Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fitting Boost And Air Fuel Ratio Gauge Help

zuluae92

hi couple of fairly simple questions which i am sure you will beable to help me with

i have bought a boost and air/fuel ratio gauge for my celica st205 and was wondering which vacuum hose is the best to connect boost gauge to??

also am i right i thinking the o2 sensor is is on the front left of the exhaust manifold?? as i need to connect air fuel ratio to this, also can any 1 tell me which wire on the o2 sensor is the signal wire.

and 1 more thing does any 1 have a wiring diagram for the stereo??

cheers

the best pipe to connect the boost gauge pipe to is the one that feeds the dumpvalve. dont be tempted to connect it to either the MAP sensor or fuel pressure regulator lines as any failure in these feeds can result in engine damage.

yep thats the O2 sensor best place to connect the wire to though is at the ECU, look at the image below i have circled the correct wire.

3S-GTEECUpinout.jpg

also for the stereo your better off getting a wiring adaptor from somwhere like Halfords as this just plugs into the vehicle wireing plug and then into the stereo.

the best pipe to connect the boost gauge pipe to is the one that feeds the dumpvalve. dont be tempted to connect it to either the MAP sensor or fuel pressure regulator lines as any failure in these feeds can result in engine damage.

yep thats the O2 sensor best place to connect the wire to though is at the ECU, look at the image below i have circled the correct wire.

3S-GTEECUpinout.jpg

also for the stereo your better off getting a wiring adaptor from somwhere like halfords as this just plugs into the vehicle wireing plug and then into the stereo.

cheers boost gauge to dump valve that easy enough, air fuel to ecu only thing is i cant see ecu any where under bonnet i know my mr2 had it in the boot is it under the dash on the celica??

also stereo has already been chopped and brutalised by prev owner plus it has a toyota bluetooth phone kit fitted all a bit of a mess at the moment

ahhh ill copy the audio wiring page for ya then.

yep if you pull back the carpet in the passenger footwell, tunnel side the ecu will be looking at ya, its the only large metal case under there.

ST-205audioplug.jpg

yep if you pull back the carpet in the passenger footwell, tunnel side the ecu will be looking at ya, its the only large metal case under there.

ST-205audioplug.jpg

cheers only trouble is wiring diagram is too small and cant read it, tried zooming in but just blurred, even tried connecting laptop to tv and still cant make out the colours of wires which is wot i need most of all

ST-205audioplug.jpg

cheers only trouble is wiring diagram is too small and cant read it, tried zooming in but just blurred, even tried connecting laptop to tv and still cant make out the colours of wires which is wot i need most of all

Did yours have radio/amp combined...If so try these colours

lilac/yellow...live

Grey...ignition live

Black/red .....elec ariel

purple/lilac....ariel amp

white/black....earth

Purple....front left sp+

violet.....front left sp -

light green...front right sp +

Lilac.......front right sp -

Black....rear left sp +

yellow....rear left sp -

red.....rear right sp +

white.....rear right sp -

Hope this helps

ST-205audioplug1.jpg

try that one dude

ST-205audioplug1.jpg

try that one dude

hi have done it now ended up chopping out all the mess and then reconnecting an iso plug to it stereo all working fine boost and air fuel all working fine. but there seems to be a couple of glitches,

like the elec ariel stays up all the time when ign is on not only when radio is on. dont know if this is normal, also haven't had car for long but have only just noticed after fitting the above that my side lights come on when ign turned on. i know some cars do this but never noticed it befoe on mine. and thirdly when i get a phone call though my bluetooth hands free now it only mutes front Speakers and sub but not rear Speakers?? think i must have a short or wrong connection somewhere but cant understand where.

ariel could be down to the way your stereo works (although it seems strange)

as for lights make sure that the illumination wire isnt connected wrong (cant see one in the diagram but thought they had one) ill do a bit or digging and see what i come up with. did you have any wires not accounted for according to the diagram?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links