltenham was going to pop down to Macro today to buy mobil one but the Saturday snooze took hold and won

This may help, although the same oil seems to be recommended nearly everytime unless you specify an older car like a Ford Cortina!!

http://www.castrol.com/castrol/iframe.do?c...ntentId=7044829

I bought some today, 1 litre from local BP garage £17!!!, then went shopping at Morrisons & seen it £12...

hi gormus

Good luck/Igor

hi taff,

If you know anyone who can get into COSTCO and you have one up your way, you can get a Mobil fully synthetic for about £22.00 for either 4 or 5 litres. They also do the Castrol synthetic engineering or something like that, which is a good quality semi synthetic for about £28.00 for 10 litres.

cheers

Hi On the price of oil I have just had a service on my D4D TR and they charged me £50 for the oil!!!!!!! It must be made of gold?

hi gormus

Good luck/Igor

hi taff,

cheers

Hi On the price of oil I have just had a service on my D4D TR and they charged me £50 for the oil!!!!!!! It must be made of gold?

As long as the oil meets Toyota Specifications it is possible to supply your own oil for the service................Just might save you some money :thumbsup: