Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ss3 Performance

Golden bay NZ

The standard ss3 (mines a 197h.p. Red Top.) is a bit slow on acceleration. Here are some quick and easy things you can do to give it more low down torque, better throttle response and really make it get up and go.

* Add Magnets to the fuel line - these only cost $50 and will instantly give it more power and acceleration. They claim to give it 15% more power in each gear and 15% more top end speed. The magnets work best on cars which have 'long legs' and spread out gearing. They work by improving combustion. Invented by the Germans in WW2 to decrease the vapour trail in Messerschmidt jets, the other bonus is that they will reduce your emissions by 50%.

www.rcdimos.com is a good source in NZ

* Add the Fuelstar to the fuel line - this is another invention from WW2 and ressurected by an Australian. I think it is now standard on the V8 supercar racing. The Fuelstar is joined onto the fueline and the fuel passes through lead and alloy picking up nanoparticles of metal which also improve combustion and fuel economy. About $250 plus an easy installation and you will need to put some soundproofing on your firewall and the induction unit as it will make your engine louder.

www.fuelstar.com

* A high performance panel air filter by Simota. This will improve power by 7%? Also a little noisier than the standard filter. Pod filters may improve throttle response by letting in more air but can reduce any power gains by sucking in hot air from the engine bay. You may need to trim the corners to fit.

* Simota Spiral Turbo - A non mechanical turbo that looks like a jet turbine and will fit into you air intake spinning at 33,000 r.p.m This will give a lot more power again. $50

* Insulating fuel lines to keep them cool and also the airbox

* When fitting the Iridium plugs, make sure the contacts are facing towards the air inlet by drawing a black line down the plugs with a fet pen. This is supposed to add an extra 1h.p.

I recommend Amsoil and their new 5 micron filters.

Add Magnets to the fuel line - these only cost $50 and will instantly give it more power and acceleration. They claim to give it 15% more power in each gear and 15% more top end speed. The magnets work best on cars which have 'long legs' and spread out gearing. They work by improving combustion. Invented by the Germans in WW2 to decrease the vapour trail in Messerschmidt jets, the other bonus is that they will reduce your emissions by 50%.

Sorry, there is no way that you can get 15% power increase from sticking a few magnets to a fuel line. There is no scientific proof to even begin to back this up anyway. The only way your gonna be able to reduce the emissions on your engine by 50% is to use only half a tank of fuel instead of a full one.

* Add the Fuelstar to the fuel line - this is another invention from WW2 and ressurected by an Australian. I think it is now standard on the V8 supercar racing. The Fuelstar is joined onto the fueline and the fuel passes through lead and alloy picking up nanoparticles of metal which also improve combustion and fuel economy. About $250 plus an easy installation and you will need to put some soundproofing on your firewall and the induction unit as it will make your engine louder.

What!? This is rubbish im sorry...

* A high performance panel air filter by Simota. This will improve power by 7%? Also a little noisier than the standard filter. Pod filters may improve throttle response by letting in more air but can reduce any power gains by sucking in hot air from the engine bay. You may need to trim the corners to fit.

Who the hell are Simota? Dont they make fizzy orange juice?

* Simota Spiral Turbo - A non mechanical turbo that looks like a jet turbine and will fit into you air intake spinning at 33,000 r.p.m This will give a lot more power again. $50

No no no no no no no, this is rubbish. There is nothing you can add into an intake to gain power. You adding a restriction. And you WILL loose power. You say its non mechanical...yet it spins?...urrrr riiiiiiiight...

Are you just making stuff up now?

* When fitting the iridium plugs, make sure the contacts are facing towards the air inlet by drawing a black line down the plugs with a fet pen. This is supposed to add an extra 1h.p.

What planet are you from?

Filters for what?

Im sorry but everything you have just said is stupid....actually its beyond retarded....this makes more sense than anything you have just said....

db1313-panda-go-kart.jpg

95% absolute rubbish.

Magnets on fuel lines do nothing. Magnets in the petrol tank do nothing. Special additives like those mentioned do nothing. Fans in the intake? So put a massive blockage in your intake yeah? A massive blockage that can't run at the speeds required to actually create boost? God what a p3nis you are.

I bet this joker sells these items so is ineffect selling goods by pretending to review them.

Lining the sparkplugs up with the intake valves? This used to make a difference a long time back. When getting 50bhp out of a 3.0 liter engine was the norm. It's moved on a bit since then. But maybe not in NewZealand. It's known as "indexing" and the position you need to point it is dependant on the engine setup. Without knowing how your engine is setup, it's impossible to know how to index your plugs.

Baaa.

i used magnets from a few old hard drives they were so powerfull they held the fuel in a vortex of vacuums which eventually turned it into diesel , the cost to repair was of great magnitude . Car had less pulling power as i didnt attract any members of the opposite s*x , infact we were poles apart .

As I always say, if these small and reletively cheap changed actually worked, don't you thing that the big car companies with their billions collectively spent on research would use them?

Add Magnets to the fuel line - these only cost $50 and will instantly give it more power and acceleration. They claim to give it 15% more power in each gear and 15% more top end speed. The magnets work best on cars which have 'long legs' and spread out gearing. They work by improving combustion. Invented by the Germans in WW2 to decrease the vapour trail in Messerschmidt jets, the other bonus is that they will reduce your emissions by 50%.

Sorry, there is no way that you can get 15% power increase from sticking a few magnets to a fuel line. There is no scientific proof to even begin to back this up anyway. The only way your gonna be able to reduce the emissions on your engine by 50% is to use only half a tank of fuel instead of a full one.

No no no no no no no, this is rubbish. There is nothing you can add into an intake to gain power. You adding a restriction. And you WILL loose power. You say its non mechanical...yet it spins?...urrrr riiiiiiiight...

* When fitting the iridium plugs, make sure the contacts are facing towards the air inlet by drawing a black line down the plugs with a fet pen. This is supposed to add an extra 1h.p.

Filters for what?

Im sorry but everything you have just said is stupid....actually its beyond retarded....this makes more sense than anything you have just said....

db1313-panda-go-kart.jpg

Filters for what?

db1313-panda-go-kart.jpg

*****, You guys are all just tied up in Knots ... I can only think you are annoyed that you have spent so much money on mods and dont like to hear of cheaper alternatives?

No, I am not a trader or selling these products, they made an instant and huge improvement on my ss3, I would estimate an extra 20 h.p at least. It turned it from a fairly tame car to one that gets up and howls! And this was before I changed the air filter. These mods also made a huge improvement on my previous Rav 4. I havent even put the spiral turbo in my celica yet as its going fats enough already.

Hers an example, The magnets i bought from www.rcdimos come with 2 attracting magnets for the fuel line and one repelling for the air intake. I once took a single magnet off the fuel line and there was a marked decrease in power, when i added the fuelstar, I could hear the engine exploding louder with the increased combustion as i drove out from the mechanics .... as i said .. the fuelstar is used on the V8 supercar racing circuit in Australia.

I have heard reports of the magnets being inefective, But mine worked really well. Apparently fuel molecules are 'clumped together' and 100% combustion is never acheived , the magnets ping the fuel molecules apart and obtain a more complete combustion.

Simota is a supplier of performance parts, and the Amsoil oil filters are some of the best on the market, filtering down to 5 microns of wear particles compared to 20 to 25 microns for most other filters.

In answer as to why the magnets arent standard on cars? Motor car makers arent interested in making their models more powerful, as they would rather you bought the next model up with the more powerful motor.

Relax guys ..I suggest you actually try these products, you will find they work very well.

*****, You guys are all just tied up in Knots ... I can only think you are annoyed that you have spent so much money on mods and dont like to hear of cheaper alternatives?

No, I am not a trader or selling these products, they made an instant and huge improvement on my ss3, I would estimate an extra 20 h.p at least. It turned it from a fairly tame car to one that gets up and howls! And this was before I changed the air filter. These mods also made a huge improvement on my previous Rav 4. I havent even put the spiral turbo in my celica yet as its going fats enough already.

Hers an example, The magnets i bought from www.rcdimos come with 2 attracting magnets for the fuel line and one repelling for the air intake. I once took a single magnet off the fuel line and there was a marked decrease in power, when i added the fuelstar, I could hear the engine exploding louder with the increased combustion as i drove out from the mechanics .... as i said .. the fuelstar is used on the V8 supercar racing circuit in Australia.

I have heard reports of the magnets being inefective, But mine worked really well. Apparently fuel molecules are 'clumped together' and 100% combustion is never acheived , the magnets ping the fuel molecules apart and obtain a more complete combustion.

