Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hello Again & New Toy! :)

DefiantFrog

Hello!

Been a while since I've been on here... I think buying the Corolla TS kinda took the enjoyment out of car ownership (and everything that went with it) for me for a while. Don't get me wrong - I like the car - does everything I want it to and does it all in a very reasonable and quite nippy fashion... It was kinda like some little spark in me to be interested in cars died when I get rid of the Celica.

Well, after a properly rubbish year with work - being TUPE'd, and seeing the rest of my team's roles move to foreign parts to be done by largely incompetent idiots, then constantly being expected to pick up the pieces when the things they did went wrong, I finally figured with all the extra O/T, I ought to get myself a little treat.

Everyone - meet the thing I have been lusting after for YEARS (indeed, the thing that made me join this club in the first place) - my lovely new (to me) MR2 :)

MR2WideScreen.jpg

REV4 Sonic Shadow (Moon Roof), with REV5 spoiler, Apexi Induction, and a stupidly loud JapSpeed exhaust.

I like... :D

Aye up Ben! Good to see you buddy!

Check you out with the nice new car - pleased for you mate! You deserve it! :thumbsup:

Everything else going well - you still performing?

Yeah Hi I remember you, you had a red Gen 6 no?

I have also parted with my gen 6 too and now have some very weird vehicles

Now the MR2, they are a stunning little motor always wanted a turbo version, your looks nice, very clean hope you enjoy it :D

Thanks for the comments so far guys! I'm really proud of it! Its by no means perfect - a few minor bumps and scrapes, need to re-work the audio as the last guy chopped the standard loom and put in some bullit clips for a cheap stereo - which doesn't help me out much with any of the kit I have in the cupboard (off to maplins for some bullits, and time to chop and wire an ISO methinks), and get rid of that silly exhaust (twin 5"(ish) exists, and not much by way of resonating chambers behind them!)

Everything else going well - you still performing?

Yeah, regularly to anyone who wants to watch me! Old age though, I don't pull the crowds like I used to... ;) Life just kinda plods on though - had no real direction for some time, and nothing that really gets me interested - just been doing the same old routine... Hoping the MR2 & various club meets will give me something fun to do for a while! Speaking of which - when and where is JAE, and whats the deal with coming in for a day? Might turn up in one of the two beasts!

And hows things with you? Didn't you buy a Mk1 MR2 some time ago?

Yeah Hi I remember you, you had a red Gen 6 no?

Err... No, not quite - Black Gen7. Lovely car, and have missed it dearly since the day I got rid for something more practical. Weird vehicles? Please, enlighten me...

Looks good! if I ever get another MR2 I'll definitely not go for another T-top.

Are the wheels diamond cut?

Are the wheels diamond cut?

Apparently so! The previous owner said I need to keep them properly clean, as they aren't laquered and things could go wrong if I don't... Any truth in that?

Yeah, regularly to anyone who wants to watch me! Old age though, I don't pull the crowds like I used to... ;) Life just kinda plods on though - had no real direction for some time, and nothing that really gets me interested - just been doing the same old routine... Hoping the MR2 & various club meets will give me something fun to do for a while! Speaking of which - when and where is JAE, and whats the deal with coming in for a day? Might turn up in one of the two beasts!

And hows things with you? Didn't you buy a Mk1 MR2 some time ago?

No, I looked into it, but I don't have the space for two cars (until I move!) so still got the little Aygo, which works really well for me so I'm just sticking with it!

Otherwise things are good thanks mate! :thumbsup: No weddings or babies to announce! Hope Claire is well!

JAE stuff is all here, eat your heart out buddy. I may or may not be there, really depends on other plans but if I am it'd be nice to catch up properly! :yes:

Thats me never forget a car....But yes I can remember that name with a black gen 7.

My cars have gone totally weird a Merc C180 auto and an Nissan Elgrand......now thats a crazy vehicle but the wife picked it and is over the moon with it. The cars are fine but in terms of driving they dont really spark or ...I dont know what to say really.....blandish?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links