Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

There She Is!

Sico2

Here she is! All brand new, still plastic-stinky, shiny, tires-fatty and all! :wub:

Only one bad side, we were stripped of curtain and knee airbags :dontgetit: They said to us, it is a TR2 model, so already not TR from June, but not yet TR from July with 2 airbags only.. I made a little argument in dealership and talked to a sales manager. He said I can get what I want, but need to cancel this model and order new one for mid-October. I said, I rather skip these 2 airbags and accept the car as it is. To make me happy I'll get carpets in 2 days for free. Yu-pi. <_<

But anyway, pics below ! :D

cimg3098.jpg

cimg3099.jpg

cimg3100z.jpg

Tomorrow, prewash, cleaning, sealing, waxing, polishing and omg what else.. good I'm off work :)

Hi, she looks lovley and I know what you mean with the nice new car smell.

Happy motoring.

I will never understand why Toyota have reduced the airbags on the Yaris, anyway, great looking car. Love the alloys and Dunlop Sport tyres. Noticed the bumper protection, good idea, rear parking sensors are nicely colour coded.

Do you have the Stop/Start with 6 speed box on this one?

No, I have this funny working ECO button near handbrake, but have no clue what's it for :) Normal key ignition with 6speed manual.

The airbags were taken away for the alloys. The worst thing was, the guy who sold me the car in dealership apparently 'left' or similar, so couldn't blame him for misinforming me. I could order new car, as I wanted, but wait again 7-8 weeks for delivery until mid October.

But one thing is also eye-pocking. The interior is really built out cheap plastics and in a big hurry, I assume. Glove box doesn't shut properly, few bits had to have an 'adjusting' slam and similar. I.e. the roof lock from inside for the rear passenger seatbelt sitting in the middle. My god did the poor dealer man have to struggle with it to put the seatbelt handle in it :D I saw he was a bit embarrassed.

No, I have this funny working ECO button near handbrake, but have no clue what's it for :) Normal key ignition with 6speed manual.

Yes you have. The ECO button is to turn it off. When you stop at a junction or traffic lights and are in neutral, the engine will cut out. As soon as you touch the clutch it will restart :thumbsup:

Nice car, like said- the parking sensors are very well hidden ---

Could you order a new one and keep this one until the other one gets here?

OR, would they lend you a car (another yaris) while you waited for a new yaris?

It is annoying when something is mis-sold to you.

nice car mate :)

i like the protectors but shouldnt they also have given you the corner protectors for the extra price?i know when i was gonna have the protector pack on mine when i got my tr in june they said for 375 you got parking sensor,boot protector,side,front,rear bumper protectors at the time i was broke so i couldnt afford all the extras but all i can see in the pic youve got side,boot and parking sensor and i read it costs more now .

What's the NCAP rating on the new TR, does anyone know? I can't believe they would substitute a vital safety feature for a cosmetic one!(alloys) When we got our 2007 Zinc we got 9 airbags,T3 spec plus free met paint and alloy wheels, then i noticed in the 2009 TR they had dropped to 7 airbags, now from what you are saying is you only get 2, it can't be right can it? What is going on at Toyota? (Btw the Zinc became the TR in 2008)

I have just been on the Toyota website and you only get 2 airbags in the T2, 4 airbags in the TR 1.0 & 1.33 and the full compliment in the T Spirit (9), but it sounds like the've dropped them to 2 in the TR! I wonder what they'll drop from the spec come September? Surely all this has a bearing on the safety ratings (NCAP)?

Surely all this has a bearing on the safety ratings (NCAP)?

Yes it does. Only the Yaris's with all the airbags get the 5 star rating.

reece, you're saying, I got the start&stop without the key-less entry etc.? Hm... quite unusual. I'll check in few minutes, I'll be on a ride :)

There were no side protectors, even on the optional list, so I assume, they've dropped it completely?

With airbags it's quite unusual. I get 4 now. driver, passenger and 2 side bags at the each of the seats. They've scrapped the knee and curtain. Odd.

I have just been on the Toyota website and you only get 2 airbags in the T2, 4 airbags in the TR 1.0 & 1.33 and the full compliment in the T Spirit (9), but it sounds like the've dropped them to 2 in the TR! I wonder what they'll drop from the spec come September? Surely all this has a bearing on the safety ratings (NCAP)?

Yes - The latest brochure does actually state that the 5-Star NCAP rating only applies to the T-Spirit model.....

thats weird sico2 the front rear bumper protectors were in the protection bundle as well as the other stuff you got for less money ive read its gone up now but id check you should have got the other things because the car loks weird its got all the other stuff but the main protectors arent on it but the bumper has the guide lines to put them on.

thats weird sico2 the front rear bumper protectors were in the protection bundle as well as the other stuff you got for less money ive read its gone up now but id check you should have got the other things because the car loks weird its got all the other stuff but the main protectors arent on it but the bumper has the guide lines to put them on.

I think the reason why the corner protectors are not fitted is because they already have the look-a like protectors embossed into the bumpers, and for it not to look as weird the door protectors would benifit from a paint job to blend them in, just an opinion mind!

reece, you're saying, I got the start&stop without the key-less entry etc.?

There were no side protectors, even on the optional list, so I assume, they've dropped it completely?

You already have them on your bumper, they are colour coded. All the 2009 Yaris have corner bumper protection as part of the new bumper design, look at the picture again. Pity the ones they have stuck on are black and not painted to the colour of your car, they would have looked so much better and cleaner.