Simota is a supplier of performance parts, and the Amsoil oil filters are some of the best on the market, filtering down to 5 microns of wear particles compared to 20 to 25 microns for most other filters.

In answer as to why the magnets arent standard on cars? Motor car makers arent interested in making their models more powerful, as they would rather you bought the next model up with the more powerful motor.

Relax guys ..I suggest you actually try these products, you will find they work very well.

I think I'd rather give the car a polish thanks , aerodynamics you see ........ LOL

If you actually have ANY science based knowledge .. you'll know it's bunk.

http://www.fuelsaving.info/magnets.htm

http://www.tuning.wanadoo.co.uk/car-engine...-on-gadgets.htm

If it really gave better economy, wouldn't the prius and the VW BlueMotion have them? Why wouldn't the 997 GT3 have them, there isn't a more powerful NA 911, so why wouldn't they put them on there? How come Zonda don't add them to their cars? Oh yeah, that's right, because some eBay shop knows better than Mercedes about making power.

Changing the air filter - yes, gains are available, but more often you just allow hot air into the intake after removing a nice cooling airbox. A proper air intake system is better. Usually involving shroudsto block engine heat and snorkle like devices to get air from a high pressure, cooler sources.

Spiral turbos and eletric turbos do NOTHING! I know of one guy who actually got his money back on an NA MR2 after fitting it and making a loss in power. The power needed for the eletric turbos, comes from the alternator - load the alternator and you rob power from the engine, and with the laws of thermodynamics where power can't be created or destroyed, how can this make power?

Link to the MR2:

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...ic+supercharger

Those fan spiral things, don't work.

Fuel Star :

http://www.immortality.co.nz/fuelstar.html

Still no independant tests. Sounds fishy ;) Just because they have a big advertising budget, doesn't mean they work. Look at the subway diet!

I think you get the idea.

I'd love them to work, I REALLY would. It would have saved me spending many thousands of pounds on my cars to get results that selotaping two magnets to a pipe could have done.

But they don't.

And just to add, the reason we get annoyed is that you post that with your first post.

No introduction, no "hi I'm a newbie", no "here is my car" .. just a page of snake oil.

If you search any car forum (with any members over 20), you'll see the people who modify properly, who "know their stuff", bang on about how this is all garbage. We've all seen it before. We were taken in by their claims when we were new to the scene too. But some of us did a bit of digging before spending.

There are pages and pages of people saying "don't bother, it's a scam" .. but then you get a newbie thinking that adding a resistor into their engine temp sensor loom will add 40bhp (on a car with 40 to begin with), then they are upset when they don't get the results.

It's false advertising, rubbish science, and daylight robbery.

That's why we get annoyed.

I read your site on the magnets ... there are many testimonials on the site i gave for the magnetisers. All I can say is that they made a huge difference on my Rav which was slow beforehand. You may not notice it so much on a performance motor such as the Beams, and as I added mine the same time as the Fuelstar, I cant say whether the improvement was form them or the fuelstar. They both made a big difference on the Rav and on the Beams..

.. and by a big difference Im talking about a 20% improvement in overall power, thats what it feels like anyway ... they make it drive and sound like it should, giving you more power in the low end torque range, mid and high and a lot more responsiveness (and noise) ... a real pleasure to drive. I can see why people say these cars look faster than they are and I sometimes wish Id got the GT4. But Id like to put mine up against one now, I dont think it would be much slower. Its definitely faster than my mates 99 black top altezza, which it should be anyway being 300Kg lighter.

I'll let you know when I find a dynometer, or if I can put myself up against another SS3 to compare

The spiral turbo gave my Rav the most power, I mean it spins like a jet engine at 33,000 r.p.m, thats impressive. It kicks in more and more as you put your foot down. Im resisting putting it in the Celica as my engine has 11:1 compression and I notice that the 3S GTE Turbo has only 8.5:1,. So Im worried it may increase the compression too much and shorten the motors lifespan. Maybe it wont work that well in the Celica.but it certainly did in the Rav.

You didn't read any of the links then.

Of cause you'll (and others) think it's done wonders, you just paid out for it.

Like the NA MR2 who put a fan in his intake and lost BHP?

If you put a fan in your intake it may well spin at 33,000 rpm......but so what? who cares? Is it suckin air in? NO, its the air being sucked in by the engine that is spinning the fan at 33,000 rpm.

