Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2004 Avensis - Engine Noise

the corpo

Hi there,

Picked up a 2004 Avensis at the weekend, 1.8l vv-t i.

Have noticed in the past day or two what sounds like a very gentle snarl noise coming from, i guess the exhaust, when accelerating. hadn't noticed it when test driving, and the car has been freshly serviced, so is snarl totally normal? or should i be worried?

Hi there,

Picked up a 2004 Avensis at the weekend, 1.8l vv-t i.

Have noticed in the past day or two what sounds like a very gentle snarl noise coming from, i guess the exhaust, when accelerating. hadn't noticed it when test driving, and the car has been freshly serviced, so is snarl totally normal? or should i be worried?

hello mate

i have been experienced with the same sound when push gas pedal.

besides - there might be twos:

- distinctive sound of silencer;

- timing chain to be tensioned (???)

Cheers/Igor

hi lads

My car does the same i have done 5k in the car since i bought it and does not seem to affect the car

Good morning all, especially my old Ukrainian buddy. I think I can answer this. If it sounds like "induction roar" and only appears on gentle acceleration, Mr.T is well aware of this problem which is not entirely common but easily fixed.

It is coming from the Air Filter housing / intake pipe which vibrates off the bodywork / wheel arch area and can be cure easily with sound deadening tape and mild re-positioning.d

Look under my previous postings for this, fixed under warranty no problem.

(2.2 T3X D4D...'55Plate Jan 2006.)

Regards,

Big Kev. :D

thanks big kev, i bet that's exactly what it is. is it in anyway detrimental to the car and should it be sorted immediately?

thanks big kev, i bet that's exactly what it is. is it in anyway detrimental to the car and should it be sorted immediately?

No detriment whatsoever, Corpo, except now you know it's there, and what it is, I bet you imagine it gets louder forthwith....tee-hee.

Low lie the fields......

Big Kev. :eek:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links