Yes you have the Stop/Start system. You will see 2 green lights on your dash Eco and Eco Off and the switch by your hand brake to override it. The engine will stop when you are in neutral and stationary and as soon as you touch the clutch to put it in gear, it will start.

You will also notice that you have 2 stopwatches on your odometer display, one for the current journey and one for the overall time your engine has been stopped.

:thumbsup:

there not look a like bumper protctors mate there just guides to line them up ..maybe theyve changed the full protection pack now but all the corners had black rubber protectors when i ordered mine.i would have had it at the time but i was skint but when i went to the garage a few weeks ago and asked about buying it now and fit the bumper things myself i asked the salesman were they easy to fit and the guy said yeah really easy just match up the guide lines at the front and back and they come with m3 sticky tape already on them so are very easy too fit.i was gonna buy them but they wanted nearly 60 pounds for the full kit and i can get the full kit from jakarta for less than 10 pounds there so ill wait until i go over and buy a set there.

it just looks a little weird too me that theres door/boot ones fitted that are in black and nothing anywere else the pack should protect everywere not just two places thatd make no sense for the big price they charge for it all .

there not look a like bumper protctors mate there just guides to line them up ..

Toyota-Yaris-FL-15.jpg

Just guides to “line them up”?... Is this the same salesman that doesn’t know the difference between a 1 litre TR and a 1.33 litre TR? :lol:

The 2009 Yaris has a new styling features such as new front and rear bumpers with the protective plastic mouldings (along with revised headlights new tail lights and a narrower grill)

They are not there ‘just to line up’ bits of black door plastic, if you look at Sico2’s they are not even in the same line!

In the previous generation the bumper that had side bumper protection strips, had mounting holes for the protection strips, see picture below. If they just stuck on to the guidelines they could come off or move out of position so they are not just guidelines. These new bumpers with the protection strips moulded in look alot better.

http://i.ebayimg.com/03/!BYSm9hw!m...G0T)Zw~~_12.JPG

You gotta admit though, having black rub strips down the side looks rubbish, especially as these so-called protective bumper strips are the same colour as the bumper. However, the new ones are simply cosmetic if they are moulded in and can't be removed. After all, how are they protecting the bumper if they are part of the bumper?!!! Unless they can be removed there's no point them being there. On the mk1 p2 Yaris as in the link above, if the strip got marked you could easily replace it. It looks like the ones in the new Yaris don't come off, not sure if anyone can confirm.

Of course they can't come off. It's just a little 'niche' in the bumper lined as the old protectors. It's just a bumper with highlithed shape of a protector. Toyota should be ashamed of calling them protectors.

And it's a bi**ch to remove dried wax from under them :P

Of course they can't come off. It's just a little 'niche' in the bumper lined as the old protectors. It's just a bumper with highlithed shape of a protector. Toyota should be ashamed of calling them protectors.

And it's a bi**ch to remove dried wax from under them :P

yeah too me they arnt proper protectors ive checked my 09 yaris and they dont even stick out that much maybe a few mills at most.so wont really protect the bumber if you had a bump.

yeah reece it was the same salesman and he did produce a rubber corner protector too show me and they did match up perfectly and they would give you protection if you had a bump and the extras pack at time of ordering mine did specify corner protecors were in the safety pack.if the protectors were now colour coded and they were integrated into the body work then its stupid theyve not integrated to door protectors in the same colour too..too have black protectors on the doors but red at the front and back looks out of place and daft too me.i suffer from o.c.d so things like this would drive me stupid they either have to match or i cant have them because they play on my mind if they dont colour co-ordinate..yep i know its weird lol.

i know if id had the black rubber fitted at the front bumper the scratchs i got at the trafford center would never have happened the car would have hit the rubber not my car the cut outs offer no protection at all.

Hi all. Not even the side protectors are protectors. I noticed that the upper part of all the side doors are not protected at all if you hit them against a garage wall for example. And the front and rear bumpers are not protected too as you said. But I am happy with the new car - a T-Spirit 1.33 petrol 6 speed manual transmission. Here are some photos (with the Starlet too :) ).

post-77490-1250419668_thumb.jpg

post-77490-1250419694_thumb.jpg

post-77490-1250419742_thumb.jpg

Hi all. Not even the side protectors are protectors. I noticed that the upper part of all the side doors are not protected at all if you hit them against a garage wall for example. And the front and rear bumpers are not protected too as you said. But I am happy with the new car - a T-Spirit 1.33 petrol 6 speed manual transmission. Here are some photos (with the Starlet too :) ).

You're right about the side protectors not giving much protection.

Nice car and great registration number!

there not look a like bumper protctors mate there just guides to line them up ..

Toyota-Yaris-FL-15.jpg

Just guides to “line them up”?... Is this the same salesman that doesn’t know the difference between a 1 litre TR and a 1.33 litre TR? :lol:

The 2009 Yaris has a new styling features such as new front and rear bumpers with the protective plastic mouldings (along with revised headlights new tail lights and a narrower grill)

They are not there ‘just to line up’ bits of black door plastic, if you look at Sico2’s they are not even in the same line!

Nice fog lights

i wish mine have a set of those

do you know where i can find after market fog lights for 2009 yaris??

If you want a gamble, there are loads of foglight kits on US eBay. Just go to eBay.com and search for "yaris foglight"

The US 4-door foglight surround looks very like the UK 2009 model year surround shape....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/06-07-08-TO...sQ5fAccessories

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links