All you've done is installed a child wind fan thing into your intake. Just like this -

Girl%20wPinWheel.jpg

Its going to make ZERO power and will loose you a few bhp as the air has to travel around it.

A small fan in the intake will make ZERO difference to the compression. Do you know how compression works or even how an engine works?

Seriously, im not trying to be sarcastic, you just dont seem to know much about how an engine works at all.

On another note i wouldnt even try racing an ST205 GT4. Its in a different league to the ST202.

Ever thought it may be a placebo effect and that your imagining these performance gains? Its quite easy to imagine a change when you know you've changed something.

This magnet thing doesnt really add up, i mean there is theories behind them but, well put it this way (although kind of off the subject)

I work for honda and have seen cars come a long way for emissions/economy and have seen the methods they used, for eg.. the Honda Jazz has an I-DSI 1.2L engine which is basicly just a normal engine.. nothing special, but the emissions were just very very very slightly out for what the government says it should be to become the car they wanted it to be, so they fittted a twin spark layout, so if you think about it, they totally re-design a cylinder head, ECU and ignition system to cope with the 8 spark plugs, just to drop the emissions a tiny amount

Now if these magnets and amazing little cheep things that add 1000HP and reduce you emissions to StupidMPG then dont you think they would be putting their money into developing them and implementing them onto new cars. Rarther than what honda has done with the I-DSI engine, When you think what the real pros do, and the methods they use, its just so obvious these little cheep things are a load of total RUBBISH.

Theres my rant anyway. :mellow:

:lol:

This thread is comedy gold!

But you forgot the swirling fuel vortex one and the magic fuel pill one! :lol:

this thread is great!! fpmsl @ the things people think will make more power and economy!!!

just like leeky said.........do you know how compression or even and engine works???

I read your site on the magnets ... there are many testimonials on the site i gave for the magnetisers. All I can say is that they made a huge difference on my Rav which was slow beforehand. You may not notice it so much on a performance motor such as the Beams, and as I added mine the same time as the Fuelstar, I cant say whether the improvement was form them or the fuelstar. They both made a big difference on the Rav and on the Beams..

.. and by a big difference Im talking about a 20% improvement in overall power, thats what it feels like anyway ... they make it drive and sound like it should, giving you more power in the low end torque range, mid and high and a lot more responsiveness (and noise) ... a real pleasure to drive. I can see why people say these cars look faster than they are and I sometimes wish Id got the GT4. But Id like to put mine up against one now, I dont think it would be much slower. Its definitely faster than my mates 99 black top altezza, which it should be anyway being 300Kg lighter.

I'll let you know when I find a dynometer, or if I can put myself up against another SS3 to compare

The spiral turbo gave my Rav the most power, I mean it spins like a jet engine at 33,000 r.p.m, thats impressive. It kicks in more and more as you put your foot down. Im resisting putting it in the Celica as my engine has 11:1 compression and I notice that the 3S GTE Turbo has only 8.5:1,. So Im worried it may increase the compression too much and shorten the motors lifespan. Maybe it wont work that well in the Celica.but it certainly did in the Rav.

lol what are you on, dam i wish i never spent all that money on my engine conversion now, also you dont think yours will be much slower than a gt4 have you completely lost the plot

I have just thought of another product you can add to the range, its a big tube, one end is connected to the airbox, the other end is then held on some sort of arm next to the driver mouth. This tube can then be used to channel pure bulls#@t straight into the engine, sod the tiny 20% power increase, you should be able to get your Rav to victory in the next F1 drivers championship with that. :toast:

lol magnets. Why don't you get some magic crystals and an invisible psychic powered rocket booster while your at it.

Feel free to make a google vid of before/after dyno session and prove us wrong.

There's another one thats tube orientated, it's the one where you attatch a tube or hosepipe to your exhaust pipe and you put the other end inside the drivers window, then you sit in an enclosed garage and wait a few hours!! That works a treat!! :rolleyes:

Well guys, i was curious so i bought the whole lot and fitted it all to my Gen 6. I'm amazed as my car now flies, litrally, and i can get 300 miles on just one litre of Apple juice!

'Just Joken!' ;)

LMAO!

Seriously though. This thread is amazing!! It really creased me up and made my day!

I want to hear of more miracle performance enhancements they're funny as you like!

• 4 months later...

I just seen this.

Pure golden S41T

Pull the other one.